has kobe bryant won his last ring?

Originally Posted by 2heavencent0

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

that would be hilarious if he went the gary payton route and tried to join a young superstar at the end of his career to get another ring

I don't think he would risk his legacy by pulling a lebron
Kobe fans shouldn't throw stones, , Its your boy the Mamba asking to be traded, when he was getting booted out the first round of the playoffs by the suns...

roll.gif
thats true but lakers were trash and it looked as if they were gonna be trash for a long time

Like stated already, if he's the number one option on a team, yes. I could see him jumping ship to another team for the last few years of his career and get another shot at one.

Like stated already, if he's the number one option on a team, yes. I could see him jumping ship to another team for the last few years of his career and get another shot at one.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Yes. He's done winning rings.
The only thing he'll be doing the rest of his overrated career is climb the all time scoring list a little bit more.

This guy is hands down my favorite Lakers fan.
laugh.gif
Most honest for sure 
laugh.gif
Ya'll must not know how my man Darth works.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Yes. He's done winning rings.
The only thing he'll be doing the rest of his overrated career is climb the all time scoring list a little bit more.

This guy is hands down my favorite Lakers fan.
laugh.gif
Most honest for sure 
laugh.gif
Ya'll must not know how my man Darth works.
laugh.gif

kobe has to be robin if they are to win another chip. watch the lakers pull off a steal of a trade, lol

kobe has to be robin if they are to win another chip. watch the lakers pull off a steal of a trade, lol

Originally Posted by Essential1

Is it possible that he won't? Yes.. Is it a 100% guarantee that he doesn't? No..

For a man who is washed up and over with... He still averaged 25.3 ppg on a limited time basis.. That's 5th in the league.. Kobe is there to score.. He played 5 minutes less than KD averaged 2 less a game.. And was shooting how he normally does percentage wise..

His player efficiency went up to near 2007 & 2008 levels..

He is losing a step no doubt in terms of living around the rim (which is a giant step) & against the top handful of players in the league on defense.. But he is still able to put up similar numbers to his past 2 championship years, with less minutes..

Extra month to "rest" from game situations, and 20 or so less games will be good for him coming into next year.. Not to mention he has a better ability to train and condition for the upcoming season this year, that he did not have last year because he doesn't have knee surgery to keep him shelved doing virtually nothing for a month in the offseason, and at his level of mileage, you need every advantage you can get in off season training and conditioning, you can't just bounce back from an 82 game season, and knee surgery like you can when you are 5 years younger... 

We don't know what the off season has in store at all, we didn't see the Big 3 coming last year.. But I don't think you can really count him out especially someone who according to most NBA players has an unmatched work ethic, lost in embarrassing fashion in a huge year, and can see the end of the road coming up..

Regardless of what is going on the Lakers were still 2nd seed in the West, and the 4th best record in the league.. They have huge problems in terms of finding a steady Point Guard, gritty and more productive bench players, and defending the pick and roll... Lakers are Hollywood and that has been there mentality for decades.. And especially the team the past 3 years.. Except for this year they could take plays off, take games off, hell even take stretches of a few weeks off, and still come out on top.. They did it this year and were embarrassed...

If they come out like they did this year, they won't win... But I wouldn't say it is a foregone conclusion that they won't win.. We don't know how they react to the beatdown from the Mavs, because they haven't even played a game yet..

Finally someone with some sense.

Too bad 90% of this thread will just say tl;dr

Originally Posted by Essential1

Is it possible that he won't? Yes.. Is it a 100% guarantee that he doesn't? No..

For a man who is washed up and over with... He still averaged 25.3 ppg on a limited time basis.. That's 5th in the league.. Kobe is there to score.. He played 5 minutes less than KD averaged 2 less a game.. And was shooting how he normally does percentage wise..

His player efficiency went up to near 2007 & 2008 levels..

He is losing a step no doubt in terms of living around the rim (which is a giant step) & against the top handful of players in the league on defense.. But he is still able to put up similar numbers to his past 2 championship years, with less minutes..

Extra month to "rest" from game situations, and 20 or so less games will be good for him coming into next year.. Not to mention he has a better ability to train and condition for the upcoming season this year, that he did not have last year because he doesn't have knee surgery to keep him shelved doing virtually nothing for a month in the offseason, and at his level of mileage, you need every advantage you can get in off season training and conditioning, you can't just bounce back from an 82 game season, and knee surgery like you can when you are 5 years younger... 

We don't know what the off season has in store at all, we didn't see the Big 3 coming last year.. But I don't think you can really count him out especially someone who according to most NBA players has an unmatched work ethic, lost in embarrassing fashion in a huge year, and can see the end of the road coming up..

