you guys are trippin
the movie itself was AMAZING
-funniest of the series
-best special effects of the series
- yates directing was superb
all in all, i loved it, but the ending was not as epic as i thought it would be
but maybe i expected too much
eyes.gif

Are you a huge fan of the books though? I can understand how people could enjoy it having not read the books.

Because if anyone is a fan of the books this movie was a straight slap in the face to them. Adding/changing/taking things out is not cool to me. I would likeit to be as similar to the books as possible.

First off let me say that I have come to terms that none of the movies will even COME CLOSE to what the books are...

with that being said I think this was the best movie in the series thus far although it did leave out many details and changed a few scenes around it was thebest acted movie by far and you can tell the characters have really developed.

Now just give me the Deathly Hallows movie please...

I thought it was great. You have to understand that with the changes it made the movie better. If they'd tried to stick to the book more then it would haveturned out like Order of the Phoenix. I thought the ommissions were fine, except for a few and the changes were actually better. Harry being pulled under waterin the cave was awesome and really added to the scene.

Also, while they did add things in with the Burrow being decimated. It seems like it will be to lead into the 7th book easier. They did no fight at Hogwartsbecause they are gonna make the 7th book's fight epic, but they still added the fight at the Burrow to give us a good scene.

I loved the lighting, especially with Draco. It always kept you thinking about him. Also, on the subject the cheeriness was there in the book, as well. The 6thbook is strange in that they still try to continue normal lives after the death of Sirius and the people going missing. In the book they still were preoccupiedwith Quidditch, with classes, with relationships. It's almost to keep this facade up and keep them disillusioned until the final blow is struck and anattack actually occurs on Hogwarts where Dumledore is killed.

And I have to say it is the best movie of the series because they are now able and willing to change things up to help better the movies. Even if accuracy waslost it was the best

And, yes, I am a big fan of the books

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Originally Posted by columbiasneaks

you guys are trippin
the movie itself was AMAZING
-funniest of the series
-best special effects of the series
- yates directing was superb
all in all, i loved it, but the ending was not as epic as i thought it would be
but maybe i expected too much
eyes.gif

Are you a huge fan of the books though? I can understand how people could enjoy it having not read the books.

Because if anyone is a fan of the books this movie was a straight slap in the face to them. Adding/changing/taking things out is not cool to me. I would like it to be as similar to the books as possible.
ive read the series many times, and would say i am a huge fan of the books
i disliked all of the other movies except for the first one
but in the end, i loved HBP

Originally Posted by srvballer

First off let me say that I have come to terms that none of the movies will even COME CLOSE to what the books are...

with that being said I think this was the best movie in the series thus far although it did leave out many details and changed a few scenes around it was the best acted movie by far and you can tell the characters have really developed.

Now just give me the Deathly Hallows movie please...
exactly... *i would insert a clapping .gif if i knew how to do that ++##*

Just got back. Didn't get to read the book but I enjoyed the movie. Except I had to wait in the theater for an hour so I was sitting on my *%# for a totalof 3.5 hours.

Emma Watson/Hermoine would get it
devil.gif

I think the beginning and middle were good, but the end was horribly rushed.

Since the seventh will be broken into two movies this won't be a problem, hopefully.

Only thing I'm truly worried about is the 7th movie. It seems they are trying to add everything in that one (reason while its broken into two movies) butwith all the stuff taken out of the other movies, I'm worried it will be terribly confusing

Like I have said before I am not a fan of any of the movies except maybe the 1st one

But this one was just as good or even better than Sorcerers Stone

Like ALWAYS they left/changed a bunch of stuff

-Couple of Voldermort Memories (No mention at all about his Parents or how Dumbledore got the ring)
- Ring wasn't destroyed
- Luna Finding Harry on the Train
- Ginny tying Harry's shoes (Wack in my opinion)
- That scene at the borrow (I didn't like)
- Harry Knowing that Malfoy took the Cabinet to Borgin and Burkes
- Malfoy actually being a Death Eater
- No fight at the tower
- What happened to Bill

Considering how bad movies 2-5 were they did a good on this movie. I don't get why they left out the funeral though. That was what I was looking forwardto the most.

I've heard the funeral is supposed to be at the beginning of the first half of the 7th movie.

I saw it yesterday. Great movie. Didn't follow the book. I got tired of complaining about that after the first movie when Peeves wasn't even there.

Definitely one of my favorites of the series despite the removal and changing of many, many events in the book.

One thing though. I came to the movie with the expectations of seeing a dope tower battle with Greyback doing work, but was thoroughly disappointed in thatregard. I waiting the WHOLE movie for the battle only to get 6 death eaters walking through Hogwarts like nothing happened and Snape zapping a defenselessrandom man.

