Health woes forcing Paxson's decision on quitting

es300

Banned
paxson608.jpg

Gary Dineen/NBAE via Getty Images

[h1]Aldridge: Health woes forcing Paxson's decision on quitting[/h1]
By NBA.com staff
Posted Feb 13 2009 3:53PM

Several league sources told TNT's David Aldridge that Chicago general manager John Paxson has said that health concerns have caused him to consider quitting. Two sources said that they had been told Paxson had an ailment that threatens to become more serious.

advertisement_160.gif

"The stress of the job is really getting to John," one source said.

Paxson has not returned two phone calls.

Media outlets across the country are reporting that Paxson is on the verge of either quitting or moving aside. A story in the New York Post said Paxson could resign after next week's trading deadline. The Bulls reportedly have tried to discredit the Post report.

Another story, in the Chicago Tribune, said that Paxson could quit but remain with the team's front office. The Chicago Sun-Times reported, too, that Paxson will resign, saying that it's possible that it won't take effect until the end of the season.

Paxson has taken the blame for the Bulls' poor performance this season, saying that it reflected on his ability to put a competitive team together. But owner Jerry Reinsdorf told reporters late last month that Paxson was not at fault. The Bulls are fighting for one of the final playoff spots in the Eastern Conference but have struggled to play consistently.

Paxson also has been criticized for hiring Vinny del Negro as coach. Del Negro [pictured above left, with Paxson] had never been a coach on any level. The Bulls tried to hire Mike D'Antoni after he was allowed to leave Phoenix, but the two sides could not agree on a contract number and D'Antoni wound up taking the Knicks' job.

http://www.nba.com/2009/n...staff.20090213/index.html

Wait, are you guys being sarcastic? I think Bulls fans have been calling for this for a while now.

It is Peter Vecsey reporting :/ I'll believe it when I see the official report, not that it matters what I think.

im totally shocked. reisendorf just pulled all the blame from Pax. he just couldn't let go of his draft picks

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

he was good as a player, but tried his best to rebuild the bulls from scratch. not bad of a job by paxson imo
smh.gif
, he really hasn't done anything since becoming GM. DRose prettymuch landed in the teams lap so you can't call that get job on his part. Hopefully the Bulls get a deal done, which I seriously doubt will happen.

Just saw this, these are the picks Paxson has had since being named GM...this can't be right can it?
nono.gif

2008 - 1st pick
2007 - 9th pick
2006 - 2nd pick, 4th pick, 13th pick, 16th pick (traded)
2005 - 21st pick (traded)
2004 - 3rd pick, 7th pick
2003 - 7th pick

After last night I was hoping this thread would have been titled "Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro Resigns."

I don't care what is going on in the world... last offensive possession of a tight game Derrick should be on the court not Thabo!

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Just saw this, these are the picks Paxson has had since being named GM...this can't be right can it?
nono.gif

2008 - 1st pick
2007 - 9th pick
2003 - 7th pick
It's all right and was all botched except for DRose
smh.gif
Now I wonderif Vinny will be back after this season
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

nono.gif

2008 - 1st pick
2007 - 9th pick
2003 - 7th pick
2008 - Rose
2007 - Noah
2006 - Thomas and Sefolosha
2005 - No one
2004 - Gordon and Deng
2003 - Hinrich

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif