HBO: † "The Leftovers" Series Discussion...†

Were you satisfied with the ending?

• Yes, completely. It was perfect.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • 50/50, I wanted a little more closure to some loose ends.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, way too much focus on Nora.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO! I wanted the mystery of the 2% disappeared to be explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Probably the most real episode. The world didn't end and the departure was long ago it seems people have moved on back to normalcy.

EDIT
I'm pretty confused. so if where Nora came from(here) and 2% departed was she implying that 98% over there departed? She talked about how they had the planes but not enough pilots, and how she walked and walked but it was a min before she saw anyone.

Also if that's true then where did the 98% that were "there" go, assuming this was covered in the finale
I interpreted it as it was divided into two sides. Both sides thought "where did everyone go". From whatever side you were on, there seemed to be departures, except one side only lost 2%, while the side Nora's family on lost 98% or whatever amount it actually was. I don't think Nora's family viewed themselves as departures, but saw Nora and everyone else as the ones who were departed. Also why Nora said we lost a few of them, but they lost all of us. 

Its almost like the population was simultaneously split apart into two groups, and were left in the same world where they had to continue on, except the two sides lost the other side. 

But overall, I really enjoyed this episode and left me satisfied as the finale 

Last edited:
I interpreted it as it was divided into two sides. Both sides thought "where did everyone go". From whatever side you were on, there seemed to be departures, except one side only lost 2%, while the side Nora's family on lost 98% or whatever amount it actually was. I don't think Nora's family viewed themselves as departures, but saw Nora and everyone else as the ones who were departed. Also why Nora said we lost a few of them, but they lost all of us. 

Its almost like the population was simultaneously split apart into two groups, and were left in the same world where they had to continue on, except the two sides lost the other side. 

But overall, I really enjoyed this episode and left me satisfied as the finale 
Repped! Thanks for explaining that!

Last edited:
Y'all think Nora was telling the truth? Or just spinning a web of lies to Kevin god?
nerd.gif

Man WTF is TF is TF is TF is going on right now?!>:
When I made this post I was at the part where Nora walks away from Kevin at the wedding and calls him a liar.

I was like, man now we have another Kevin who doesn't know the Kevin who was with Nora....

Now that it's over, I'm 100% satisfied with the Finale.
Pretty good setup and execution, and the music was top notch.

Dope dope dope Series. Real dope.

*I couldn't not say anything about naked Nora and that bushlife. #teambushy

Just finished it, thought it was great so much to process, about to read that article.

Acting and music on this show are always top notch.

Gonna reread the book after I finish up fight club

EDIT
I'm pretty confused. so if where Nora came from(here) and 2% departed was she implying that 98% over there departed? She talked about how they had the planes but not enough pilots, and how she walked and walked but it was a min before she saw anyone.

Also if that's true then where did the 98% that were "there" go, assuming this was covered in the finale
I took it as the moment of departures what happened was a duplicate Earth was made and so what you say basically happened. On one Earth 2% ppl left but for the other 98% disappeared and that Earth was left in shambles still trying to recover.

Alternatively thinking, getting rid of 98% of Earth's human population is a great way to prevent the drastic climate change and global warming that'll effect the planet severely in 100 years.

Y'all think Nora was telling the truth? Or just spinning a web of lies to Kevin god?
Could be a lie she's telling herself.

Perhaps that radiation they hit her with took her to a hallucination similar to the one Kevin would go to when he'd have a death experience and for Nora it just tried to make sense of her loss so she could move on.

I need a spin-off The Sent Over chronicling what it be like for 98% of the world's population disappearing, now that is intriguing.

Loved the finale.

It's very possible that Nora never went thru with it and convinced herself enough to the point of sticking to that lie. At the end of the day, Kevin believed her and quite frankly, I don't think he cares if she is lying or not because he's back with her in 'real time'.

Really was a brilliant finish after sleeping on it; I definitely think there was closure for everyone. It goes to show that if in fact the 98% departed, the 2% leftover were not the troubled ones. They were the innocent beings and the likes of Kevin, Nora, etc all had **** to deal with elsewhere - which is what he saw unfold for three seasons.

Cult classic :smokin

:smh: this show gave no answers
Am I the only person
who feels that this show wasted 3 years of their lives
Not 1 single thing has ever been answered

All of this dudes posts in every thread are like this, take a chill pill.

They always said this was never about answers, it was about how the people reacted to this tragedy. It was pretty damn unorthodox to match the unorthodox nature of the incident, I could buy people getting that nuts, having less answers than the viewer. If you tuned in ignoring the characters and stories but expecting to solve a big mystery you set your own self up.

Props to Damon and Tom deserve major props.

Great ending to a great show. I never expected answers and I'm glad they got down to the root of the relationships and experiences the people have all had in the show.

It doesn't matter what you believe happened to Nora. All that matters is shes really back and with Kevin.

Man Nora could probably do a century as much as she bikes all the time lol.

They also went back to the season 2 intro song Let The Mystery Be. Love the choice of going back to this. I love how they setup a direct connection to the audience via routes like the intro song and others.

Gonna watch it again tonight. Need some more time to digest this crazy show.

All of this dudes posts in every thread are like this, take a chill pill.

They always said this was never about answers, it was about how the people reacted to this tragedy. It was pretty damn unorthodox to match the unorthodox nature of the incident, I could buy people getting that nuts, having less answers than the viewer. If you tuned in ignoring the characters and stories but expecting to solve a big mystery you set your own self up.
Like I posted earlier, The Leftovers is LOST corrected. 

they really did tom and jill greasy this final season 
laugh.gif

wonder who tom married? 
nerd.gif

who jill married? 
nerd.gif

did he say john and laurie still live next door? 
nerd.gif

why was the nun ****** ? 
laugh.gif

maybe kevin was a schizophrenic? 

maybe somehow he created the departure when his mind split into president/assassin? 
nerd.gif

also wanted to see kevin sr 
mean.gif

not the finale i woulda gone for

the was absolutely no point to that sub **** either

i was waiting to see what he was shooting at 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Say Nora's story was true...that means Lori's fetus, when it departed, just plopped out of Lori and onto the examination table. Then, the sad sack in that office that departed would be looking in every room looking for anyone, wondering why everyone disappeared, only to find Lori's fetus...right there...dead. Damn, that's dark.

Say Nora's story was true...that means Lori's fetus, when it departed, just plopped out of Lori and onto the examination table. Then, the sad sack in that office that departed would be looking in every room looking for anyone, wondering why everyone disappeared, only to find Lori's fetus...right there...dead. Damn, that's dark.
I think it's best not to ponder these things and just appreciate the relationships and emotional stories they created

Wasn't a fan of the finale, to be honest. They really spent a whole hour on old lady Nora when that could've lasted half an hour and the writers could still get their point across. I wanted to see what the machine actually did, Nora finally seeing her children again after mourning for them for so long and playing the victim. Old lady Nora was dragged out way too long, in my opinion.

I really thought they'd at least flash back and forth between scenes of what happened to her while she was telling Kevin the story. They started to with them recapping her getting into the machine but right when she panics or whatever it was just her talking. I thought for sure when she got to the part of her getting to Mapleton they would show her walking through the street, past some recognizable buildings and then getting back to her old house and doing all the hiding and waiting. I also wanted shots of what the world looked like there, like her on a boat, or what kind of trouble she had to go through to track down the inventor, she made everything seem so difficult on the other world.
I wonder what happened to all the other people that "went through" too, would've been nice to see what a person that actually found their loved ones and acted on it, how those results went.

I also wish we got a character centric episode on the person that invented the machine. They could have easily done it like how they introduced the Murphys in the season 2 premiere, not telling us squat and somehow connect it at the end. Just with his experience going through and how he coped and did he have communication with those 2 professors or scientists after. how was that even setup? Because after you went through there was literally no one to even greet you.

biggest complaint is that this season wasn't a 10 episode season

:lol:

guess this is what the great shows do, make you think and yes I know A LOT of this is supposed to be left to the imagination. Perrotta needs to write a sequel book

finale was still great though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom