HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

^ yea i actually have a 46" sony bravia myself which i bought through my boy at best buy, but if i were to buy with no discount i probably wouldn'thave bought it. sticker price was close to around $3,000. i see 46" samsungs with comparable picture quality going for around a 1,000 with no hookups ordiscounts all the time.

but if money is no object, for sure i think sony makes the best screens. my boy got a sony vaio laptop and the screen on it is just amazing.

i still don't understand HDMI cables smh at me lol.....

But MHT214 or anyone else what is the BEST 37" TV on the market right now....

Originally Posted by realmc

^ yea i actually have a 46" sony bravia myself which i bought through my boy at best buy, but if i were to buy with no discount i probably wouldn't have bought it. sticker price was close to around $3,000. i see 46" samsungs with comparable picture quality going for around a 1,000 with no hookups or discounts all the time.

but if money is no object, for sure i think sony makes the best screens. my boy got a sony vaio laptop and the screen on it is just amazing.

mine isa bravia too ... the picture on it when you put it at the brightest setting is OUTRAGEOUS ... by far the best "in home" picture ive ever seenand im not just being biased

TO: The Samsung loyalist.

Sony does not 'buy thier' technology. Sony doesnt just slap thier name on the TVs. Thats a pretty ignorant statement on that guys behave. Both brandsare still very different in thier own respect. What i will agree with is, that Samsung does tend to be the best Bang for the Buck as of right now. And althoughi dont think Sony is the best TV in the world, they have pretty good TV's. One thing i will say is that ill never mess with Sony Audio, unless its on ofthier expensive %%# recievers...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-LCD

ALSO, LG is the second largest manufacturer of LCD in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG.Philips_LCD

****AND ALL SONY LCD's are BRAVIA---that means nothing
eyes.gif

TO: Jonahtheballer

There isnt much to understand when it comes to HDMI, just remember that its 1 cable: that can send both Video and Audio digitally, bout it. What in particulardo you want to know?

ALso, BEST 37" LCD right now, ummmm...

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...uct&cp=1&id=1206142174733

Bang for the Buck:
There are too many, it all depends on what specs you want. 720p? 1080p?

TO: The Samsung loyalist.

Sony does not 'buy thier' technology. Sony doesnt just slap thier name on the TVs. Thats a pretty ignorant statement on that guys behave.
where's your source cause dude i talked to works for a third party company which makes the liquid crystal displays for Samsung and this isexactly what he told me. If you really want i can ask him for a business card today and ask him a bunch more questions today when he comes in to pick up hisdaughter. He's a middle aged chinese guy who i doubt spends his time spreading rumors just for kicks. If you have no source stating that what i said isfalse, then your statement is more ignorant then mine because i am at least going off a semi-credible source.

btw i don't own samsung anything and all 4 of the tv's in my household are sony. i was just tryna keep it real with what i have heard and maybe helppeople on a decision because sony tv's are freakin expensive.

EDIT: actually i just looked at your wiki link and it provides good info, though not entirely credible since wikipedia can be edited by anyone. but anyways itstates that samsung holds a share more in the company then sony, which i guess techinically means that samsung is the one running things.

TO: realmc

I can send you one of my business cards too. Also, maybe if you would have clicked on the link that i left for you, then read it. Maybe you would have seenwhere im coming from. AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, SONY DOES NOT JUST SLAP THIER NAME ON SAMSUNG PANELS....

Originally Posted by MHT214

TO: realmc

I can send you one of my business cards too. Also, maybe if you would have clicked on the link that i left for you, then read it. Maybe you would have seen where im coming from. AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, SONY DOES NOT JUST SLAP THIER NAME ON SAMSUNG PANELS....
read my edit.

personally i don't care. i'm fine with my sony tv... all i'm saying is they seem very overpriced. amazing picture quality none the less...

My setup... CHEA. My cords > yours. LOL. Mad lazy to organize em.

BTW- its a 37 inch samsung 1080p

My surround sound just blew out that I got on Xmas.

smh.gif

Some bs 1000watt RCA that my dad bought.

Bringing it back today to Walmart.

I got a new stand and while I was taking the wires out everything, I hit the button on the surge protector and it wouldnt turn back on.

Whats a decent surround sound in the $170-200 range?

And my cable isnt working right either.

I cant get sound to come from the cable box with the HDMI cables.

The picture comes up but no sound.

Have no clue what happened, now I have to use the wires they give you with the HD cable.

co-sign on that Sony doesn't just slap their name on the tv. They buy the panels from samsung but still incorporate sony tech in it. Just like how Pioneerwill soon buy panasonic panels but still incorporate pioneer tech in it. And KURO/ELITES > YOUR FAV. TV.

Couldn't afford the kuro, so settled on the xbr. My tv is 2 years old now.
laugh.gif
Straight off TNT HD playing Matrix.
ab4353084ab77c52e03e9bc73ed608b2749d8f5.jpg
ea025d143d7d7ed99ce311e1ba6e8782665ec17.jpg

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

My surround sound just blew out that I got on Xmas.

smh.gif

Some bs 1000watt RCA that my dad bought.

Bringing it back today to Walmart.

I got a new stand and while I was taking the wires out everything, I hit the button on the surge protector and it wouldnt turn back on.

Whats a decent surround sound in the $170-200 range?

And my cable isnt working right either.

I cant get sound to come from the cable box with the HDMI cables.

The picture comes up but no sound.

Have no clue what happened, now I have to use the wires they give you with the HD cable.
logitech z5500

TO: whyte1der05five

I overlooked your last question. Its your cable box. Go to the Settings in the cable box, under audio, there will be a option that says something like audiooutput. Choose HDMI as your connection of audio output. Done.

I'm still looking for a decent 32" LCD ($500 range) but I'm just curious, what is the difference between 60 Hz vs. 120 Hz.
Benefits?
I'm pretty sure it's been answered but there are plenty of info here.

Whats a good cheap TV mount for a 32 inch, I have the vizio VOJ320... Im either looking for a tilting ot tilt/swivel...

Also, are all mounts universal?

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

best time to buy a TV a week before Superbowl?
nerd.gif

YES. I have already looked at next weeks ad for BBY and it seems like they are starting thier finanicing promotions and deals early this year. The first 4pages will be dedicated to the HomeTheater dept. The only thing i remember right now is a Pioneer TV with a free Bluray player.....
--i have it at work, ill look at it a bit better and let you guys know whats going on...

TO: ii FLaSh ii
This is what you need, im sure you can find it cheaper online somewhere, just note the model #
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...mount&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1099382082032http://www.bestbuy.com/si...cp=1&id=1099382082032

TO: RFX45

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...6f743b&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=nhttp://www.bestbuy.com/si...ries&nrp=15&iht=n

Go to your local BBY and ask if someone still has a 32a300 still in stock. That TV is $499.99, i think, and is similar to the 32a330. As far as 60hz vs 120hz,dont even worry about it. The size TV your looking for is not big enough to have to implement that kind of feature.

Originally Posted by MHT214

TO: whyte1der05five

I overlooked your last question. Its your cable box. Go to the Settings in the cable box, under audio, there will be a option that says something like audio output. Choose HDMI as your connection of audio output. Done.

Already did that, thats why Im stumped.

No clue whats wrong.

I tried changing the HDMI I have hooked up to the blu ray but its the same thing.

nerd.gif

So you have tried hooking it up to the Bluray player and the same thing happened? If you want an immediate solution hook up a fiber optical cable for theaudio---but that if you have lying around. BTW, where did you get that HDMI from? Is your TV also set on recieving both video and audio through HDMI?

Back
Top Bottom