help i got hives

never had this before in my life bout to go to the doc next week tips to relieve the itch? bout to take a cold shower

thing is im recovering from a cold, in addition ive notice mosquito bites...............never in my 24 years have i had hives....random itching at night

Yup, usually something in your enviornment triggers that allergic response.

Whether its seafood, pork, cats, dust - etc some people are more sensitive than others.

Take some Benadryl and calamine yourself up, and within 30mins you'll knock out thanks to the Benadryl (and hives will slowly dissapear).

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Whether its seafood, pork, cats, dust - etc some people are more sensitive than others.

Take some Benadryl and calamine yourself up, and within 30mins you'll knock out thanks to the Benadryl (and hives will slowly dissapear).

I love antihistamines.
pimp.gif

ive been taking hot showers ever since i got hives because it soothes the itch, today i found out it helps them re occur...i just now finished a coldshower-hated it

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I love antihistamines.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
yup, but limit your usage its been linked to Alzheimers
sick.gif
OP trust me get some benadryl + calamine and you'll be comfortable within 30mins. But Isuggest you go to your Doctor first thing Monday to find out what triggers your hives - hopefully it isn't attributed to that cold you have.

Man, Ive been having this the last 2 months. Before that, I have never had any outbreaks. I had two pretty severe cases where my entire front body, neck,scalp, parts of my arm, groin, behind my knees were all affected. Probably one of the most horrifying thing Ive seen. And it seems to only happen during sleep.Id wake up early in the morning with pain/itch. Antihistamines does seem to help relieve the itch. Taking cold showers helps alot too. I still dont know whatis causing it.

Is it possible if you could post pics of the affected area or describe what it looks like? Im getting these raised bumps that kinda spreads to form one largearea. Its usually in a line or just the entire area is affected (this for the body only). With my arms and behind the knees, its actually a large bump, kindalike a mosquito bite but bigger. Then, the surrounding area is red and warm to the touch.

Honestly, im not sure if it is hives, but I cant think of anything else...

I've had hive for about 2 years now and when I first got it my doctor said it was seasonal. Turns out it wasn't and I have to live with it. Doctorprescribed me with Cyproheptadine 4mg tablets and they do the trick. Ask your doctor about it.

I get them when my body over heats........ I take benadryl before I work out or play basketball......it prevents it from happening

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Man, Ive been having this the last 2 months. Before that, I have never had any outbreaks. I had two pretty severe cases where my entire front body, neck, scalp, parts of my arm, groin, behind my knees were all affected. Probably one of the most horrifying thing Ive seen. And it seems to only happen during sleep. Id wake up early in the morning with pain/itch. Antihistamines does seem to help relieve the itch. Taking cold showers helps alot too. I still dont know what is causing it.

Is it possible if you could post pics of the affected area or describe what it looks like? Im getting these raised bumps that kinda spreads to form one large area. Its usually in a line or just the entire area is affected (this for the body only). With my arms and behind the knees, its actually a large bump, kinda like a mosquito bite but bigger. Then, the surrounding area is red and warm to the touch.

Son, listen to me when you say it "forms in a line" that is a classic symptom of Scabies. It is caused by an itch mite and they do come at nightbecause of the warmth or something like that. Scabies are very serious, I'm a Registered Nurse and any outbreak we have at the hospital is VERY serious. Isuggest you wash everything with VERY HOT water, and I mean everything. If you still have it, I suggest going to the ER to be treated ASAP. Any questions PMme.

im paranoid so i thought i had bed bugs so i washed all my sheets, not the problem i know its hives because i was chilling watching a movie and bumps appearedon my wrist.....ive never had hives in my life before either.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Man, Ive been having this the last 2 months. Before that, I have never had any outbreaks. I had two pretty severe cases where my entire front body, neck, scalp, parts of my arm, groin, behind my knees were all affected. Probably one of the most horrifying thing Ive seen. And it seems to only happen during sleep. Id wake up early in the morning with pain/itch. Antihistamines does seem to help relieve the itch. Taking cold showers helps alot too. I still dont know what is causing it.

Is it possible if you could post pics of the affected area or describe what it looks like? Im getting these raised bumps that kinda spreads to form one large area. Its usually in a line or just the entire area is affected (this for the body only). With my arms and behind the knees, its actually a large bump, kinda like a mosquito bite but bigger. Then, the surrounding area is red and warm to the touch.

Son, listen to me when you say it "forms in a line" that is a classic symptom of Scabies. It is caused by an itch mite and they do come at night because of the warmth or something like that. Scabies are very serious, I'm a Registered Nurse and any outbreak we have at the hospital is VERY serious. I suggest you wash everything with VERY HOT water, and I mean everything. If you still have it, I suggest going to the ER to be treated ASAP. Any questions PM me.
I searched for pictures of scabies and it doesnt look anything like what I have. To describe it some more, it looks more like welts. Check it outon Google.

And also, it doesnt happen everyday. Seems to happen every 2-3 days. I went a week without any outbreaks once. Very random.

Ok, just make sure.

I'd suggest going to the doctor / ER either way.

The symptoms you've told me sound like scabies to me - because it does last months to years.

So get treated properly.

Back
Top Bottom