The battles in the next two movies better be amazingly epic.

Still though, very enjoyable movie.

I might have to watch this movie. You guys have given great insight and I might as well watch it since I've seen the other movies.

This one just seemed like filler material for the last movie. Didn't seem like anything really happened in this one, other than the death at the end. Although it was cool to see Voldemort as a child. I can see why this one was PG. I think the only thing that might have kept me awake after the first halfwas Hermione
devil.gif
. And Draco is such a disappointment, the trailer reallybuilt him up for this movie, that he'd do some badd things, but he just wimped out. Seriously have no clue why so many non-children like this stuffreally. People need to read/watch something that isn't so derivative of other material..

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Definitely one of my favorites of the series despite the removal and changing of many, many events in the book.

One thing though. I came to the movie with the expectations of seeing a dope tower battle with Greyback doing work, but was thoroughly disappointed in that regard. I waiting the WHOLE movie for the battle only to get 6 death eaters walking through Hogwarts like nothing happened and Snape zapping a defenseless random man.

The battles in the next two movies better be amazingly epic.

Still though, very enjoyable movie.

QFT

There was not a battle at all

They should have at least shown what happened to Bill

I don't think they can't cut him out because he does appear in some important events in HP7

its a 600+ page book, for them not to cut a lot out and change a lot would be tough. Although I wouldve liked to see a battle at the end and a little lessromance, but nonetheless, I forgot a lot about the sixth book so I was very pleased with this movie

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Well guys...I took one on the chin tonight. I passed up watching Eagle Eye atan empty crib on HD with my main squeeze. I let her drag me to see this crap instead. Now it's 4AM and instead of being Dougied out and dog tired, I'm up on wiki tryna figure out what the !%$! a Death Eater is
smh.gif
Think of them as the KKK towards people of non magical blood

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Eaters
yeah bro, I spent like 2 hours after the premiere looking all that $@!! up. I didn't even WANT to. I just hate being thrown in the middle ofa story line. I'm damn near OCD about it. I HATE it. I will research the hell out of something until I find it's roots and fill in the blanks
smh.gif
. I hadactually read the first 2 bookss out of curiosity when I was in middle school. I own Azkaban but that $@!! is just SO long that I never got into it when Ibought it. So I looked it up, as well as Goblet and that other one I'm forgetting.

Boring, drab, incredibly DARK (
pimp.gif
) movie IMO..... but that's what happens when you haven't been following the source material. So don't put ANYweight on my opinion.

All I know is that I want a Malfoy suit. That suit is clean as bleach
pimp.gif

And Tom Riddle was a sinister looking lil guy... just saying

I didn't know so many of you were at the UC Century 25 last night.
nerd.gif

I was at the 12:01 showing. Although they changed so many things, and left out a lot, I still couldn't help myself from loving the movie. After this,I'm sort of happy they're cutting DH into two parts, because then they can stick to the book to the T.

Great movie if you read the books, if not, you'll think it sucked.
laugh.gif

seen it this morning and from some of replys im happy i watch the movie then read the book
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
no expectations

i went to go see it...it was
grin.gif

like columbiasneaks said i expected to much.
i think TGOF is the best one of all the movies.

Now that I think about it they should have had Bill and Fleur in the movie

The wedding is a big event in DH

I thought it was definitely the best of the films so far. Of course, the films never do the books enough justice, but this one was entertaining from beginningto end.

SPOILERS

I doubt that the funeral will be at the beginning of the 7th because they already showed Fawkes flying over the castle grounds, which occurs at the funeral.They should have included the funeral in this movie; it doesn't make sense that it didn't fit with the mood of the film. Plus Dumbledore's wand,which Voldemort takes, is supposed to be with him in the tomb, but it was in his office at the end.

The comedy in the film really didn't fit with the mood as everyone is supposed to be in fear and the world is a dark place now. It did make it moreentertaining, though.

Bill should have been in this movie, since he gets attacked by Fenrir Greyback, but Fleur still wants to go along with the wedding, which is a pivotal point inthe next movie.

The scene at the Burrow was weird, but I think it added to the suspense of the film.

They left out that Harry inherited all of Sirius's possessions and that he is now Kreacher's master.

They also left out Rufus Scrimgeour, Hepzibah Smith (had Hufflepuff's cup), and Dobby (who spied on Malfoy).

I thought the actor who played Slughorn was great, and overall, the acting of everyone in the cast was MUCH improved.

They may have made Snape's true motives too obvious, but since I've already read the 7th book, maybe I just already know what happens and can see thehints that they dropped.

The cave scene was very well executed.

I'd give it a 9/10.

Back
Top Bottom