Has anybody seen through Hov's BS? (Vol. Eliminating competition)

hip hop is dead? hasnt that boy curren$y been killing the mixtape scene for a few years straight? what about that boy big k.r.i.t actually droping good quality MUSIC, stuff you can play at bbq's and *@!, what about dudes like wiz? kendrick lamar, nipsey hussle, juicy j? dom kennedy, smoke dza?? HIP HOP IS DEAD???

i think your just out the loop holmes, catch up on some blogs doggy

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

Originally Posted by LuckyLoser

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I agree that Jay doesn't really care about hiphop, but I stopped caring around vol 3.

He's like Jordan to me, his talent overshadows his flaws

Since In My Lifetime, Blueprint has been the dopest thing he's put out so far. 
So yea, I'm willing to say he only has 2 dope albums under his belt.
His guest features made his albums what they were IMO.
American Gangster wasn't a dope album?

American Gangster was overrated trash.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I agree that Jay doesn't really care about hiphop, but I stopped caring around vol 3.

He's like Jordan to me, his talent overshadows his flaws

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trak1sh

Plays already home. Perfect song for this thread.
Word. Surprised that wasn't already mentioned. Even though BP3 was a little bit better than garbo, that song
basically sums up everything in a nutshell, and it's not a coincidence that that was the best song on there. When 

I heard that song, I couldn't even complain anymore about stuff Jay does (or did). That's just how it is.

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Cam didn't deserve to pass beans and bleek? You high on sherm? You never heard Come Home With Me?

Cam did not deserve to be name VP at Roc-a-fella before Beans and Bleek. and that was before CHWM came out. Dame did that.
if thats a silly statement then i guess im silly
ohwell.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Yup. Always.
Except Cam of course

? Cam aint "deserve" to pass over Beans and Bleek at that time. imo
So let me get this clear, Beans and them were failing not due to Jay, but their own work ethic and attitudes, and when Cam came in grinding and building himself and dip set up he aint deserve to pass over them? Makes perfect sense 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Yup. Always.
Except Cam of course

That's ludicrous
laugh.gif
Diplomats flooded da mixtape scene at da time, beans & bleek wereJuat twiddlin they thumbs.

Unlike all the others, Cole seems to be the only one who genuinely embraces the fact that Jay won't throw random co-signs and act all buddy buddy with him out in public. Cole seems to be the only one that wants to make a name for himself mostly on his own. (It can't be 100% on his own because obviously the signing put him on to begin with, and lets not act like he's not getting any connections or help whatsoever)...
But with that said, Cole has the drive and work ethic that Beanie and Young Gunz and everyone else who talked bad about Jay never had. If your boss aint helping you out, go out and help yourself out...

My boss at my job doesn't help me that much, yet he's hard on me all the time. Thats how the real world is. You gotta prove yourself before your handed things. If i gotta earn things on my own at some regular 9-5 job then you can damn well know people like Jay and Puff aint just gonna hand their artists everything and make life easy for them. They had to grind to get to the top, and they expect you to grind your way there too.

Thats why i @*%% with cole. Dude making a name for himself, whether you like it or not. Thats why he has been, and will be even more successful.

Its only a matter of time until Jay REALLY starts %$@@+% with cole and starts to do some heavy work with the kid, WTT typa @!%@. Just wait. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Except Cam of course

That's ludicrous
laugh.gif
Diplomats flooded da mixtape scene at da time, beans & bleek were Juat twiddlin they thumbs.

maybe, but i just think it looks funny having a newcomer named to a VP position without approval by Jay. dont matter tho. Dame dug his own hole...

look at beans now

look at bleek now

now look at cam'ron

whos the most successful?

THAT IS EXACTLY WHY DAME MADE CAM VP.....RIGHT THERE

Originally Posted by chriscendo

look at beans now
look at bleek now
now look at cam'ron
whos the most successful?

THAT IS EXACTLY WHY DAME MADE CAM VP.....RIGHT THERE

What u mean, my man Bleek is doin it