Having a hard time at summer program

lpage3

Banned
Hey NT...I'm a high school student and I'm at RISD's very intensive (Rhode Island School of Design) Pre-College Summer Program to study graphicdesign for 6 weeks. Although it's just starting, I'm having a little bit of a hard time enjoying myself. I know that it will be a worthwhile experiencein terms of the art/academics, but socially it's a little different than what I'm used to. I have a small group of friends (but not that close), butI'm generally not as comfortable with the people here as with my friends at home. I'm a huge basketball fan and so I'm not the typical kid whowould attend this program, so I'm having a hard time relating with the people here. So basically I'm asking NT what I can do make this experience moreenjoyable. This isn't a post to receieve any pity, I just needed an outlet to express how I was feeling. Please tell me what you think.

Honestly, just get ur work done

so u can get ur money right and the Oh's will come runninn...
pimp.gif

I agree, but it will be hard to get through 6 weeks without some sort of a good time doing it, no?

relax my friend.

people go without so much more, for so much longer, if not their whole life.
be grateful you're where you are, privileged to learn what you're learning.

you've got all of your life ahead of you
smile.gif
six weeks is nothing!

By time the second or third week comes around you should be comfortable with the other students in the program and by then hopefully you will start to havefun. I don't know how far this summer camp is from your hometown but you could ask some of your friends from back home to visit you. If worst comes toworst he program is only six weeks long so it will be over in no time.

Back
Top Bottom