Havent seen this vid posted...BUT its REAL TALK

Yeah we spoke about this a while ago.

The changing of the guard ain't happening in Hip-Hop because young MCs aren't doing what they're supposed to do.

Nobody put Jay on.

Drake got his self put on.

Thank you, older heads need to go ahead and hang it up while not diminishing their legacy with half assed efforts.

oh ok.had a feeling it had been posted before..but wasnt sure and wanted to post it anyway.....

Ya, cosign that @!@# to the fullest.

The next Biggie or Jay aren't gonna be discovered or taken under any older rapper's wing. They're gonna have to make their own way...
Nobody put Jay on.
I thought Big Daddy Kane did. Or atleast gave him the opportunities to prove himself.

naw jay just didnt bust his way into the spotlights

and drake was already a known actor..ppl were waiting on him to flop like most actors turned musicians.

the only new person that got in on his on is SB
and changing of the guard aint happening cuz we got dudes like hov..i dunno if i have a label and im way beyond established..at the very least my act will befeatured..i cant tell dudes how he should run his business but why not put j cole on the d.o.a joint..and didnt he sign mickey factz a real hipster.
laugh.gif

only person doing that righ tnow is kanye..he pushin GLC hard even tho the public slow to get wit him

its like that one uncle everybody got in they family..who tries to dress like he hip or somethin..old $++ rockin du rags and nike boots..you 55 years old+*%!$!

i was just over there the other day, when i said that i cut my face on a piece of pizza, i got it from teh lil ceasars across the street
laugh.gif

Jay went the independent route...nobody put him on. By the time his debut dropped BDK wasn't even relevant. And even after a classic debut, he stillwasn't know to the mainstream. It took grind and talent.

Most people that listen to Drake found out about his acting as a result of his music, not vice versa. He didn't advertise his music career on Degrassi. Andactor or not...if he was wack, no one would be checking for him.

Look at Maino on the verge of blowing up due to pure grind, Frenchy, Blu, etc etc.

Jay's co-sign helped Wayne and T.I. a lil IMO.

Cats just gotta get up and do for self. If Jay and Nas wasn't repping NY on the national scene...no one would be right now. Both of them put plenty peopleon...its about what they did with their shot.

Next thing yall gonna say is nobody put Pac or Nas on
smh.gif
I swear *+#@%# on heregotta make these statements they no nothing about and state it to make themselves feel credible when they're clearly invalid and outright fictitious.

Anyway, this is real talk I remember complaining/discussing about this as early as '01. I was gettin little tired of the same dudesrotating with their newalbums yearly, and I knew a couple underground Mcs belonged in the mainstreamd and some others deserved a shot at mainstream. Thing is these new school dudesare not making an attempt to get out there like that or just aren't good enough. Then these old heads refuse to leave, all of a sudden it's whycan't I rap past the age of 40 instead of gracefully bowing out. I think for a lot of them this is still their main source of income, they aint save nomoney, or they think they haven't made enough.

Hopefully like in '93 and '94 when that new breed of Mc came in the game and started changing the it somehting similar happens some time soon tobasically outcast. It seems to me a lot fo these new school Mcs and rappers don't love it enough, just are not trying to get better and looking for agimmick to get on and sell, are just plain lame, or are content to play 2nd fiddle to some old head they hope puts them on.

I miss the days when Mobb Deep, Onyx, Busta returning with Flipmode, Biggie and Bad Boy, Snoop, Pac, Nas, Naughty By Nature, etc. busted out on the scene anddid what they had to. I dunno maybe hip hop is just too much a business nowadays that the focus of making good/great music and making a name for yourselfthrough that is too hard for most.

Jay owes his career to Jaz-O mentoring him, then BDK putting him on "Show and Prove" which is what made people first start checking for him. Then BigL threw him on his debut album and helped get his name further out. This was all before RD; going back to the late 80's. Not saying there's anythingwrong with it, but saying no one put Jay on is just wrong. This trend of wack dudes getting shine just because of having friends in high places is horribletoo.

How is that getting put on?

Y'all some clowns.

