Hedo Turkoglu wins NBA M.I.P

The Orlando Magic have scheduled an 11 a.m. news conference for today in which standout small forward Hedo Turkoglu will be awarded the NBA's Most Improved Player.

Turkoglu, who boosted his scoring average by 6.2 points from last season, will be the fourth Magic player to win the award. Tracy McGrady (2001), Darrell Armstrong (1999) and Scott Skiles were the others (1991).

Source

Well deserved Turk.

vsBOS500_turkjig_012708.jpg

Edit: here is the top 5 in voting.

[table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]3rd[/td] [td]Pts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hedo Turkoglu[/td] [td]Orlando[/td] [td]61[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]380[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rudy Gay[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]167[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LaMarcus Aldridge[/td] [td]Portland[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]128[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Al Jefferson[/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]100[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rajon Rondo[/td] [td]Boston[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]77[/td] [/tr][/table]

Turk came out of nowhere this year- making a big leap like that, 8 or so years into his career is
pimp.gif

He's the definition of an Improved Player. He went from bench player to role playing starter to one of top SFs in the league (yes, I said it). He runs thepoint a good amount, and the offense runs through him late in games.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

Yea he deserves it...it seems like he started frying out of no where

Yeah, all of a sudden dude is droppin' 20, 6, and 5 every night. Well deserved.

^ What are you talking about. IM PISSED that Jose didnt win.

*insert angry face and four letter word here*

Nah, Turk deserved every bit of the award this year. Congrats to him. He was really the most deserving.

pimp.gif
shoulda been an all-star, I'm glad they got this one right.
I'll be at the game tonight, to watch them knock out them WNBA Raptors

NOW ALL THEY NEED TO DO IS HAVE RASHARD LEWIS SWITCH CONTRACTS WITH HIM! (In caps for emphasis lol.. I'm serious!)

Back
Top Bottom