HBO Michael Jackson doc 'Leaving Neverland'

My aunt and grandmother actually knew the Jacksons. She always stated that mike was off but like a sincere off. He was always very generous and didn't want to disappoint anyone. They said they couldn't imagine him doing that. He was moreso crippled mentally, he thought he was a kid himself to an extent.

So I'm not buying it.

He was moreso crippled mentally, he thought he was a kid himself to an extent.

I agree with this based on what little I know about this man whom I've never met.

Here's my question - how would a mentally crippled man-child such as Michael view the sex acts that are being alleged?

From what I understand these accusers say Mike framed their interactions as acts of "love" and "friendship". Would he be capable of actually perceiving these (alleged and unproven) sex acts as inherently perveted and immoral?

Just a thought

Oprah has beef with Mike from back in the day. Supposedly Mike had agreed to give Oprah the first interview with him and Lisa Marie after their marriage. Mind you this was his first interview after the the first round of allegations after ‘93 so it was HUGE. He pulled out last second and then agreed to do it again but with Diane Sawyer. Optah never got over it. She ain’t ****.

My aunt and grandmother actually knew the Jacksons. She always stated that mike was off but like a sincere off. He was always very generous and didn't want to disappoint anyone. They said they couldn't imagine him doing that. He was moreso crippled mentally, he thought he was a kid himself to an extent.

So I'm not buying it.

I think this is the general consensus about Michael. That he had mental issues to the point of he was living this life of childhood in his adulthood.

I agree with this based on what little I know about this man whom I've never met.

Here's my question - how would a mentally crippled man-child such as Michael view the sex acts that are being alleged?

From what I understand these accusers say Mike framed their interactions as acts of "love" and "friendship". Would he be capable of actually perceiving these (alleged and unproven) sex acts as inherently perveted and immoral?

Just a thought

Fair thought. But although I hear the “mentally crippled” argument. I don’t really describe him that way. Several times in interviews he comes off too eloquent and educated. He often says “it is important to be child-like....not childish”. He’s very clear in that distinction.

Also he is extremely adamant about comparing child molesters as deranged people. Often likens them to Jack the Ripper and things like this.

I just can’t see him not knowing the difference between love and abuse. My opinion is that he spent so much of his time trying to actually help kids and facilitate them enjoying their childhoods for the one he never had. People got greedy and saw opportunity to cash in. Mike was too stubborn to just cut out kid interaction. Like he didn’t understand, or care, that people won’t stop coming after him.

They must have bombshell evidence to come out with this, ,otherwise HBO will come out looking stupid.

He fully cooperated with the LAPD/FBI. Child protective services did their due diligence and found nothing. Additionally, the FBI documented his every move for over 10 years and found nothing. During those years, law enforcement followed up with the 2 clowns in this "movie" several times (among anybody else who knew him), and they repeatedly denied that he ever did anything to them. This "bombshell evidence" is scripted from a book written by a dude that MJ successfully sued for defamation when he was alive. HBO knows ratings gold when they see it. They'll deal with actual facts some other time.

He fully cooperated with the LAPD/FBI. Child protective services did their due diligence and found nothing. Additionally, the FBI documented his every move for over 10 years and found nothing. During those years, law enforcement followed up with the 2 clowns in this "movie" several times (among anybody else who knew him), and they repeatedly denied that he ever did anything to them. This "bombshell evidence" is scripted from a book written by a dude that MJ successfully sued for defamation when he was alive. HBO knows ratings gold when they see it. They'll deal with actual facts some other time.

This isn't really a journalistic documentary in the traditional sense. It's several hours of one-sided testimony meant to bring the full measure of these specific allegations to light whether we believe them or not

I'm actually interested in this not specifically because of the allegations

I want to know in what regard these two individuals hold Michael - is he a monster to them? Do they "love" him in some sick twisted sense? Of course this is assuming the allegations are true

I've watched interviews with MJ and I just see someone consumed with pain and sadness. I also see a childlike purity that makes me doubt he would ever be capable of molesting children. This is a man I'll never meet so I like the science of understanding how people who knew him perceived him and how they remember him. From there I'll draw my own conclusions and keep them to myself.

I want to know in what regard these two individuals hold Michael -

1700W-Front.jpg

I mean emotionally lol I want to see what kind of body language/emotion they put off when they talk about the dude. Something as traumatic as they describe would illicit all kinds of nonverbal communication - if it actually happened

I mean emotionally lol I want to see what kind of body language/emotion they put off when they talk about the dude. Something as traumatic as they describe would illicit all kinds of nonverbal communication - if it actually happened

The best indicator for that will be how they perform...I mean.."act" in front of Okra and her audience.

To those who say these ppl have no credibility for their claims against MJ, what makes R. Kelly's situation different? Kell's victim accepted payment to not testify against him in court. Someone explain how the 2 cases are different?

To those who say these ppl have no credibility for their claims against MJ, what makes R. Kelly's situation different? Kell's victim accepted payment to not testify against him in court. Someone explain how the 2 cases are different?

2 completely different cases. The father of Mike's accuser was the first one to push for a settlement during the civil lawsuit. He was even recorded on tape boasting about his plan to destroy MJ and anyone around him. They still could've pursued a criminal case, even after the settlement, but chose not to. Michael's insurance company paid the settlement after his team eventually convinced him that he wasn't physically healthy enough to go through a long trial. Both sides agreed to settle, under claims of negligence, and not child abuse of any kind.

You're seriously unaware of the 2 major differences in these situations? You never heard about the 2 big pieces of evidence in R Kelly's situation?

:lol:

^ what, the sextape? The girl's fam denied it was her.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying that the allegations against Kells aren't credible. Dont get it twisted. I'm just asking a question for the sake of conversation :lol:

Man I'm learning this **** is four hours long. There's no way anyone could watch this and not come out affected in some way. The anecdotes I'm reading in these reviews are ****ing horrifying.

Even if you believe this man didn't touch them kids this documentary is certainly designed to taint your perception of him.

Back
Top Bottom