Has anyone successfully uploaded an iWeb webpage to a Godaddy.com site??

• Head to GoDaddy.com
    image-2506065-10378406
    and log in.
  • Click on my domain names.
  • Click the link for your domain.
  • Click on Total DNS Control and MX Records
  • Click on the little pencil to the right of your "www" cname.
  • Change "@" to "web.mac.com"
  • Click OK.
When you have finished this anyone who types www.yourdomain.com they will get what you have hosted at you .Mac account.

if you want to make it so your users can skip the www part and just type yourdomain.com onto the address bar do these steps as well.
  • Navigate to "Total DNS Control and MX Records"
  • Make sure that you are on the forwarding tab of the Menu.
  • Select enable and type in your entire domain name that is being forwarded, in this case it would be http://www.yourdomainname.com.
  • Wait an hour (www.GoDaddy.com says it can take an hour or so for the servers to make all the changes)

OR

A website made with Apple's iWeb can be hosted anywhere you want. To host it on GoDaddy, I suggest:
  1. Get a copy of Fetch (or another FTP program).
  2. Under the file menu in iWeb, choose to "Publish to Folder" and publish to a new folder (one with nothing in it yet, probably on your desktop so it's easier to find later).
  3. Using your domain as the hostname, (e.g., example.com) and your hosting username as the username (note that it's not your GoDaddy customer number/name, it's your hosting account username) log into your web hosting directory with Fetch by choosing "Open New Connection" under Fetch's file menu (it should open at the root level of your hosting space, which is where you want to upload your iWeb site).
  4. Either delete or change the name of the "welcome.html" file GoDaddy has in your web hosting directory.
  5. On your computer, select all of the files and folders inside the folder you published your iWeb site into and drag and drop them into the fetch file window.
  6. After the files/folders finish uploading, use your web browser to check and make sure your site is online and working.
To update/add to your site, the easiest, and most consistent, way is to make your changes in iWeb, and then repeat the above steps (i.e., republish thewhole thing); this should avoid updating only some of the files that make up your site.

or
http://help.godaddy.com/topic/308/article/3425?isc=icannkey

my paypal email is edgarmv3@gmail.com

your welcome, and nice doin buziness

ive tried teh second part and third option and failed...if it works on the first part i will send you ur money asap
edit:its not hosted on a .mac account...ive done plenty of research online but cant seem to figure it out...if someone can help me with their own knowledge andnot copy and pasting articles i will send you the money

Back
Top Bottom