HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by jae oh en

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Here's my "command center"...lol. AKA my recliner with laptop stand and mini fridge. I always wanted a recliner with a mini-fridge next to it in college, so those are two of the first things I bought after I graduated.
my command center>your command center.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
. it's funny because me and my friends actually refer to it as the command center. nice frikkin setups though. youre right, mini fridges are a must. its off to the side in this pic, but really should be the center piece of the room
laugh.gif

3033857823_48daa024e4_o.jpg

*edit - freshh/eman - right on for the NES. had to take it apart and clean it up to get it working right
laugh.gif
. thanks though, appreciate it.

Ahhh, the good ol days
pimp.gif
Glass Joe was a great punching bag
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Is there a big difference between a 32" 720p vs 32" 1080p?

From what I've read not too much. If your going 1080p you might as well go 40"s.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Here's my set-ups. (Sorry for the monstrous pics)

In my main floor living area. 40" Samsung LCD w/ PS3, Xbox 360, DVR, Phillips Surround Sound System.
2qvteyr.jpg

The Blu-Ray collection!
1zzqkg3.jpg
This is dope.

Just got back from purchasing a 52' Sony Bravia with a blu ray(I dont know why my dad wanted this if my ps3 already has it),wall mount,installation,and 4year insurance for 3gs. happy person.

I need a TV stand like gottagitdemjs but one that can hold 52 inches+.

Any recommendations? I don't want to drill a gabillion holes on my wall.

im still thinkin about gettin a wall mount.......the wall in my room is pretty thick, so i know it wont fall or anythin...

just wanted to know, which are the best wallmounts out there? or it doesnt matter which one i get?

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Is there a big difference between a 32" 720p vs 32" 1080p?

It depends how close you sit or are planning to sit. A good test to do is to view NT on it in 1920x1080. Go as far back as you can until you can't readthe text in the posts anymore. That's the point where you see the full benefit of 1080p. The farther you move back, the less detail you will see.

Originally Posted by SOleILL

Just got back from purchasing a 52' Sony Bravia with a blu ray(I dont know why my dad wanted this if my ps3 already has it),wall mount,installation,and 4 year insurance for 3gs. happy person.
Is it the V series or the W?

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Has anyone seen the Samsung LN52A650 for below $1928.99, because thats what Amazon.com has it for? I don't know whether to pull the trigger now or to wait until christmas or superbowl time.

That's the TV I've decided on and now I'm in the same situation.. I've read the Super Bowl is a good time to buy though some say wait untilthe right after. My solution - buy before the Super Bowl from amazon since they'll refund the difference it the price drops within 30 days so that willcover both ends.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

im still thinkin about gettin a wall mount.......the wall in my room is pretty thick, so i know it wont fall or anythin...

just wanted to know, which are the best wallmounts out there? or it doesnt matter which one i get?

i just bought a wall mount off of ebay for my panasonic PZ80 plasma. Buy it off of the ebay seller name e-mounts. His stuff was legit. Easy to install and verycheap. Dont spend $150-200 at best buy or circuit city when my 42' wall mount cost me $35 with free shipping.

Originally Posted by iceNcream

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i just bought a wall mount off of ebay for my panasonic PZ80 plasma. Buy it off of the ebay seller name e-mounts. His stuff was legit. Easy to install and very cheap. Dont spend $150-200 at best buy or circuit city when my 42' wall mount cost me $35 with free shipping.
thanks, might look into that

Make friends with Bestbuy employees for all your home theatre needs...Init, rocketfish FTW
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Shoulda hopped on that 50" 800u panasonic for 934
smh.gif
..broke, but it can wait

ps: 630 samsung is JUDDERY as muuuuug
sick.gif
..don't get it. Look at it on the wall at hgh 120hz and tell me it dont look fake as hell....Worse than LG70 120hz
smh.gif
sick.gif

NT put me up on omni mount when i asked about mounts-
pimp.gif
caught a deal andended up with the mount and this "tria" shelf joint

image_product.height.500;watermark.1;width.500;modified.1163025907.OMNTRIA_1.jpg

been in the closet for like a month
laugh.gif
my dude is supposed to comeinstall everything this weekend...we'll see
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

anyone have feedback on a 37'' Olevia LT37HVS?
You may want to try reading the reviews on the site you found it at. Can you post some details of it?

asked this earlier in the thread but didn't get an answer. are there any HDTV's out there that produce good quality standard channels? my brother got a26" sony xbr about a year ago and the standard channels were horrible.

i'm mostly gonna be using it for gaming which is why i need HD capabilities but don't wanna pay $15 a month to get HD channels + cable box sothat's why I'm asking for ones that produce good picture with standard channels.

are there specs i can look for to determine it or is it a lost cause ? i'm just looking for a decent priced 32"

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

asked this earlier in the thread but didn't get an answer. are there any HDTV's out there that produce good quality standard channels? my brother got a 26" sony xbr about a year ago and the standard channels were horrible.

i'm mostly gonna be using it for gaming which is why i need HD capabilities but don't wanna pay $15 a month to get HD channels + cable box so that's why I'm asking for ones that produce good picture with standard channels.

are there specs i can look for to determine it or is it a lost cause ? i'm just looking for a decent priced 32"

Hmmm I don't think there is.
nerd.gif

ppl who are lookin for cheap hdtvs, look at the newspapers this coming week....

black friday gonna have some crazy deals

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

asked this earlier in the thread but didn't get an answer. are there any HDTV's out there that produce good quality standard channels? my brother got a 26" sony xbr about a year ago and the standard channels were horrible.

i'm mostly gonna be using it for gaming which is why i need HD capabilities but don't wanna pay $15 a month to get HD channels + cable box so that's why I'm asking for ones that produce good picture with standard channels.

Most of the new HDTV's have dual tuners, and you will find that if you plug in your cable line you will get at least a few channels in high-def withouthaving to pay extra for. I currently have basic-cable with no HD options, yet I get around 7 channels in high-def. I know this does not really answer yourquestion, but it is something to consider. Personally, I have found that rear projection and DLP sets have the best standard def playback, but most folks arestaying away from these tv's in favor of LCD and Plasma.

Back
Top Bottom