HBO: "Westworld"...Cancelled After 4 Seasons

Dudes mad at Maeve storyline forgetting that it's predetermined. Someone wrote her *** to get off the train.
It was predetermined but sloppily put in motion. Did Ford (or whoever wrote her Escape narrative) plan for those two specific employees to handle her? Too many things could've gone wrong if those two dudes weren't prepped to set that storyline up. And if they weren't prepped (the scenes with them and Bernard makes it seem like they weren't), they acted extremely stupid the entire time and it's only by dumb luck that it reached its conclusion.

Last edited:
Takes some suspension of disbelief or you won't enjoy it. I mean they're in a fully monitored, completely transparent setting, someone should have seen it. Definitely sloppy moments but I still dig it.

A nice 4th wall parody should be made of a dude yelling "yo nobody else see this ****?"

Now that I think about it, Felix may have been in on it this whole time and letting **** slide.

Bandit dude got to feel away knowing that weirdo employee was in his cheeks from time to time.

Charlize Theron look alike gonna find the deadliest weapon in the park I bet.

To be fair, Delos creates theme parks where you can rape and murder VERY lifelike (unmistakably so) beings. I don't think they're too concerned about being politically correct. I wonder what the world outside of WestWorld is like. People get up in arms about sexual violence and realistic gore in videogames currently, the moral compass of the nation/world must be way off if regular people raping and murdering lifelike robots is seen as OK.

Now that I think about it, Felix may have been in on it this whole time and letting **** slide.

Bandit dude got to feel away knowing that weirdo employee was in his cheeks from time to time.

Charlize Theron look alike gonna find the deadliest weapon in the park I bet.

Not to nitpick but those hosts figured out how to use those automatic rifles alittle too quick :lol: They went from the musket and revolver to the P90 without even thinking about it.

To be fair, Delos creates theme parks where you can rape and murder VERY lifelike (unmistakably so) beings. I don't think they're too concerned about being politically correct. I wonder what the world outside of WestWorld is like. People get up in arms about sexual violence and realistic gore in videogames currently, the moral compass of the nation/world must be way off if regular people raping and murdering lifelike robots is seen as OK.

I Think that's why they paid attention to showcasing that a lot of the guest are the "Elite". in real life the power that comes along with that elite status leaves you open and able to do things that most wouldn't deem morally acceptable. They're looking for a new game... all the time. It's like the old wall st billionaire who still making deals knowing it will have an adverse effect on many people, that interest in the game and fulfilling your purpose can cause people to turn a blind eye to morals.

Have you watched Spartacus before? The way they entertain themselves by abusing the hosts reminds me of the rich Romans abusing the gladiators/slaves since they didn't view them as human :smh:

Last edited:
Takes some suspension of disbelief or you won't enjoy it. I mean they're in a fully monitored, completely transparent setting, someone should have seen it. Definitely sloppy moments but I still dig it.

A nice 4th wall parody should be made of a dude yelling "yo nobody else see this ****?"

i mean the show is about mostly, more or less, autonomous human like robots in a seemingly incomprehensibly vast theme park, i have to imagine anyone remotely interested in watching is down for suspending their disbelief...but there is much inconsistency with how certain things played out, in a place that was as monitored as it seemingly was, there is little in the way of what happened on screen that would explain how haphazard the lab techs involvement was pulled off...

And i touched on this a little earlier in a spoiler, but its extremely clear to me that what Arnold & Ford want are two different things. Arnold watched Delores gain consciousness and realized that this experiment had gone too far because host could now recognize and process this abuse. when he ordered Delores he did it with the focus of not having the park open and closing the possibilities for human abuse on the host. he would rather his work not be remembered than the host enduring this pain.

