HarlemShake

"That's West 4th St dancing".. :rofl:

Dudes in here coming at me like I'm the only one who feels this way. :smh:

On top of that, dudes being real naive and narrow minded by just saying " it's just a dance" " dudes really going had for a dance" etc.

I'm not gonna argue or defend my opinion anymore, I just wanted to make sure people understand that I'm not just a dude thats coming to the defense of a "dance".

These videos should not be labeled Harlem anything. It's turns into a reflection on Harlem and we have nothing to do with it.

I wanna see the stats on what percentage of people doing the videos are aware of what the actual Harlem Shake is.

But either way, they aren't saying "THIS is the Harlem Shake".. the videos are called Harlem Shake because that's the name of the original song by Baauer. The people of Harlem just so happen to be catching collateral damage because of that name. If the song was called A-Town Stomp, you would see the same thing except it would be people from Atlanta getting mad.

On top of that, dudes being real naive and narrow minded by just saying " it's just a dance" " dudes really going had for a dance" etc.

I'm not gonna argue or defend my opinion anymore, I just wanted to make sure people understand that I'm not just a dude thats coming to the defense of a "dance".

These videos should not be labeled Harlem anything. It's turns into a reflection on Harlem and we have nothing to do with it.

I would take your argument seriously if the real Harlem Shake wasn't a stupid looking *** dance to begin with.

Last edited:
That skydiving 
pimp.gif

"They look ridiculous"

"They're disrespecting us"

"They're not doing it serious enough"

"What are THEY doing?"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: to many ignorant quotes in the video. :lol: Just shut up!

Wow, so this is what this big craze is all about? I even heard them talking about the Harlem Shake on my local news station the other day and when I seen these white folks doing it, I was like WTF is that. I'm neither black, nor from Harlem, but I can see why those people would feel disrespected.

"They look ridiculous"

"They're disrespecting us"

"They're not doing it serious enough"

"What are THEY doing?"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: to many ignorant quotes in the video. :lol: Just shut up!

lmao... and then when homie with the burberry scarf on his head started doin the dance, smdh

I didn't check all the pages of this thread, so sorry if this has been posted :

Best harlem shake IMO

Last edited:

This goes. THIS is how you respond if you feel your culture is being misrepresented instead of crying about it. 

That said, and something no one interviewed in that Harlem Response video seems to understand is that the "Harlem Shake" craze has nothing to do with the neighborhood of Harlem, and it just seems to me that anybody who was around in that era would get that. 

The name of the song is "Harlem Shake", yall caught a tough break, get over it. If you have beef with anyone it should be with the artist responsible for that terrible song in the first place. 

If the "real" Harlem Shake is what defines your area's culture, rather than all the important history Harlem has, you should be @#$@$@ ashamed of yourself :smh: :lol:

That's like me feeling disrespected if someone comes up to me and mocks Bay Area rap music. Who the hell even cares?? @#$% is 90% trash anyway :lol:

Last edited:
If the "real" Harlem Shake is what defines your area's culture, rather than all the important history Harlem has, you should be @#$@$@ ashamed of yourself
mean.gif
laugh.gif

I wanted to say this at least five times last week but I just let it go. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Come on, nobody said it DEFINED or REPRESENTED the Harlem culture.

I'll speak for myself and reiterate, the problem with the newer "Harlem shake" I have is that it looks to be more of a mock of the OG from the jump. What dance are they doing if it isn't a mock?

And all the videos are called Harlem Shake, I know it's the name of the song, but it also says "do the Harlem Shake" and then people proceed to act foolishly. Like to say "hey we doing the Harlem Shake, look at us".

The rest of the world that may have never seen the original will have the perception that this is a Harlem thing. It's not gonna sit right with some people.

I'll speak for myself and reiterate, the problem with the newer "Harlem shake" I have is that it looks to be more of a mock of the OG from the jump. What dance are they doing if it isn't a mock?

And all the videos are called Harlem Shake, I know it's the name of the song, but it also says "do the Harlem Shake" and then people proceed to act foolishly. Like to say "hey we doing the Harlem Shake, look at us".

The rest of the world that may have never seen the original will have the perception that this is a Harlem thing. It's not gonna sit right with some people.

So you're mad that people might think that this idiotic dance came from Harlem, as opposed to the original idiotic dance that comes from your community? OK :lol: People have been making fun of your silly little dance that you take so seriously for years, and you're mad about something people are doing just for fun...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom