Having Long Nails Helps on Defense?

Dan Shaughnessy, BostonGlobe: "While you were reading the Sunday papers in bed (do people still do that?) RayAllen already was shooting jumpers in the empty Garden. ABC's cameras captured him on the parquet floor at 9:45 a.m., more than three hours beforetipoff. Trust me when I tell you the Garden is meat locker cold when it's empty in January. Even the Celtic Dancers had to bundle up for yesterday'smatinee. 'It's always cold in here,' Allen said, smiling. 'Today I was thinking about wearing two sleeves.' Ah, yes, the sleeve. Allenstarted wearing it when he was in a horrific slump during the Detroit series last spring. He wears the sleeve on just his left arm - sort of like MichaelJackson without the creepiness. 'Rip Hamilton grew his fingernails long and he was scratching me,' explained Allen.'I needed the sleeve to shield me from those nails. And I've stayed with it.' No sense changing now. It's part of the routine."

smh.gif

Dudes who got long ++# nails and play that reach-and-slap defense are very unappreciated. Trim them gah damn claws man!

Piston needs clippers: Celtics guard Ray Allen joined Michael Jordan and several other NBA stars, including Rip Hamilton, in Las Vegas before training camp to take part in promotional work for Jordan's Jumpman brand. Allen said he talked to Hamilton about his fingernails, which prompted Allen to wear an arm sleeve against the Pistons in the playoffs last season. "He was saying how when he saw me come out the next game with an arm sleeve on, they started laughing about it," said Allen. "And then I said, 'Look, man, I'm wearing an arm sleeve because . . .' And then I picked his hand up and looked at his nails. And his nails were way out. He said, 'Man, I didn't know I cut people up like that. People tell me all the time that I need to cut my nails, but I don't know what I'm doing.' I told him, 'Come on, dog, you know why you're using them.'

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/11/02/shaq_isnt_fading_away/?page=fullhttp://www.boston.com/spo...nt_fading_away/?page=full

its one of them things yes they help cuz they hurt like hell if you gettin these lil cuts everytime you shot

This reminds me of dudes at the court wearing watches when they play. Why the hell do you need to wear your Timex watch during a game?

not a problem here

e163005a3d_ltpDavishandsB051408.jpg
537baa51c0_ltpDavishandsC051408.jpg
9259caa0d4_ltpDavishandsD051408.jpg
73ef900046_ltpDavishandsA051408.jpg

Boston Celtics rookie Glen 'Big Baby' Davis shows off his nails.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

not a problem here

e163005a3d_ltpDavishandsB051408.jpg
537baa51c0_ltpDavishandsC051408.jpg
9259caa0d4_ltpDavishandsD051408.jpg
73ef900046_ltpDavishandsA051408.jpg

Boston Celtics rookie Glen 'Big Baby' Davis shows off his nails.
I would buy those. I hate chipping nails. BUT Big Baby has a past of suspicious actions.
roll.gif

Nothing pisses me off more than people who play with long fingernails. Seems like every time I come home from the court, I have new scratches and cuts. I thinkof one them got infected too. !%#!'s gross. Practice good hygiene and cut those damn nails.

Back
Top Bottom