help from Boston cats

What's up y'all,
I'm here in Boston for the next few days, and wanted to know where's the best place to cop sneakers? I visited downtown crossing yesterday (didn'tfind any good deals though), and tomorrow I'll probably hit up the galleria in Cambridge. I'm staying in a place called Somerville and only haveaccess to public transportation. If anyone could offer any advice, it would be much appreciated. 1

PS. Where is Bodega located, and how are the prices there?

go to the tannery in harvard square (in cambridge--take the redline) and go to a couple spots on harvard ave. (in allston brighton--take the green line).

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

What's up y'all,
I'm here in Boston for the next few days, and wanted to know where's the best place to cop sneakers? I visited downtown crossing yesterday (didn't find any good deals though), and tomorrow I'll probably hit up the galleria in Cambridge. I'm staying in a place called Somerville and only have access to public transportation. If anyone could offer any advice, it would be much appreciated. 1

PS. Where is Bodega located, and how are the prices there?
I'm gonna be in the somerville area today...Medford to be specific. Going back to my alma mater to hit on freshmen.
pimp.gif

check out bodega... you have to go to this one machine and it opens up if you touch it in a cirtain place and it leads yo to the basement.... keep in mind onthe outside it looks like some regular stores

Sorry bro, what is the tannery? Is that the name of the store, the street, or the area? Also on Harvard Ave, what other streets intersect the spots where theshops are at?

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

check out bodega... you have to go to this one machine and it opens up if you touch it in a cirtain place and it leads yo to the basement.... keep in mind on the outside it looks like some regular stores

How are the prices there though? I'm not big on dropping big money for exclusives.

The prices at Bodega aren't too bad. All sneakers in Boston are really around the same price.

There is a Niketown & Puma Store on Newbury St.

Laced, which is located on Columbus Ave off Mass Ave (passed Bdga if you take a left off Clearway)

Concepts/Tannery in Harvard Square

Few shops in Allston - Lab, AWOL, Re-Up
..all I can remember now

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

check out bodega... you have to go to this one machine and it opens up if you touch it in a cirtain place and it leads yo to the basement.... keep in mind on the outside it looks like some regular stores
laugh.gif
sounds like you just heard about it from someone

1) when you approach the machine there's a tile on the floor and it opens
2) it slides and there's the store....no basement or stairs involved-

my new favorite sneaker store in boston is x-squared. its across from niketown on newbury st.....concepts in harvard square is a must. bodega gets goodreleases, but for the most part selection is poor and nothings ever on sale unless its one of their sale events. downtowns got a few spots includingexpressions.

I appreciate the help NT. I'm definitely gonna hit most of these spots. If they're wack though, I'ma let y'all know.

Yesterday I hit up the sneaker spots on Newbury but wasn't too impressed. Selection was not too good but the prices weren't outrageous. I did grab abunch of Polo sweaters from Lord & Taylors (I have never even heard of the store prior) for cheap. Today I'll be heading out to Bodega and the spotsaround Harvard sq. I'll let y'all know when I'm back.

Never heard of Lord and Taylors? Damn you must live in the middle of nowhere or something.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Never heard of Lord and Taylors? Damn you must live in the middle of nowhere or something.
haha for real!!! i thought they were all over the place. what were the prices looking like on the sweaters?

lol @ basement in bodega......

if u was on newbury st u could've gone to bodega, and laced. in boston all these stores are pretty close to eachother. if u drive u can visit all theseplaces.

dont forget karmaloopb and ATB.

Originally Posted by YoungKD3

lol @ basement in bodega......

if u was on newbury st u could've gone to bodega, and laced. in boston all these stores are pretty close to eachother. if u drive u can visit all these places.

dont forget karmaloopb and ATB.
where is atb, how do i get there by t?

Originally Posted by knockboot36

Originally Posted by Biggie62

haha for real!!! i thought they were all over the place. what were the prices looking like on the sweaters?
The crew neck sweaters were on clearance for $32. I got an extra 15% off by signing up for their credit card.

Good looking out NT. I hit up every spot that was recommended except for those in Allston. Also, Laced happened to be closed at 3 in the afternoon for somereason. Didn't cop any kicks for myself, but grabbed a pair of blue and gray air trainer III's for my homeboy jbv1 for $90 at Bodega. Again, I thankevery cat on here for the input that y'all provided.

What' up y'all,
I'm back in Boston and wanted to know if there are any good malls besides the galleria in Cambridge? Also, where are the best spots to cop Polo right now?Your info is very much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom