HarlemShake

The original Harlem Shake was wack. The new one isn't any better. No disrespect to anybody from any region but Krumping, Harlem Shake, Crip Walk, all of that...WACK. I understand culture and representing she you're from, but dancing is a lame way to define yourself. I understand dancing is an outlet for expansion, but whatever the urban dance is, y'all still look like epilepsy seizure victims.

:smh: I don't know how anybody could interpret what I've said in here as anger. I'm just pointing out the things that are bothering some people about this "new" "Harlem shake".

I can tell by your post, sfc415, your just trynna be the cool guy. You've done it!

:smh: I don't know how anybody could interpret what I've said in here as anger. I'm just pointing out the things that are bothering some people about this "new" "Harlem shake".

I can tell by your post, sfc415, your just trynna be the cool guy. You've done it!

?

You're the one who keeps posting about how you have a problem with it pretty much every page.

"I'll speak for myself and reiterate, the problem with the newer "Harlem shake" I have is that it looks to be more of a mock of the OG from the jump. What dance are they doing if it isn't a mock?"

Is that not what you said? You keep writing about how it's offensive and you're questioning why people are assuming that you're angry?

Last edited:
This goes. THIS is how you respond if you feel your culture is being misrepresented instead of crying about it. 

That said, and something no one interviewed in that Harlem Response video seems to understand is that the "Harlem Shake" craze has nothing to do with the neighborhood of Harlem, and it just seems to me that anybody who was around in that era would get that. 

The name of the song is "Harlem Shake", yall caught a tough break, get over it. If you have beef with anyone it should be with the artist responsible for that terrible song in the first place. 

the amount of people here that don't get it :lol:

btw the meme died like a week after this thread was made. people still doing these vids, posting them, and watching them are corny.

with one exception...

getting a group of white boys to hit up the rucker and busting out the new harlem shake :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
It's funny because the original song just sampled a random clip, like hundreds of Trap songs already do, and thousands of rap songs did before. It's just sampling, it uses a blip from somewhere else as an abstraction and it takes new life. Big ******g deal

The meme and joke came out of left field, and I'm sure Bauuer feels alienated now, since no self-respecting DJ can play that out anymore, even himself at his shows.

I played it at a costume party a few days after the vids dropped, it became a nut house :x :smh: :lol: Funny stuff and all, but the song is dead.

The video craze has kinda jumped the shark but its still funny that ppl are actually catching feelings over it
laugh.gif

Yeah, this trend is dumb. A few decent laughs here and there, but overall just WAAAAY TOO MANY of these vids. But since I'm here (and feeling hypocritical) might as well post some

Toronto Raptors, probably the real reason why they lost to the Wizards the other night

Another random

Last edited:
I saw my local news station crew doing this the other day and I was completely clueless. I didn't see how any of this related to the Harlem Shake from 2000 {whatever}. To be honest I still don't know what hell is going on.

Back
Top Bottom