Has anyone MOVED ACROSS COUNTRY ?? shipping frieght ? input & experiance please ?

Hello Family & Happy Holidays to you all 
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I have the opportunity to transfer for work purposes to SF , CA  . I am originally from the MOCO suburb of Washington DC.

I have begun to Purge & donate my belongings to local charity's ...But I have so much @%@! to move... no idea how to do so.

I have about 40 pair of shoes to bring , 42 inch tv , playstation 3 , xbox , clothes, suits & coats , lil things that will remind me of home etc.

Any folks suggest me websites,freight companies, ANYTHING to help me out ??

My move date is in about 4 weeks but I would like to get the ball rolling, there is no way in hell id rent a uhaul & drive across country.. they charge... 89 cents a mile
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Appreciate it family
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hello Family & Happy Holidays to you all 
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I have the opportunity to transfer for work purposes to SF , CA  . I am originally from the MOCO suburb of Washington DC.

I have begun to Purge & donate my belongings to local charity's ...But I have so much @%@! to move... no idea how to do so.

I have about 40 pair of shoes to bring , 42 inch tv , playstation 3 , xbox , clothes, suits & coats , lil things that will remind me of home etc.

Any folks suggest me websites,freight companies, ANYTHING to help me out ??

My move date is in about 4 weeks but I would like to get the ball rolling, there is no way in hell id rent a uhaul & drive across country.. they charge... 89 cents a mile
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Appreciate it family
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Check out ABF U-Pack and SmartMove. Both highly recommended for moves between states. Personally I used SmartMove to move from NY to ATL and cant say enough good things abt the process.

Also, go here for more reviews and answers. Very helpful resource for movers

Check out ABF U-Pack and SmartMove. Both highly recommended for moves between states. Personally I used SmartMove to move from NY to ATL and cant say enough good things abt the process.

SELL EVERYTHING!

Moved 600miles to NYC, cost me me close to $1500 in gas and truck rental.
Got there and half the stuff wouldn't fit in the apartment. Ended up selling it anyway.

My advice, because I'm going through the same dilemma again moving back in 6 weeks...is SELL EVERYTHING, buy new.

Beds, Couches, TV's. any furnishing SELL...because if they get damaged in the move or don't fit or match the new living quarters then
you wasted money.

My boy moved from Cali to Michigan $4700 and he ended up getting rid of it all.

SELL EVERYTHING!

Got there and half the stuff wouldn't fit in the apartment. Ended up selling it anyway.

My advice, because I'm going through the same dilemma again moving back in 6 weeks...is SELL EVERYTHING, buy new.

Beds, Couches, TV's. any furnishing SELL...because if they get damaged in the move or don't fit or match the new living quarters then
you wasted money.

Originally Posted by Volkswaggin Chedda

thanks, I looked into it but they want 2K+ for a small load box...
eek.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

SELL EVERYTHING!

you wasted money.

thats the thing I am thinking but i have alot of nice furniture, coffetable, TV , dressers etc and I would only get pennys on the dollar that i originally paid.

huge dilemma for me, thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by Volkswaggin Chedda

thanks, I looked into it but they want 2K+ for a small load box...
eek.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

SELL EVERYTHING!

you wasted money.

thats the thing I am thinking but i have alot of nice furniture, coffetable, TV , dressers etc and I would only get pennys on the dollar that i originally paid.

huge dilemma for me, thanks for the input.

Send the clothing and shoes on the big grey dog. The other stuff, see if you can get away with renting a van.

Send the clothing and shoes on the big grey dog. The other stuff, see if you can get away with renting a van.

Can you take a week and rent a truck. That's what I would do.

My sister-in-law just moved from OH to Alubuquerque and it looked a great trip - spread it over 4 or 5 days and saw some great sites on the way.

My sister-in-law just moved from OH to Alubuquerque and it looked a great trip - spread it over 4 or 5 days and saw some great sites on the way.

Originally Posted by kdawg

a small uhaul ? they cost about 1600 + gas & the max speed is 65 mph =(

a storage cube to ship is $2k ++

Relocube_image.jpg

I only have $6k saved
frown.gif
frown.gif

EDIT :

uhaul pod is about 1600... may go this route
ubox.jpg

Originally Posted by kdawg

a small uhaul ? they cost about 1600 + gas & the max speed is 65 mph =(

a storage cube to ship is $2k ++

Relocube_image.jpg

I only have $6k saved
frown.gif
frown.gif

EDIT :

uhaul pod is about 1600... may go this route
ubox.jpg

i used ucrate to ship my stuff back home, they go through RH carriers it wasn't a bad price.

i used ucrate to ship my stuff back home, they go through RH carriers it wasn't a bad price.

Back
Top Bottom