HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Think the monitor 30's will be too big for what im doing...

theres no wall behind my couch so i gotta mount the rear speakers on the wall on either side of the room...

And yea I am leaning towards the TSI-200... My best buy doesnt have a theater room so i gotta roll down to the next closest one and hit up their studio to hear these joints before i buy.
these are pretty nice
http://www.thespeakercomp...eakers-Pair-P105C10.aspx

Does anyone here have a Sony KDL-40W4100???

I have had this tv for sometime now and I still find myself messing around with the settings. Maybe I'm just too picky. But if anyone has it can you postyour settings???

I am a member on avsforum, blu ray forum, I've gone to tweaktv, etc, etc but I'm always open to testing out some new settings!!!

about those monoprice mounts. I need a mount for my room that i can swivel a 40'' around in any position and up & down. Any help is appreciated.

Anyone have a thin black vertical line like right in the center of the TV? I can see it clearly when there is a gray or a dark blue on the screen....Anyoneknow what it is? I bought a 3 year warranty with it when I bought the TV at the PX on the base. I might have to call it in I guess

^^^^Haha! You have to see my setup. I have a 35" width TV stand with a 46" LCD tv.

labor-day-weekend-4.jpg

Only pic I have.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

about those monoprice mounts. I need a mount for my room that i can swivel a 40'' around in any position and up & down. Any help is appreciated.
someone help
laugh.gif
..i need it for my new spot im moving intothis upcoming month

so i have an older denon 5.1 surround sound system/dvd player which works fine, except the cable for the subwoofer snapped and the pin was stuck in the sub. Icalled around to a few places, and the licensed denon repair shops wanted $199 just to look at it
sick.gif
So I tried to take it apart, eventually tried to supergluea nail to it in hopes of pulling it out... no luck. So now I need a good subwoofer. Doesn't need to be ridiculously loud or big or anything, just somethingthat creates some bass. Best Buy had a few all well over $100... and to be honest I'm not trying to spend that much. Any sites to check?

Also, I'm in the market for a 40inch, I'm trying to wait it out for another month or so for black friday, in hopes of seeing some 40 inch tvs under$500... Is that likely? Or if I were to pull the trigger on one now (any brand above insignia/westinghouse/etc), how low might I find one?

tell me more about the TV i just copped for my room, samsung 3 series 360. It's 720p and 60Ghz. On the box it said LCD TV. So does that mean its not HD?

Mr Monday Niight, where did u get the component stand in your pic that has the ps3 on top of it?

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

tell me more about the TV i just copped for my room, samsung 3 series 360. It's 720p and 60Ghz. On the box it said LCD TV. So does that mean its not HD?
720p is Hi-def.

What makes you think it's not hi-def??? just curious.

So I was playing Heavenly Sword on my panasonic plasma and for a 720p tv it is really nice. Unfortunatly I dont have 5 days straight to calibrate this tv so myquestion to all the techies here is, will not calibrating my tv and lowering the contrast and brightness help save my plasma? Or is there another way tocalibrate the tv besides leaving it on for 5 straight days?

i think it is best to do it for 5 days for best results. do u have another tv in ur crib? i kno it'll b irritating not watching/playing games on the plas,but u wont b disappointed
laugh.gif

Tetsujin23 yeah but the tv is in my bedroom and keeping it on for 5 days straight when it is mounted on the wall already would make me crazy lol. There has tobe some settings or something else I can do.

i feel ya
laugh.gif

trust, it'll b worth the wait tho.

[h2]What You Get from Calibrating your Plasma TV[/h2]
First of all, the overall picture will look better for whatever you usually watch on your TV. You will get better color accuracy so the images will look more natural and also you will improve the contrast which will result in a higher detail. You also extend your plasma TV life by reducing its aging rate so you will have a great picture for a longer time. As a side effect of correct calibration, you can expect the power consumption to reduce so you will save a few bucks with the power bill. So basically you get more from your plasma TV while saving money and saving the ozone layer.

Originally Posted by taz92

So I was playing Heavenly Sword on my panasonic plasma and for a 720p tv it is really nice. Unfortunatly I dont have 5 days straight to calibrate this tv so my question to all the techies here is, will not calibrating my tv and lowering the contrast and brightness help save my plasma? Or is there another way to calibrate the tv besides leaving it on for 5 straight days?
You seem confused about calibration. Leaving your plasma on for 5 straight days will not calibrate it. TV's don't calibrate themselves.
laugh.gif

You may be talking about the inital break-in period (first 150-200 hrs). That is the only reason I can think of, that would leave someone to leave a TV on for5 straight days. Lowering the picture and brightness settings (50 or below) is the recommended break-in procedure.

After the initial break-in period, then you can have the set calibrated by doing it yourself (ex. DVE) or having a professional do it. Also, using someoneelse's settings, is not calibrating your TV. I know some Panasonic plasma's have the THX mode, which are decent settings to use, without having tocalibrate.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

your TV stand looks way too small for the size of TV that you have
Yea i almost wanna bring my stand back and get a bigger one that will fit my new Center channel speaker in the cabinet so i dont have to build ashelf above the TV.. TV only overhangs from the edges of the stand about 3/4 inch on each side though.

AND i would be able to put my new L/R Fronts on the sides in stead... but to do all that id need like a 60" TV stand and im in a sorta small apartment
ohwell.gif

But w.e ill just build the shelf and buy some stands for the speakers...

EDIT: (above reminds me to update that i pulled the trigger on the Polk CS10 Center and TSi 200 Front's... PSW10 Sub gonna be on my doorstep in a fewdays.
happy.gif
)

Anyone know where a good place to buy stands for XL bookshelfs? Cheapest ive seen for some good ones was like $50... I like the Sanus stuff but i gotta findsomeplace that sells them at a good price

Also im hoping that building the shelf wont F up my front sound stage with having the Center channel projecting from about 2 feet above ear level...

Back
Top Bottom