Ford cared more and more about his narrative & his genius being recognized. his reasoning on the host gaining consciousness has a lot to do with his obsession of control and legacy. by adding all of these narratives and making these host go through these various emotions, he's aided these cornerstone events into shaping the host "consciousness" into his own agenda

i mean the show is about mostly, more or less, autonomous human like robots in a seemingly incomprehensibly vast theme park, i have to imagine anyone remotely interested in watching is down for suspending their disbelief...but there is much inconsistency with how certain things played out, in a place that was as monitored as it seemingly was, there is little in the way of what happened on screen that would explain how haphazard the lab techs involvement was pulled off...

All they had to do was make the asian guy a host... that would have solved how stupid and easy he was to go along with everything.

I forgot all about that booty warrior lab tech dude about to bend Hector over :x this episode had a couple laugh out loud moments and that was one

I forgot all about that booty warrior lab tech dude about to bend Hector over :x this episode had a couple laugh out loud moments and that was one

When the chick threw the guy through the glass and the lab dude turned around, he had a tent pitched :rofl:

Last edited:
I know I'm late but I just realized Delores = Delos (minus 're').

Probably doesn't mean anything but then again we had Bernard = Arnold somehow.

edit: I never knew about the brain being in Michelangelo's "Creation of Adam." Pretty cool. But was that painting in that room in previous episodes?

Last edited:
And i touched on this a little earlier in a spoiler, but its extremely clear to me that what Arnold & Ford want are two different things. Arnold watched Delores gain consciousness and realized that this experiment had gone too far because host could now recognize and process this abuse. when he ordered Delores he did it with the focus of not having the park open and closing the possibilities for human abuse on the host. he would rather his work not be remembered than the host enduring this pain.

Ford cared more and more about his narrative & his genius being recognized. his reasoning on the host gaining consciousness has a lot to do with his obsession of control and legacy. by adding all of these narratives and making these host go through these various emotions, he's aided these cornerstone events into shaping the host "consciousness" into his own agenda

I think Ford cares less about their consciousness than he does his legacy. Think back to the scene with Hale where he says, "aren't you worried I'm going to break all my toys." Him giving Dolores consciousness is essentially him breaking all his toys so that this evil corporation (Delos) can't bastardize his work.

I also don't think that Ford is dead based on his interaction with Bernard. He didn't seem surprised at all that Bernard survived the gun shot to the head.

Last edited:
I loved all the subtle jabs Anthony Hopkins would throw at people. That boss lady telling him he's fired and he doesn't even acknowledge it. "Can I help you with anything else lady? k I'll see you later tonight." He twists what she says into making her feel like she's not in control :rofl:

Then later after he meets up with MIB, "aren't you going to be at the celebration tonight? After all, it's for you, you own the park. Or a little part of it......" Meaning he might own the land and the facilities but will never own the hosts. Que the Delores quotes "this world doesn't belong to them, it belongs to us."

Last edited:
I sure hope you guys are right about ford being alive, I mean we were all right about the timeline and bill being mib, so its yalls turn to be right about something, good lawd. lol.

dudes character. The genius. It was like he was channeling his character from Fracture. Always 3 moves ahead.

I sure hope you guys are right about ford being alive, I mean we were all right about the timeline and bill being mib, so its yalls turn to be right about something, good lawd. lol.

dudes character. The genius. It was like he was channeling his character from Fracture. Always 3 moves ahead.

I think a lot of this season was written to be a one season show. The way it ended and everything else with the ending, to me, would have made it easy to just have little things to keep you thinking after its over, and still be completely satisfied with the show ending.

It left it pretty open for a second season, but still able to feel satisfied with drawing your own conclusions with the ending.

Last edited:
My question is

If Anthony Hopkins is not in season 2, will the show still be successful?

He is a big draw for me

Wow just wow season finale ended up on a high note. But SMH at there being an after credits scene :smh:

This show has proved to be quite entertaining in various ways:

I loved how they spun the William/MIB reveal. While everyone had already accepted it I was still unsure. Especially when the MIB talked about himself as William in 3rd person. For a second I thought Logan would be the MIB. But yeah, his anchor at why he became MIB was weak. He really fell in love with a robot SMH.

The picture falling from his horse was a nice cheesy touch.

