Has any of yall been to Basket Ball Camp

Im asking if anyone has been to a player sponsored Basketball Camp and if so did you learn anything? Im thinking about Going to Amare's bigman Camp just towork on my post / Midrange Game overall

I went to VC's camp 2 years in a row. I don't know how big of a fan you are of Amare, but it was great learning things from my favorite playerpersonally. He had staff there (some of which he went to HS with, others who played college ball, overseas, etc), but he was there everyday givinginstructions, working on the drills, all of that. I learned a lot from a playing standpoint & I learned a lot about the specifics that come with playing.Having an NBA player coach the camp offers a good viewpoint of how they go about things, their experience, their views, theirs tips, etc so you'll learnfrom that as well.

^ do alot of scrubs go to camps like that?

and it must suck that you cant go to the vc camp anymore since he got traded
ohwell.gif

Good info Amare is dope I like him. im in college and stuff and the coach told me to get my stuff together and think about trying to walk on they got somespots opening up. And Im getting up there in age so I figured a camp to knock the dust off would prolly help me more than pick up 3 times a week. Ya feel me

Originally Posted by Physicx

^ do alot of scrubs go to camps like that?

and it must suck that you cant go to the vc camp anymore since he got traded
ohwell.gif
Yea, you have your share of stand out players, then your share of scrubs. I'd say both times I went it was about half & half. After acouple days, every player stands out with who they are & how they play (whether good or bad).

... & Im still not over it, so don't get me going.
laugh.gif
mad.gif

I've been to a couple when I was growing up but for the most part, the players name is only a headline to get you there so your parents can spend their doeto get you there. I barely saw the headline player actually DO anything. All the NBA players did was make up some BS lecture and bounce.

went to bank of america's jammin hoops camp in elementary school. took a pic with bill walton and magic johnson came out and told us stories.

been to Five Star. Good experience. Well worth it. Only thing was getting murked by the holy trinity. (Cooke, Barrett, and Brown)

no player sponsors but co-ed ath;etic camp was some of the best times ive ever had.

nothing but playing basketball and b!tch#es as far as the eye could see. there were other sports too diversifying the female population.

wake up, ball, eat, ball, get domed, ball, eat, #$% girls, sleep.

awesome.

Back
Top Bottom