Has anyone spent their whole semester studying?

like i mean not going out to no social events, far as clubs, b-ball games, lounges,etc

everyday, you just hit the books, didn't even take a peep at Niketalk, straight study mode.

nerd.gif
any tips?
frown.gif
  this isn't easy....for the most part I knock my homework out, but some day's you just want to lay back and chill.

my last semester i had class til like 6 every night, so i just stayed on campus until like 9:30 every night til i got the necessary hw (it's college, wasn't really much) and studying done.

you have to have some fun, otherwise you're going to go crazy. you can still concentrate on your work, and use social events as a reward for getting your work done.

I had one semester where all I did was work, except for two days of the week when I got to go to the gym. This semester is pretty much the same thing except when I'm watching football or working out

Originally Posted by yanks7384

you have to have some fun, otherwise you're going to go crazy. you can still concentrate on your work, and use social events as a reward for getting your work done.

what this person said. Breathe when you get a chance

I've been ODing with the studying, I'm having crazy migraines from staring at my laptop for 15+ hrs a day. I need to have fun every now and then to stay sane.

Wish I had that studying habit
frown.gif

That flew out the window in 9th grade
30t6p3b.gif

1 4-Page paper,
2 1-page papers,
300 pages of reading to do for midterm tomorrow

I'm currently studying to write my CFA Level 1 in December (recommended start is 6 months in advance I'm doing mine in 3 months), plus I have 5 classes (2 of them are throw away classes) that I'm doing so I can graduate in December as well. So I have been studying basically everyday for the last month and I'll be doing it for the next two months as well. I take SOME days off but probably like 5 days total in the last month and a half.

The thing that keeps me going is that I have a study schedule on excel and so if I skip a day I can see the ramifications of me missing a day, because the works keeps adding up. It sounds simple but every reccomendation I've ever read for studying tells you to create a study schedule. And it definitely works for me.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

This the dumbest question ever. Every day? @*%# no.

Not a dumb question at all..I'm in graduate school for Physical therapy and last summer we had 7 classes, that means there was basically a test EVERY week..You had no choice but to study everyday.

But you have to take breaks. What has worked for me is for every hour I study I take a 15 minute break (fb, niketalk, go for a lil walk) and just think about what I have read while chilling. You really have to make up your mind that studying is what you need to do, there is no other option. I am a home body so I don't need to go party every weekend (plus I hate going out and over drafting on buying drinks because I think I'm diddy when I'm drunk)..But its ok, work first and play later..I will be living the champagne life pretty soon..
pimp.gif

You'll get burned out if you take that approach. Definitely have something to fall back on when you take a break.

^Dude said no social outings, no NT, no bball, never going to a club, friend's party... are video games permissible? Shiiiiiiiiit.

Back
Top Bottom