The Maeve story meh. The asian dude really pissed me off. I just didn't get his motivation. And yeah while her story seemed to have been programmed by Ford, I think her deciding to get off the train was her becoming conscious.

Ford is alive. If I remember correctly, when Bernard finds the old shop, the old machines seem to have been working on a body. And yeah
the focusing on the handshake was not to subtle but again it' a one of the things i disliked about the show per se. The fact that you have to be true detective and keep notes.

Samurai World or whatever they're gonna call it looks cool, definitely a nod to upcoming things. Didn't the asian guy say something like its complicated?

I do need to rewatch, as the whole Delores losing her mind thing was so confusing. Mainly when she's talking to William and asks when are we, then when she's talking to Arnold but he says he can't help her because he's dead. While the MIB did sorta explain some of it, it was still confusing. Was that convo with Arnold a delusion and if so had she already reached consciousness.

Ed Harris not dead, but he may be screwed.

Overall this is an 8/10 show for me.

If you think of the ending I liken this to the first Resident Evil movie.

Wow just wow season finale ended up on a high note. But SMH at there being an after credits scene :smh:

This show has proved to be quite entertaining in various ways:

I loved how they spun the William/MIB reveal. While everyone had already accepted it I was still unsure. Especially when the MIB talked about himself as William in 3rd person. For a second I thought Logan would be the MIB. But yeah, his anchor at why he became MIB was weak. He really fell in love with a robot SMH.

The picture falling from his horse was a nice cheesy touch.

The Maeve story meh. The asian dude really pissed me off. I just didn't get his motivation. And yeah while her story seemed to have been programmed by Ford, I think her deciding to get off the train was her becoming conscious.

Ford is alive. If I remember correctly, when Bernard finds the old shop, the old machines seem to have been working on a body. And yeah
the focusing on the handshake was not to subtle but again it' a one of the things i disliked about the show per se. The fact that you have to be true detective and keep notes.

Samurai World or whatever they're gonna call it looks cool, definitely a nod to upcoming things. Didn't the asian guy say something like its complicated?

I do need to rewatch, as the whole Delores losing her mind thing was so confusing. Mainly when she's talking to William and asks when are we, then when she's talking to Arnold but he says he can't help her because he's dead. While the MIB did sorta explain some of it, it was still confusing. Was that convo with Arnold a delusion and if so had she already reached consciousness.

Ed Harris not dead, but he may be screwed.

Overall this is an 8/10 show for me.

If you think of the ending I liken this to the first Resident Evil movie.

The whole Dolores thing can be easy to comprehend when you realize everything we watched her go through was a journey through her subconscious....from the second she met young William we were watching her flashbacks, she was gaining consciousness little by little....every loop got her a bit closer and it was young Will that got caught up in her loop to find consciousness....kind of understand why he went sort of mad...

I think Ford cares less about their consciousness than he does his legacy. Think back to the scene with Hale where he says, "aren't you worried I'm going to break all my toys." Him giving Dolores consciousness is essentially him breaking all his toys so that this evil corporation (Delos) can't bastardize his work.

I also don't think that Ford is dead based on his interaction with Bernard. He didn't seem surprised at all that Bernard survived the gun shot to the head.
There's no doubt in my mind Ford had Bernard shoot himself in the head to keep him out of the way so he could set things up and then programmed Maeve to revive him (via Asian dude) so he could be around for what comes next.

Hosts still have one last weakness; the backdoors Arnold created.

My question is

If Anthony Hopkins is not in season 2, will the show still be successful?

He is a big draw for me
No. Unless they get another big name star for another season. If not I could see ratings drop after the S2 premiere especially given a 2 year gap.

Hopefully they get MM :pimp: Some alright alright alright cowboy killing would be cool.

Last edited:
When Felix said it's complicated made me think he was one of the pieces pulled early from the upcoming samurai storyline by Ford. Not stereotypical, just thought it was bit of a weird answer from someone who's been very simplistic thus far and doesn't know advance stories.

Back
Top Bottom