Appreciate the transparency, Meth.I do, too. It's a shame that New Era production was disrupted, but, if we're honest, that easily ranks among the least disappointing effects of the global pandemic.
To catch everyone up: we had planned on making a 20th anniversary New Era fitted with this patch, courtesy of @daruma.
Unfortunately, lead times tend to be very lengthy for a product like that and ran right into COVID.
- NikeTalk remains independent but has joined the Complex Catalyst Network for advertising support to ensure that we remain online.
- We've already requested the discontinuation of "pop up"/interstitial ads.
- The video player is set to display once per user per hour. A video player had been showing on ALL page views for logged out members previously. Content will be updated to feature NT threads.
- A site update is coming to include a fix for "layout shift" by reserving space for ads in advance, which will prevent the page from appearing to jump around on slower connections, since ads are loaded in last.
- There's a thread to discuss it here: https://niketalk.com/threads/ads-ar...ely-and-covering-posts-and-the-thread.690937/
- If items at the dollar store now cost $1.25, it stands to reason that the cost of "free" must also increase.
- As an alternative, you can go ad free by donating: https://niketalk.com/account/upgrades
We give everything we receive from ad free subscriptions to charity, less only the cost of payment processing. (Credit Card/Paypal fees.)