HBO's The Night Of

Shout out to whoever bumped this thread. Just got an idea for my final philosophy paper i can tie in with this show 
smokin.gif

On episode 4 now. I know it's the world we live in now, but the emphasis of him being muslim is so stupid to me. He's not connected to any foreign terrorist organization and he's not radical so I dunno what people's stereotype of him would connect to the murder unless it's about killing an American white girl. Those idiots in episode one who thought he would kill her just because he's muslim need to be the ones to die.

Those scumbags at riker's island have some weird logic. naz is accused of rape even though the detectives / forensics haven't really talked about the evidence leading them to think some sexual assault happened but these inmates want to kill him just for the accusation. The possibility of him being innocent doesn't really matter, they just want to kill someone.

Re Muslim stereotyping: see Adnan Syed story, railroaded because of Muslim beliefs PRIOR to 9/11.

Re prison logic: rumors and half truths are always thrown around to label inmates ( often started by the prison guards). Gay, snitch, opposing gang, what you're in for, weak, real etc all have major implications in prison. It can get you killed bro, it's not made up.

I wish someone else questioned that hearse driver. Would've told him to answer the damn questions. Guy's a weirdo.

I hate how the prosecutor was talking to the medical examiner / coroner and asking him if he'd be able to say the cut on naz's hand could from stabbing someone and their hand slipping onto the knife blade and not from the broken glass on the door. All you gotta do is test if it's his blood on the door glass and you'll know. But you gotta paint the narrative to your side anyway you can.

Last edited:
Been watching some movies over the holidays and seen Naz in a bunch of stuff. Star Wars, Jason Bourne, The OA (Netflix).

^^^^ me too loooool

same exact movies.

was like got damb son is in everything

Last edited:
I saw Jason Bourne wh3n it came out and was like :wow: @ Max getting this come up.

Son playing support roles in all these movies now :lol:

He taking advantage of his opportunity.

still having dreams about Chandra. The Chandra Pull

I wouldn't even need those drugs she pulled out of her honeypot. Would've just put her fingers in my mouth after she reaches into herself.

^ I was leaning towards the stepfather the entire season. But who knows. It could have been Nas after all. I was just looking forward to what I thought was gonna be a big reveal of exactly what happened that night. Either Nas killing the girl while he was blacked out, or someone else coming into the house and killing her while Nas was passed out in the kitchen.

I dont even get how Nas couldve done it, since he had no blood on him other than his hand, and she was covered in blood. To me, logically I can't see it. On top of that, just following the story, my gut also said he couldn't have done it. On top of all that, they basically went out and said the FA did it, everything but showed the scene

Yeah, dude had no blood on him and just chillin in the kitchen. If he stabbed her 22 times he must've took a shower after.

Alright, so I am not up to EP. 5 and was curious why the dude giving Naz advice flipped and threw the hot water with baby oil? Was it because Naz figured out that the story about the dude's niece was fake?

It kind of got weird when he asked him what her name was and he couldn't think of it. Was it because he killed her?

I thought it was because he didn't get revenge for his niece so he thought doing something to naz who he thought was a rapist scumbag would make him feel a little better.

so i just finished this show and read thru this thread 

the theories 
laugh.gif

i was suspicious of the financial advisor when he threw ALL suspicion onto the stepfather, yet didnt tell anybody (police) even though he was so "threatened"

what did dr katz find outside?

also i think omar wanted to keep nas in jail, but for all his power it was outside of his "control"

i think that played a lot into the theme of this show

remember when the girl said "you always do what people tell you to"

About to start the final episode. I'll post my thoughts on the series after.

The pacing of this show was perfect, it reminds of of the mundane drawn out process of the law.

When he was getting hand / knuckle tattoos, I was like this fool gets dumber and dumber.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom