Has anyone else been using StockX?

Sent them a perfectly good pair of shoes with a perfect box as I know the rules and obviously checked their little "my box is undamaged" box they make you agree to before you send...and they deny my item and claim the box came like this...I would expect this from some low feedback buyer on ebay, but can't believe I have to put up with this from a company that has the budget to have national TV commercials...still havent even heard back from anyone in response to my email I sent looking for an explanation...not sure I can trust them anymore :angry: unnamed.jpg

Sent them a perfectly good pair of shoes with a perfect box as I know the rules and obviously checked their little "my box is undamaged" box they make you agree to before you send...and they deny my item and claim the box came like this...I would expect this from some low feedback buyer on ebay, but can't believe I have to put up with this from a company that has the budget to have national TV commercials...still havent even heard back from anyone in response to my email I sent looking for an explanation...not sure I can trust them anymore :angry: unnamed.jpg
Maybe it happened during shipping?

absolutely ridiculous. I feel the exact same way after they rejected a pair I got from then originally.

are they sending them back to you?

absolutely ridiculous. I feel the exact same way after they rejected a pair I got from then originally.

are they sending them back to you?
yeah, they sent me an email informing me of the rejection, showing me the pic and said;

"We received this item with a damaged box. However, We have reviewed your account and see that you have been a been a great customer so we are waiving all fees and will send you back the item immediately, free of charge"

I'm not sure they usually wave "charges" for shoes returned for legit verification reasons. I feel like its sort of an admission of fault...Not only that, but the sale was completely deleted from my transaction history as if they want to just forget about it and my authentification score still reads at 100%......I tuly at this point just want them to own up to it and offer compensation for the damage and hassle...but I still have no response, so I came on here to vent and expose their BS tactics....what a joke!

Got them back today...not only was the box ripped like they showed, but the right shoe had the laces undone, the paper stuffing removed and a black smudge around the inside ankle...I guess that also happened in shipping :rolleyes

Last edited:
yeah, they sent me an email informing me of the rejection, showing me the pic and said;

"We received this item with a damaged box. However, We have reviewed your account and see that you have been a been a great customer so we are waiving all fees and will send you back the item immediately, free of charge"

I'm not sure they usually wave "charges" for shoes returned for legit verification reasons. I feel like its sort of an admission of fault...Not only that, but the sale was completely deleted from my transaction history as if they want to just forget about it and my authentification score still reads at 100%......I tuly at this point just want them to own up to it and offer compensation for the damage and hassle...but I still have no response, so I came on here to vent and expose their BS tactics....what a joke!
since the laces and paper were undone it seems like they were on the fence about accepting the shoes. inconsistency again...

when my pair was rejected for light stains (even though I shipped them back in the same condition they sold them to me), they charged me the return shipping but deleted the sale from my history too. i argued with them to take them back but all they did was refund the return shipping.

I've lost faith in them so I dont think you'll get anything, but good luck to you. if you create a case from the contact page on their website or do a live chat I think you might get a response faster.

since the laces and paper were undone it seems like they were on the fence about accepting the shoes. inconsistency again...

I'm really feeling like they sent me back a completely different pair and kept mine for some strange reason

The highest bid is now $20 less than what i sold them for...and I have a replacement box shell and cleaned up the dirt on the ankle...i'm tempted to just send them back in and see what happens this time :tongue:

FLAW: a mark, fault, or other imperfection that mars a substance or object.
By definition the shoes are flawed. They have 2 left tongues. How is SX defining flaw in this instance? That's straight BS. The only way to get these knuckleheads to stop this "sell them back on our platform" BS is to start making complaints. File with the BBB in these instances. They can't make SX do anything, but enough complaints will hurt their reputation, so it would be in their best interests to revisit there processes.
Definitely dig this. Selling back through their platform doesn't fix the issue. Just screws over other people.

Definitely dig this. Selling back through their platform doesn't fix the issue. Just screws over other people.
This always baffled me that they would give a response like that. I saw a review on YouTube regarding an instance kind of like this one. They’re essentially saying you can pass the buck and potentially screw someone else. What kind of response is that from anyone let alone a company ? and a company as big as they are ?

“ Hey listen, we realized you got screwed and we’re sorry, but if you want you can try to sell them back on our platform and try to make it someone else’s problem “.

This always baffled me that they would give a response like that. I saw a review on YouTube regarding an instance kind of like this one. They’re essentially saying you can pass the buck and potentially screw someone else. What kind of response is that from anyone let alone a company ? and a company as big as they are ?

“ Hey listen, we realized you got screwed and we’re sorry, but if you want you can try to sell them back on our platform and try to make it someone else’s problem “.
Not to mention they're making money each time a sale is made. It's a win win for Stock X. My honest opinion is I think the shoes need to be more thoroughly examined and checked for details. People are spending their hard earned money only to be scammed by a system that is suppose to guarantee authenticity.

Last edited:
Not to mention they're making money each time a sale is made. It's a win win for Stock X. My honest opinion is I think the shoes need to be more thoroughly examined and checked for details. People are spending their hard earned money only to be scammed by a system that is suppose to guarantee authenticity.
Yeah that’s a huge painful fact that isn’t taking place over at SX. Look, I get the fact that they get pounded with shoes on a daily basis and things are going to happen but I’ve see some pretty atrocious sh*t go overlooked by their “ authentication “ team. I’m talking clear signs of wear, painfully obvious dirt stains on the upper and mid or outsole and shoes smelling like smoke/weed smoke. I’d love to know how they track an authenticator’s percentage or how well they do their job if they stick to this “ never admit defeat “ motto of theirs. Nothing ever seems to be their fault even when presented with logical hard evidence that it wasn’t the seller.

