HBO The Idol | The Weeknd & Lilly Rose Depp | Co created by Sam Levinson | Sunday 9PM

Wasnt Really Feeling The Reveal That Joss Was Playing Tedros The Whole Time.

Cant See Where The Story Could Go From Here But If This Series Continued They Need To Push The Supporting Characters To The Front A Bit More.

Nah the show is done 😂. I dont think current Max management would be willing to bring it back. I really appreciate the music that dropped though.

HBO's management requested that the HBO branding be dropped from HBO Max because they felt Max Originals' lower quality was hurting HBO's brand.

They want HBO to be associated with high-quality television

Then this show goes way over budget. Then they deliver a show that is disliked by critics.

HBO's management seems they want Levinson to work on Euphoria next. The earliest for that is 2025.

So we have an over-budget, lowly rated show, who if they don't change showrunners and directors the earliest the next season could come out is possibly 2026, and Warner Bros CEO is on a cost-cutting warpath

If this gets renewed, I would be shocked

Last edited:
I thought I heard it wasn’t being renewed? If it wasn’t canceled yet it should be bc it wasn’t good at all.

Ending made no sense. Tedros is a loser. If he was powerful or had real clout and tried to play her it would mean something, but he was a loser the whole time. She has always had all of the power and he adds no value by keeping him around after getting exposed.

The show is fire! Let the people who enjoy it, for the reasons stated..enjoy it :lol:

I think the show is doing exactly what it’s intended to do. I see a lot there. Some of y’all don’t see it, COOL!

But I think they explain exactly what they’re going for. Some may miss it. Some may see it another way!
Famb, I don't think HBO saw it your way.

The show got worse with each episode, I don’t think any of them would want to come back. I didn’t even see the last one.

Is there an artist that would’ve made that show work that you guys can think of? Kendrick, Travis Scott, etc., it all would’ve been different if not for The Weeknd imo

Is there an artist that would’ve made that show work that you guys can think of? Kendrick, Travis Scott, etc., it all would’ve been different if not for The Weeknd imo
No character change would have worked. The show is way too flawed

They should have probably just stuck to the previous version. Couldn't have been any worse than what we got.

ASAP Rocky might have had a chance, he actually has real charisma, but The Weeknd nope. The script sucked, storyline, pretty much everything :lol:

This failed abortion of a show just didn’t go far enough tbh.
If you’re gonna be trash, at least don’t be boring. As a big fan of awful movies/shows, this was just insulting.

Back
Top Bottom