has anyone ever had a real garage sale?

I can't find the rules on my local county, but I head you need a permit to have one now. wth?

I have to get rid of tons of stuff. some nters are hitting me up about gear since I lost 40lbs. and went from a XL/36 to a M/32 (sorry all the 2xl stuff wasgiven to charity for ex youth convicts) and vinyl, xbox360s, beds, couches, shoes, but it's too much to list on ebay or craigslist. it is 1 entire roomfilled now. it's gotta go, I want to redo the carpet in that room and make it a bedroom again. does anyone know the best way to do it? because I heard ifyou put up signs, the city will fine or something.

I already sold about 40 hoodies and 120 tees, but there is a good amount of HEAT left. I kept the heat just in case this diet/lifestyle change was a fluke.
the vinyl just bums me out.

thanks

We did down here

Rules
COMMON VIOLATIONS :: GARAGE SALES
Garage sales may be conducted not more than twice per calendar year and not to exceed three (3) consecutive days. Permits are not required.

The City allows temporary garage sales directional signs* as long as they adhere to the following guidelines:

1. Schedule: Signs are allowed on the weekend between noon Friday and noon Monday. A holiday falling on Friday or Monday will be considered part of the weekend and an additional day will be granted before or after the weekend as applicable.

2. Size: Signs shall not exceed 24"x 30" in size and shall not exceed three (3) feet in height when measured from the ground to the top of the sign.

3. Location:

1. Signs shall not be closer than 40 feet to a street intersection.

2. Signs must be placed behind sidewalks. Where there is no sidewalk, signs must be placed no nearer than ten (10) feet from the street curb or edge of pavement.

3. Signs shall not be placed in a motorist's "visibility triangle" as defined in the Streets Ordinance. Generally, signs must not restrict motorists' visibility.

4. Signs shall not be placed more than three (3) miles from the subject property.

5. Signs shall not be placed in any State right of way. (Texas Department of Transportation regulation)

6. Signs shall not be placed within any street median.

7. Signs shall not be placed on utility poles or fixed objects within the City right of ways.
*It is the responsibility of the person placing the sign to secure permission of the adjacent property owner before placing a sign. It is also their responsibility to remove the sign as described above.

I promised my son an xbox 360 for his birthday but money has been real tight. How much are you letting it go for?

I heard the city gets a certain percentage of sales? any truth to this?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Ortega03

I heard the city gets a certain percentage of sales? any truth to this?
nerd.gif
Ive never heard of this, depends where you live i guess.
Here you just have to pay a small fee per day

Just throw it on craigslist with pics. Categorize everything and then see what you do after with the leftovers.

Uploading to craigslists plus photos = a part time job. Doing all that is serious work. Plus you gotta repost everyday so your post stays on the first page.

the thing is I live in a border, so bev hills city hall or downtown la city hall. I called and after 45 on hold and trying, I gave up.
damn 8pm? 8am? I haven't been to bed before 6am in a few years.

and no more then 3 days? and no more then 3 times a year? this is ******ed.

tupac, it's the all red resident evil edition 120gb LE one. I have 4 xbox 360's all limited edition #'d joints never opened or played and I do NOTplay xbox, I barely play video games

the clothes and vinyl gotta go though, I've given a ton away, but it's too much to list singly or what not.

none of my friends are a 36 or XL or L really.

I just sold my golf clubs because it's just not gonna happen. and I got them free and someone offered me $1,500 for the set

Originally Posted by vrp32tl

Uploading to craigslists plus photos = a part time job. Doing all that is serious work. Plus you gotta repost everyday so your post stays on the first page.
Not really.

Photobucket to upload pics. Grab the HTML codes...

When you want to repost it then just edit it,select all,copy and repost.

Oh shoot, didn't even know you needed to follow any guidelines.

When I had a couple of garage sales back in the day, I would start Saturday morning, clean up whatever is left over following that evening, and do it againSunday morning. Then that's it.

I have a wooden dresser for sale also that I need to get rid of. Are garage sales the only way to get rid of these things or is there some sort of other meansto sell?

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

the thing is I live in a border, so bev hills city hall or downtown la city hall. I called and after 45 on hold and trying, I gave up.

tupac, it's the all red resident evil edition 120gb LE one. I have 4 xbox 360's all limited edition #'d joints never opened or played and I do NOT play xbox, I barely play video games

the clothes and vinyl gotta go though, I've given a ton away, but it's too much to list singly or what not.

I just sold my golf clubs because it's just not gonna happen. and I got them free and someone offered me $1,500 for the set
Im interested in a xbox ben
nerd.gif

Those sign regulations are crazy. Aint no one around my way following those. thats crazy how strict in theory all of that is.. straight up wasteful on thegovernments part coming up with such a list....

WIth that much stuff, I'd have an "estate sale"

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

tupac, it's the all red resident evil edition 120gb LE one. I have 4 xbox 360's all limited edition #'d joints never opened or played and I do NOT play xbox, I barely play video games

Im interested in a xbox ben
nerd.gif
PM me your price for the xbox 360
nerd.gif

hold up taxes? taxes for what? I pay taxes on waaaaaaaaaaay too much *@%* living in my city as is. I'm still researching, don't see anything.

lurkin, r8 just got a full body kit and it's being sold next week to a friend, m5 is gonna be gone shortly too and the charger and I'm trying to getthe 2009 lambo LP640 then maybe a ford flex(yes laugh, but I need a lowkey dl car to drive to work now. lol) and I'm gonna maybe lease the new 7 and ofcourse keep the SS and ElCo classics.

and yes, damn son, went from 22.4% body fat to 13% body fat in 5 months (maybe less, every nutritionist wanted me to see a doc so i did. did everythingnaturally) they said it takes usually a year to shed that body fat. losing weight can be easy, but sheding actual fat is tough. top 2 cubes of the abs showin,I'm happy, but it's tough work.... actually on my way to the gym now.

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Just throw it on craigslist with pics. Categorize everything and then see what you do after with the leftovers.

Word,

I'll post it all for you for the xbox 360.

Back
Top Bottom