Yeah that’s a huge painful fact that isn’t taking place over at SX. Look, I get the fact that they get pounded with shoes on a daily basis and things are going to happen but I’ve see some pretty atrocious sh*t go overlooked by their “ authentication “ team. I’m talking clear signs of wear, painfully obvious dirt stains on the upper and mid or outsole and shoes smelling like smoke/weed smoke. I’d love to know how they track an authenticator’s percentage or how well they do their job if they stick to this “ never admit defeat “ motto of theirs. Nothing ever seems to be their fault even when presented with logical hard evidence that it wasn’t the seller.
Thats true, I think they should start making each individual authenticator sign off on each shoe they authenticate then this way if any problem occurs when you make the complaint you can be able to verify who the authenticator was. They could make some type of system to store the information with all the feedback received about the authenticator, and whether or not there has been complaints of fakes in the past through this individual and then from there they can make the proper arrangements.

Thats true, I think they should start making each individual authenticator sign off on each shoe they authenticate then this way if any problem occurs when you make the complaint you can be able to verify who the authenticator was. They could make some type of system to store the information with all the feedback received about the authenticator, and whether or not there has been complaints of fakes in the past through this individual and then from there they can make the proper arrangements.
They already do that. Each shoe has a barcode throughout the process and can be tracked to who recieved it, who authenticated it, who boxed it up, and who shipped it.

We can't get this twisted though..SX does their authentication process to determine if the shoe is Legit or Fake. They are not failing legit shoes for normal flaws (stitches,glue, etc.) They are also not setting the prices. Some people assume bc they pay a premium on a platform like SX they will be sold pristine product. That is not the case. If you can get it at Footlocker, you can get it at SX regardless of the up charge. Now a worn pair, torn box, missing accessories etc. That's another story. That's SX just plain dropping the ball.

Yeah, I think the majority are just knit-picky when it comes to their sneakers. Even i’m like that. We just expect a solid pair since we’re paying for the price; It’s really a gamble. I’m learning to not care though because I do wear my shoes. Real talk, they come back around in a few years, and time flies. If you’re a sneaker collector and don’t wear them at all, then yeah, I understand you want a shoe that’s flawless.

^i had two pairs of shadow 1’s and when lacing a pair up
I went with the pair with small imperfections over the near flawless pair

Attachments

• 0C967B95-2CDC-4067-98D8-3CC358DF2B30.jpeg
    0C967B95-2CDC-4067-98D8-3CC358DF2B30.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 155
I wanna buy a pair on stockx cuz it’s the only place I’ve seen em but I’m paranoid that my info might get stolen. Can I just buy those credit card gift cards and use that as my form of payment?

Just received the clot mids Monday. They just let any box pass through. Shipping box was in perfect shape. Of course they don’t respond to you when you email. Stockx sucks. Never had a problem selling stuff. 2nd time I got a box that was damaged. Lucky the two sneakers I bought were for wearing not selling but come on seriously, this box looks terrible.

Attachments

• C3B51862-F926-4557-B324-E23C3C27DC27.jpeg
    C3B51862-F926-4557-B324-E23C3C27DC27.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 64A9785E-6EDC-4117-8E04-6700E81834FE.jpeg
    64A9785E-6EDC-4117-8E04-6700E81834FE.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 28
  • A52E3ADD-14A4-4A3F-A446-477AC9E86ECA.jpeg
    A52E3ADD-14A4-4A3F-A446-477AC9E86ECA.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 4C74255E-5CBE-4ECB-939F-5FC2DA8782E5.jpeg
    4C74255E-5CBE-4ECB-939F-5FC2DA8782E5.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 52
  • B14A4B4B-5790-4798-A54D-172C74A7BEED.jpeg
    B14A4B4B-5790-4798-A54D-172C74A7BEED.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 683
Just received the clot mids Monday. They just let any box pass through. Shipping box was in perfect shape. Of course they don’t respond to you when you email. Stockx sucks. Never had a problem selling stuff. 2nd time I got a box that was damaged. Lucky the two sneakers I bought were for wearing not selling but come on seriously, this box looks terrible.
I’m actually going back and fourth with customer service right now about a box I’m about to send in. I’m hoping they don’t reject it because I’ve seen some real banged up boxes pass the authentication and make it to the buyer. I’m surprised this one made it through. I don’t think mine is that bad so I’m going to roll the dice and send it in.

Attachments

• DCD18408-898F-4431-99DF-9CB6E8D6827C.jpeg
    DCD18408-898F-4431-99DF-9CB6E8D6827C.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 813
I wanna buy a pair on stockx cuz it’s the only place I’ve seen em but I’m paranoid that my info might get stolen. Can I just buy those credit card gift cards and use that as my form of payment?
sign up for privacy cards. you can create virtual, one time use credit cards that are funded through your bank account or debit card. I've done it a few times for those pesky recurring subscriptions so that I dont have to remember to cancel.

Back
Top Bottom