Having a hard time finding non skinny jeans. Do they still exist?

jeans that are nice in my opinion, buffalo, polo ralph lauren supply and denim, cargo's. Ive saw a nice pair  of cargos at H &M. I personally hate fitted jeans but these brands cater to individuals that like roomy jeans.  Im actually looking for a vintage  pair of jeans, it is a plain jean but as you get to the knee region it has a stiching of a box on the knee with an X outlined over it, not sure what brand it is i think it was guess, this particular model was produced from 97-98 any ideas fellas. there was alos a pair of carpenter jeans that had some type of kaki material on the cuffs of a jean, that might have been polo. ive searched ebay and craigslist, no go.

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Originally Posted by WaitWut

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

I'm in Toronto and we don't have all those washes to choose from.  I drove out to Buffalo today to check out Macy's as well as the Levis outlet, and I only found one pair of dark indigo 559s, but it had whiskering under pockets which I wasn't feeling.
They dont ship to canada? im from the US so i wouldnt know
tongue.gif

edit- i think JC Penny ships to canada try it
http://www.jcpenney.com/j...at=true&hdnOnGo=true
I didn't know JC Penny carries Levis.  Next time I go to the states I'm gonna check them out.  Do they sell all those washes in store?  To ship a pair of $40 jeans out to Canada I would probably end up paying double that including duties and taxes plus I feel the need to try on any jeans before I cop them. 
yeah usually big department stores like macy jcpenny dillards etc sell levis

I understand what OP is talking about. When I go to Macy's it seems as though all the Levi Jeans that have nice washes and actually look good are only available in skinny or slim fit. Meanwhile the more relaxed fitting jeans be having horrible washes. You should maybe try looking into a different brand like RRL
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. they have really nice Jeans and they are not skinny fit.

Levi's 514's are good. That's the perfect pair for people that used to rock baggy %** jeans that are trying to tone it down.

^Yes, the last two pairs that I copped a few years back were 514 slim straights with the nice pockets on the back and they are perfect for me. Right now, those are my main jeans in my rotation. Yesterday, I could no longer find them at Macy's or the Levis outlet (mind you Buffalo doesn't have as great a selection as other cities). I haven't seen the 514s in Canada either. Since then, I've been looking for a pair Levis to fit me the exact same way. Even though there were considered "slim" they weren't skinny at all. Now everything with slim label is exactly that.

Edit: Actually, I may have even tried on the 514s (not 100% sure though) but found them too tight and not fitting like the 514s of of the past.  Has Levis ever altered the fit of the certain design number?

Ever tried 527s? Those aren't that bad. Its the perfect Levis cut for me right now

And don't sleep on Rocawear! I got a pair on sale at Macys like 2 yrs ago when skinny jeans was real popular. Baggy fit too. Many times a woman would be like "nice jeans" and admire them. I would tell them it's Rocawear but I be like "nah"

One thing I noticed is that I see more women with dudes that wear loose or baggy jeans, and most of the guys that I see wear skinny jeans and be around girls are gay #justsayin

Maybe MJ is on to something......

nah

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

No kiddin on the Levi's Macy's stuff.. goodness. even the relaxed fit was crazy thin leg.
I think 501's are skinny so I would say your best bet would be Old Navy Straight jeans IMO...

I don't know how odd is your body that you claim to be slim but 501 and 514's are too tight...I'm lost..

levis adjusts the fit to their jeans over the years. so 501s a few years ago will fit a little different than ones today.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I don't know how odd is your body that you claim to be slim but 501 and 514's are too tight...I'm lost..

I admit to being a bit odd shaped.. I wear 34 waist.. but have real big legs. 501/514 are waay too tight. Feel like I should be in a damn cowboy movie.

Time to pull out the MChammer fit for you fellas
laugh.gif

Btw just picked up a pair of Gap skiinnys, the wash is dope, ya should try that and size up 2 sizes...that's for the slim dudes, not the big thigh dudes...I feel for ya man..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

No kiddin on the Levi's Macy's stuff.. goodness. even the relaxed fit was crazy thin leg.

Thought it was just me. I stick to 559.

Originally Posted by ispeakjewleo

I feel you, I recently bought some 521's and they're perfect. Not to tight or too baggy, you might want to check those out. 
If he thinks 501's and 505's are too slim then why would he like 521's that fit smaller?  I can barely even find any 521's myself.  Macy's used to carry a lot now I can't find any.  Sears had a few pairs but nothing good.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by ispeakjewleo

I feel you, I recently bought some 521's and they're perfect. Not to tight or too baggy, you might want to check those out. 
If he thinks 501's and 505's are too slim then why would he like 521's that fit smaller?  I can barely even find any 521's myself.  Macy's used to carry a lot now I can't find any.  Sears had a few pairs but nothing good.
I think levis is reintroducing them as 508's, which is the european number for them? Don't know why they didn't just go with that from the jump.
eyes.gif

Eh, I can't find jeans that fit right anymore. The only jeans that I love the fit from is levis520's, but the 13 inch leg opening I'm starting to dislike.

sigh, wish there was brand with a slouch fit on the waist/crotch area with a bigger leg opening and taper.

nerd.gif

Man skinny's?........come on man the only thing close that I'd wear is Levis (514) slim straight.....but never skinny....don't do it man.

Back
Top Bottom