Has anyone actually fixed a scratched XBox 360 game and got it to work?

I see all these remedies that people have put online that say will work.  I tried glass cleaner, didnt work.  
the most common thing im seeing is toothpaste? really?

I guess Im going to have to switch out my 2k11 again at walmart

I see all these remedies that people have put online that say will work.  I tried glass cleaner, didnt work.  
the most common thing im seeing is toothpaste? really?

I guess Im going to have to switch out my 2k11 again at walmart

Ya, COD4
30t6p3b.gif
I moved my xbox from sitting horizontal to verticle while the game was playing
laugh.gif
had no idea that would scratch up the disc. The scratch was real deep, but I just took it back to Gamestop and told them I got the game like this (bought it used) and they just did their thing and got it fixed
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Ya, COD4
30t6p3b.gif
I moved my xbox from sitting horizontal to verticle while the game was playing
laugh.gif
had no idea that would scratch up the disc. The scratch was real deep, but I just took it back to Gamestop and told them I got the game like this (bought it used) and they just did their thing and got it fixed
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

did you try the toothpaste? you're supposed to put it on the scratch let it dry and then kinda buff it off
I'm guessing this might not work with those gel like toothpastes
but I remember they used sell these little packets at FYE to fix scratches and the stuff
inside was basically the same consistency as toothpaste.

did you try the toothpaste? you're supposed to put it on the scratch let it dry and then kinda buff it off
I'm guessing this might not work with those gel like toothpastes
but I remember they used sell these little packets at FYE to fix scratches and the stuff
inside was basically the same consistency as toothpaste.

some of the games nowadays load significant amounts of data at once, black ops for example for me was the most temperamental game ive ever owned...you looked at the disc wrong and it skipped.
toothpaste works well as a "polish" it does sound crazy, but it does work...you have to work at it for a while, but its mild abrasiveness really can work scratches out IF they are on the plastic side (clear) and not the label side

some of the games nowadays load significant amounts of data at once, black ops for example for me was the most temperamental game ive ever owned...you looked at the disc wrong and it skipped.
toothpaste works well as a "polish" it does sound crazy, but it does work...you have to work at it for a while, but its mild abrasiveness really can work scratches out IF they are on the plastic side (clear) and not the label side

Yeah, I've had them resurfaced at a local video store. I got mad a bunch at FIFA World Cup and kicked the desk and it scratched the disk real deep, but they were able to fix it

Yeah, I've had them resurfaced at a local video store. I got mad a bunch at FIFA World Cup and kicked the desk and it scratched the disk real deep, but they were able to fix it

When that happens to me, I just borrow a non scratched game from a friend, burn it to my XBox hard drive, and then you can play the scratched game off your system

When that happens to me, I just borrow a non scratched game from a friend, burn it to my XBox hard drive, and then you can play the scratched game off your system

You can go to game shops or if you know someone who works for a game studio (maybe you do...) they usually have machines that will refinish scratched disks. I've done this with multiple games from ps1 on.

Back
Top Bottom