Has anyone opted out of a full body scanner at the airport?

I'm leaving tomorrow and considering opting out of a full body scan.
I was wondering if they hassle you for asking to get patted down.

You're nervous, its understandable. 

extenze_300wide.jpg

Take this, should help you out.

It sucks, they start yelling "OPT OUT OPT OUT" and all the passengers look at you like you're a terrorist.

my mom and sister told me they opted for the pat down when they left for miami sunday night
30t6p3b.gif
theyre dumb ima body those TSA people for touching them.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

It sucks, they start yelling "OPT OUT OPT OUT" and all the passengers look at you like you're a terrorist.

eh something along the lines of this.

I've seen it before. Why would you even put yourself through this. Do you have metal in your body due to surgery? I have a plate and screws in my arm and the alarms never go off.
Your gonna be at the checkpoint for atleast 10 more minutes. Biggest waste of time and everyone will think you are trying to sneak $$@# on the plane.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

its not worth the time. just get scanned.
You're probably right.
Besides, I'd rather them take a pic of my meat than grope my meat without even having the decency to kiss me.

No. In fact, next time I go to the airport I'm going to request both scan and pat down
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Last time I went they had multiple lines depending on which method you wanted, the shortest line was for the weird puff of air one so I cruised through.  For some reason no one wanted to go through that one
ohwell.gif

Redbox needs to come out with a FluffBox right before the security check at airports.

They'd make millions n

laugh.gif
 yup.  You want to have everyone stare at you... be my guest.  Maybe it can help spark a conversation with a female there.  She'll be like... you're that guy that opted out?  Yup that's me.  Her... I hope your'e not sitting next to me.  

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

haven't travelled yet, but I'd rather opt out than get scanned

THIS RIGHT HERE!

WHEN I DO TAKE MY FIRST FLIGHT  I'M TELLING THEM NO WAY!

I GET ENOUGH RADIATION FROM MY DENTIST OFFICE 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

laugh.gif
 yup.  You want to have everyone stare at you... be my guest.  Maybe it can help spark a conversation with a female there.  She'll be like... you're that guy that opted out?  Yup that's me.  Her... I hope your'e not sitting next to me.  

You're sheep.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

laugh.gif

You're sheep.
Word.

I'm sure they would rather be like you and this kid.

13782919_BG11.jpeg

roll.gif

i dont know what the big deal is

if you dont want a body scan

dont travel

i have been patted down by local pigs for no good reason

and i let them do it you know why i dont want to deal with the hassle
i know i did nothing wrong at that moment

i would not have a problem with a body search or a scan i have nothing to hide

its for your safety and others on the plane

you dont like walk or drive to where your going or take a train or bus

if your flying international you have no other choice

when i went back to nyc from Amsterdam in 2009 i had no problem and i was scanned and patted down

[h1][/h1]
[h1]TSA admits bungle as tests on body scanners show TEN times more radiation than expected
[/h1]
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 5:57 PM on 16th March 2011

The results of tests on the radiation levels at x-ray body scanners that have been put in airports acorss America are flawed, the Transportation Security Administration admits.

The tests came back showing ten times more radiation than was expected.

The TSA says the scanners will be re-tested because there was a 'calculation error' in the safety studies.

article-0-0B34878600000578-901_468x286.jpg

Flawed tests: A new full body scan at Boston's Logan Airport. Radiation level tests were wrong, the TSA says, because some of the people missed out one of the key steps in the test

It added that the machines, there are now at least 500 of them at nearly 80 airports, meet all the necessary safety standards and would remain in use while further tests are carried out.

The pro-passenger group, the Association for Airline Passenger Rights, said the government to stop using the $180,000 machines that produce a virtual-nude image of the body until new tests are concluded in May.

Brandon Macsata, executive director of the group, said: 'Airline passengers have enough concerns about flying — including numerous ones about how TSA conducts its haphazard security screenings. So it is the TSA’s responsibility to ensure passengers are not being exposed to unhealthy amounts of radiation.'

Another group that opposes the machines, the Electronic Privacy Information Centre (EPIC), is calling for their use to be stopped until new health studies are concluded.

article-0-0B3492A200000578-471_468x286.jpg

Controversial: The introduction of the body scanners and 'pat downs' has brought protests at many airports

EPIC’s executive director Marc Rotenberg is expected to address the issue before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on Wednesday.

'These risks could have been more carefully assessed,' he said.

The fiasco comes as radiation paranoia grips the U.S. because of fears surrounding the nuclear plant disaster in Japan.

President Obama has called for calm as worried Americans panic-buy drugs to protect themselves against Japan's nuclear fallout. The U.S. Surgeon General has warned Americans to 'be prepared.'

TSA spokesman Sarah Horowitz said the tests actually prove the safety of the machines.

'It would appear that the emissions are 10 times higher. We understand it as a calculation error,' she said.

article-0-0B3492AC00000578-698_468x286.jpg

On the rise: There are 500 of scanners at American airports and more are on the way

Los Angeles-based Rapiscan has a contract to deliver another 250 machines at a cost of about $180,000 each.

Miss Horowitz said Rapiscan technicians are required to test radiation levels ten times in a row, then divide the figure by ten to produce an average radiation measurement.

Unfortunately, that did not happen in several cases, she added.

'Certainly, the errors are not acceptable. It’s not every report. We believe the technology is safe,' she said.

'We’ve done extensive, independent testing. It doesn’t raise alarms in terms of safety.'

qxmczk.gif

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

when i went back to nyc from Amsterdam in 2009 i had no problem and i was scanned and patted down

these are not the same machines

if they wanna see my fat %@$ naked at the air port  
let em 
roll.gif

these are not the same machines

if they wanna see my fat %@$ naked at the air port  
let em 
roll.gif
Or do you just want to show it?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

my mom and sister told me they opted for the pat down when they left for miami sunday night
30t6p3b.gif
theyre dumb ima body those TSA people for touching them.
Females pat down females.

I rather take the pat down. I am sure they don't like as much as we do.

Back
Top Bottom