Has This Been the Worst Movie Month in Recent Memory?

As someone who's relatively low key and who's Saturday nights typically consist of dinner and a movie with my girl, I've really been bummed by thefestering turds that have taken the screen lately. I actually decided to take a look at all the releases from this month, and damn have they been terrible. Seriously, I know January tends to be a slower month for films, but I really can't remember (and maybe I'm getting senile at the ripe age of 23) amonth THIS bad for movies. I guess the film studios are really starting to worry about how much longer the writer's strike is going to last, and arereleasing fewer films per weekend as well as some that were previously shelved?

Some gems from this month:

One Missed Call
First Sunday
The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A Veggietales Movie
27 Dresses
Cloverfield
Mad Money
Meet The Spartans (the #1 movie in America!!!
sick.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
)
How She Move
Rambo
Untraceable

Ugh.

Okay, vent over.
mad.gif

Juno was a very good movie even though I felt it kind fell off a little at the end. It didn't go where I expected it to go, if that makes sense. You rightabout this month tho, horrid movies.

pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3 weren't on that last, making it null and void. I know they weren't from this month but they should be on every badmovie list for the rest of time.

there will be blood got wide release this month. That pretty much cancels meet the Spartans out.

The_Mist_poster.jpg

the movie was "eh"
the first monster was AWFUL!!!!!!
i loved the ending tho, if you looked up "OWNED" in the dictionary, u should see a picture of the main characters face.

Cloverfield and Rambo are the ones only worth seeing.

Meet the Spartans is still drawing me to watch it although its wack.....
laugh.gif
grin.gif

I really stopped going to the movies. The whole thing just annoys me. Maybe becuase I worked at a theatre and seen the UGLY side.

YO! I most certainly agree. But I was planning on going to see There Will Be Blood or Juno tonight - whichever is showing first when I get there. Those areabout the only two I had faith in anyway. So no surprise to hear they're about all that's worth going to see. DF!!!

wth is meet the Spartans. but ya my boy wanted to go to the movies and i said no cause nothing is worth my $10

Well this is January afterall, the supposed "dumping ground" for bad movies. At least we got Cloverfield and Rambo this year (though many will arguethis since they say Cloverfield sucks so much just because "it ended bad" or "this movie is stupid, we don't even know what the monster is),in most years all we get in January are another Uwe Bolle travesty, another Japanese horror remake, another spoof film, or the epic dance movie extravaganza.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3 weren't on that last, making it null and void. I know they weren't from this month but they should be on every bad movie list for the rest of time.

pirates of the carribean were hella tight.

did you even watch them?

January is usually an off month for all industries (gaming, music, and movie)

its a month when they feel as though people are starting to pay off their debts from holiday spending so they dump off all their **!$ projects in January.

cloverfield was ok and im gonna catch rambo tonight. I heard its a pretty hardcore 80's action flick with the most people killed in a movie ever. Should beentertaining.

Originally Posted by Fresh2Death2004

Sweeny Todd was a pretty good movie. Better than I thought it would be. Or was that December...?

Damn it, Fres2Death! I need a Hi-res version of your avatar! complete with bio.

Back
Top Bottom