Regardless of what is going on the Lakers were still 2nd seed in the West, and the 4th best record in the league.. They have huge problems in terms of finding a steady Point Guard, gritty and more productive bench players, and defending the pick and roll... Lakers are Hollywood and that has been there mentality for decades.. And especially the team the past 3 years.. Except for this year they could take plays off, take games off, hell even take stretches of a few weeks off, and still come out on top.. They did it this year and were embarrassed...

If they come out like they did this year, they won't win... But I wouldn't say it is a foregone conclusion that they won't win.. We don't know how they react to the beatdown from the Mavs, because they haven't even played a game yet..

Finally someone with some sense.

Too bad 90% of this thread will just say tl;dr

No way in life Kobe ever leaves LA. Some people in this thread have no clue what they're talking about and spewing a bunch of bias predictions.
Back on topic. If the team stays the same, as much as it hurts me to say it, no I don't think they'll win another ring. However, if they make the right moves this off season, it may be possible. I want Howard and Westbrook.

No way in life Kobe ever leaves LA. Some people in this thread have no clue what they're talking about and spewing a bunch of bias predictions.
Back on topic. If the team stays the same, as much as it hurts me to say it, no I don't think they'll win another ring. However, if they make the right moves this off season, it may be possible. I want Howard and Westbrook.

A full off-season to get right, barring any major injuries, the Kobe-Pau-Bynum-Odom-Artest core can still make another run with a tweak here or there. If they do land Dwight, it would add a year to that.

A full off-season to get right, barring any major injuries, the Kobe-Pau-Bynum-Odom-Artest core can still make another run with a tweak here or there. If they do land Dwight, it would add a year to that.

i think kobe might pull out a 05-06 season, when he bounced back from a mediocre season in 04-05 and killed everyone else on court

i think kobe might pull out a 05-06 season, when he bounced back from a mediocre season in 04-05 and killed everyone else on court

Kobe fans shouldn't throw stones, , Its your boy the Mamba asking to be traded, when he was getting booted out the first round of the playoffs by the suns...

roll.gif
thats true but lakers were trash and it looked as if they were gonna be trash for a long time

whats funny is that an hour later that day he was on another radio show saying he didnt really want to be traded and wants to be a laker for life, but wants to win. it was pretty much a frustration rant.
though they did proceed with trade explorations after all happened. 

asking to get traded, wanting to be on another team, and actually doing it are separate. 

in kobes case, he'll be remembered as a laker forever. we don't bring up the fact of jordan on the wizards, or ewing on orlando, hakeem in toronto, montana in kansas city, etc. even brett favre, he'll always be a packer, years from now the jets/vikings will not be mentioned much at all. 

so will it be ring chasing? perhaps. but kobe has always been a ring chaser, his time as being the #1 option is running out though. and at some point, with the way management is running the team now, it actually wouldnt surprise me if they went a different direction than kobe being #1 and phase him out, or just let him go so he can get a final ring somewhere. not quite gary payton status, but as a 2nd/3rd option. thats not what i would like, but i could see it happening.

would it be the same as lebron leaving? i dont think so, given the age difference. the big knock is that lebron could have given the city another 3 years to try to win, like most other superstars. if he had left then, like kg, then people would understand more. then again, kg said he wished he left earlier. so if kobe was forced out or wanted to join another opportunity much like kg did at a similar age, whats so bad about that? probably cuz kobe is viewed and measured in a class above kg. 

roll.gif

whats funny is that an hour later that day he was on another radio show saying he didnt really want to be traded and wants to be a laker for life, but wants to win. it was pretty much a frustration rant.
though they did proceed with trade explorations after all happened. 

asking to get traded, wanting to be on another team, and actually doing it are separate. 

in kobes case, he'll be remembered as a laker forever. we don't bring up the fact of jordan on the wizards, or ewing on orlando, hakeem in toronto, montana in kansas city, etc. even brett favre, he'll always be a packer, years from now the jets/vikings will not be mentioned much at all. 

so will it be ring chasing? perhaps. but kobe has always been a ring chaser, his time as being the #1 option is running out though. and at some point, with the way management is running the team now, it actually wouldnt surprise me if they went a different direction than kobe being #1 and phase him out, or just let him go so he can get a final ring somewhere. not quite gary payton status, but as a 2nd/3rd option. thats not what i would like, but i could see it happening.

would it be the same as lebron leaving? i dont think so, given the age difference. the big knock is that lebron could have given the city another 3 years to try to win, like most other superstars. if he had left then, like kg, then people would understand more. then again, kg said he wished he left earlier. so if kobe was forced out or wanted to join another opportunity much like kg did at a similar age, whats so bad about that? probably cuz kobe is viewed and measured in a class above kg. 

Back
Top Bottom