Jay couldn't even get a record deal that's why he had to go the independent route because every label slammed the door in his face?...How the hell didBDK put on Jay-Z? Y'all sound ******ed his fame came from his own grind.

In the hood you are automatically going to look out for the next generation with talent, you might put them on a track with you...but if you ain't helpingusher them through the labels or helping cut through all of that industry redtape....you ain't putting someone on.

I honestly don't feel that there is a need for these big industry dudes to 'put on' people anymore.

And with the internet, artists should be focused on THEIR machine, and they can make it.

Record labels ain't got much life in the tank. At least traditional record labels.

B smooth i dont even think its even a MC'ing aspect..like they was saying..diddy..find the next diddy...instead of having a show to try to find a assistantand make money off of it..then let sumbody win that u kno u gon fire in a X amount of time anyway

Well Diddy is just a shady dude.

He's an businessman first and not really an artist, so he will forever sheist cats until the day he dies.

But didn't Jay put as much behind Segal, Bleek an em as much as one man can humanly push? In the end their work ethic or talent just didn't stand up tothe rigors of stardom....What more do dudes want?

Put out good music, do it consistently, gather a fanbase....you'll get signed or you'll get your own independent movement poppin. Simple as that. Thatswhen you might get the co-sign to usher you to the next level but cats need to stop lookin for handouts all the time.

This aint tag your it. Im tired of these dudes always complaining about nobody at the top putting people them on.

Jay cosigned hella arist he damn near responsible for whos runnin the game now, Dre & 50 cosigns hella artist just nobody is feelin them

Its always the hungry dudes who only cater to a certain niche in hip hop. Dudes like Ness, Serious Jones, Skillz, etc are real talented but they are not moneymakers so these execs are not trying to invest in them.

C'mon is this really gonna be another Ol Man Jigga thread?! Jeez, I mean damn c'mon.

As far as handouts, yall right they need to stop. It's time for these new dudes to start taking their places in the limelight and stop waiting. If them oldheads won't move aside kick em out. Kool Moe Dee don't rap no more for a reason.

Why do MCs need to stop rapping if people are still feeling their music though?

I never understood that. A black man in the hood ain't supposed to live past a certain age and now if they do, y'all want them crawl into a corner anddisappear because they not "cool" no more.

Corniest s_ I ever heard.

Every other genre of music cats keep going until they get tired or stop breathing. Beres Hammond been signing Reggae for like 50 years, Al Green and Sade stillsinging after decades in the game, U2 and Rolling Stones been touring since the 60's.....

Only Hip-Hop with this BS.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Putting on is overrated. We're the only genre that cares about this.
thats because dudes dont wanna step out the lime light...its not really about putting on..its about giving ppl room to move...

Word, Kool G, KRS, Rakim are all 40+ and still putting out
pimp.gif
better than 95% of whats out now.

If you running a race with an old head...you supposed to run past them, not ask them to move to the side.

Ralph Lauren been making clothes forever, he got his lane solidified but there are a million different lanes, you just gotta come correct and work hard.

dudes make they own lane..then the old heads have a problem with it...that dont seem right to me..and when the old heads have a prob with it..then everybodystarts having a problem with it.which can either help or harm that artist...instead take them under your wing..show em a few things.if u not helping then @#*%

It ain't just the old heads that have a problem tho. Like you said everyone has been having a problem with the lack of creativity and gimmicks. Too manyyoung cats been caught up in making weak product thats why the game been stagnant, all these older artists are doing is expressing the same sentiment aseveryone else.

It took Nas who was in the game for a decade and a half to shake things up with the HHID concept, Jay drops a concept album like AG and Fab runs with the sameidea, except he comes on some corny run of the mill angle and he's supposed to be the breath of fresh air.

LL been in the game forever but ain't no one checking for him....who exactly is he holding back?

Dudes are getting mad at artists for remaining relevant and upholding the artform. Sounds like salt to me. Especially coming from an artist like Cam, that beenin the game as long as Nas and Jay...just using age as a joke in a battle and everyone running with it.

Back
Top Bottom