Heading to LA & Pasadena for National Championship

Leaving Austin today for Cali, its my first time on the west coast so hopefully you guys could help me out. What are some must see spot and places i need tocheck out? Gonna be there till Sunday so I have some free time to wonder around. Going out there for the game and really dont have anything else planned.Anything helps, thanks.

In Pasadena there is quite a few places to check out. For one there is Neo 39, even though ownership is terrible they still pick up QS and so on. There'salso Brooklyn Projects headed east on Colorado. As far as bars you can hit up the 35er or even Barneys Beanery, pretty chill spots. Pasadena also has Roscoeschicken and waffles, going north on lake. I know burbank isn't in LA or pasadena but it's relatively close check out my boys shop Backside. Ifyou're into streetwear, vinyl we got a lot of that. Check out my thread in this same section for address and phone #.

FIGHT ON! Hahhaa...

Just playin man. It really depends where you are staying. LA is really a spread out place so depending on where you stay I may be able to help.

If you are going to the game I suggest you get there early! The Rosebowl has a weird parking situation. They make you park on the golf course around thestadium and the roads leading up there can get pretty crowded. Especially if you plan on tailgaiting I would suggest getting there at least 2-3 hrs. beforekickoff. Thatll give you time to set up and everything. If you arent tailgating they have lots that offer shuttles to the Rosebowl. That might be better sinceafter the game its a madhouse trying to get out.

Hope this helps.

yea what energy said. if ur going to the game, take a shuttle if not tailgaiting.

but if you want to get around LA. you can't do any public transit of any sort. (well you can, but that would take days). car and navigator will do you justfine.

be safe at the game!

If you plan on tailgating 2-3 hours before kickoff is NOT going to cut it. Trust me.

I was at the Rose Bowl last week, and I have to imagine that the BCS Title game is going to be more of a zoo than the Rose Bowl game was. Kickoff was around2pm and we arrived to the site at around 10am (4 hours prior). The only reason we showed up as late as we did was because we had reserved parking (corporatecomp tickets FTW) otherwise we woulda been SOL. All of the tailgating lots... errrr.... golf course spots were full and looked like they had been full forquite some time. I believe the parking lot opens at 4 or 5am and if you want a decent tailgating spot you probably want to try and get there before 8am.

If you are not going to tailgate it might be best to park in or around Old Town Pasadena and take the shuttle in from there.

Good luck, have fun.

getting ready to head over to Pasadena right now as i type, thanks for the help and info..... just one other thing. What about places to go at night. Lastnight we were driving around trying to find some places and the one we did was too strict on the dress code. We were dressed pretty casual just looking for apretty chill bar or something

Hit up LA Live which is right across the street from the Staples Center (110 fwy). They have alot of restaurants/bars that stay open pretty late. They have anESPN Zone, Trader Vic's, and a few others, but I would recommend The Yard House although I'm pretty sure it will be packed all day today, maybe not somuch after the game though. Check it out:

http://www.lalive.com/

Good luck....you'll need it against Bama'!

you know if you just hit up old town Pas theres A LOT of bars. Just walk down the strip (Colorado Ave) and theres tons of bars. Some do require a dress codebut most dont. Especially since its the Championship there will be tons of people around.

I recommend Lucky Baldwins, its an irish pub. Its off Colorado and Raymond.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom