Help! 2009 Nubuck 12 Cracked Carbon Fiber Question W/pics

Just noticed this the last time I wore them.  It doesn't hurt or anything, and I just wear these a few times a year.  Normal wear and tear stuff.  But here are my questions:
1- Is this even "real carbon fiber"?  I mean, it looks painted.  Anyone know whats up with it?

2- Look at the production tab.  The 2 yr "limited warranty" just expired in Feb.  AND I still want to wear them, they are one of my favorites!

3- Any way to fix them, or prevent them from getting any worse?  What do I do?

r2kwuw.jpg

izxo53.jpg

izxo53.jpg

14uiec7.jpg

34s4i0n.jpg

Just noticed this the last time I wore them.  It doesn't hurt or anything, and I just wear these a few times a year.  Normal wear and tear stuff.  But here are my questions:
1- Is this even "real carbon fiber"?  I mean, it looks painted.  Anyone know whats up with it?

2- Look at the production tab.  The 2 yr "limited warranty" just expired in Feb.  AND I still want to wear them, they are one of my favorites!

3- Any way to fix them, or prevent them from getting any worse?  What do I do?

r2kwuw.jpg

izxo53.jpg

izxo53.jpg

14uiec7.jpg

34s4i0n.jpg

there is a post stickied at the top of the forum where you can find advice on how to care/maintain sneakers

there is a post stickied at the top of the forum where you can find advice on how to care/maintain sneakers

Yes, it is real carbon fiber. Same thing happened on my first wearing of the white/red 12's. Luckily I noticed it and returned them for another pair before they were sold out.

Yes, it is real carbon fiber. Same thing happened on my first wearing of the white/red 12's. Luckily I noticed it and returned them for another pair before they were sold out.

Originally Posted by crup a holic

How does this happen if it's real? Am I just fat?

carbon fiber is very very strong so no its not because your fat
laugh.gif
can happen to someone who weighs 135lbs

Originally Posted by crup a holic

How does this happen if it's real? Am I just fat?

carbon fiber is very very strong so no its not because your fat
laugh.gif
can happen to someone who weighs 135lbs

Damn, that's horrible. I hope the same thing won't happen to the XIIs when they retro next summer.

Damn, that's horrible. I hope the same thing won't happen to the XIIs when they retro next summer.

Same thing happened to my rising sun XII's. Took them back to FL as I still had the receipt but didn't have any left so I got a pair of white/blue IX's as a replacement.

Mine happened after playing ball in them.

Same thing happened to my rising sun XII's. Took them back to FL as I still had the receipt but didn't have any left so I got a pair of white/blue IX's as a replacement.

Mine happened after playing ball in them.

Shows you the quality of these new Jordans. Price keeps rising while quality and comfort keeps decreasing at every release.
tired.gif

Shows you the quality of these new Jordans. Price keeps rising while quality and comfort keeps decreasing at every release.
tired.gif

Carbon fibre is very strong, but if you're thinking of automotive applications....don't.

The carbon you see on J's is a VERY thin little plate put on there for aesthetics only. Easily cracked when enough pressure is applied.

Carbon fibre is very strong, but if you're thinking of automotive applications....don't.

The carbon you see on J's is a VERY thin little plate put on there for aesthetics only. Easily cracked when enough pressure is applied.

Those are done. Best thing to do, go to nike and hope that they give you a voucher. Be very nice. It helps.

Back
Top Bottom