Help in finding PS3 slim in bay area (120 GB).....

Would any of you know any stores anywhere in the bay area that would have the PS3 slim available in 120 GB? I've been looking around for a little over a week now and all Gamestops, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Frys are all out.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Best Buys are on order, so I don't know when they're coming. I work on Thursday, but I think they might hold them for Sunday's Ad. I saw one at Target in Fremont the other day, but it's gone. I would just recommend checking the stores every couple of days. No need to check Best Buy's cause every store in the Bay is out (unless they get a return).

why such a ps3 shortage? I couldn't find one either and i called around, but eventually found one two weeks ago. They told me they just received a new shipment when i copped it. PM me ill let you know where i got mine. Lurkers might snatch em before you get there
laugh.gif

i just saw ONE at Target on Capitol Xpressway and Silver creek road...why the shortage though? i remember when stores were hoping they would sell 2 years ago but now im seeing these things fly off the shelves hahaha. reminds me of when the wii released and you can make a quick 150-200 over CL if u ever found one in stock

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

why the shortage?

consumers are probably buying them up since the price drop. they've been putting more money into their advertisements about their games, which leads to people buying. sony is really flexing their old school muscle they had in the mid 90s when they first came out and dominated. my personal opinion is that a lot of people are upset with microsoft and the garbage systems they put out. don't get me wrong, i don't mean garbage as in the games and such..but their software/hardware..all the issues the xbox has/had is what im talking about. the overheating, red ring of death, etc. consumers are probably looking for something more reliable..? just my opinion. 

Originally Posted by Daver

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

why the shortage?

consumers are probably buying them up since the price drop. they've been putting more money into their advertisements about their games, which leads to people buying. sony is really flexing their old school muscle they had in the mid 90s when they first came out and dominated. my personal opinion is that a lot of people are upset with microsoft and the garbage systems they put out. don't get me wrong, i don't mean garbage as in the games and such..but their software/hardware..all the issues the xbox has/had is what im talking about. the overheating, red ring of death, etc. consumers are probably looking for something more reliable..? just my opinion. 
Basically just described my situation. I was really appalled to find so many stores sold out. The one I got 2 days ago was the last one at Wal-mart in Union Landing. Dont bother going to that wal-mart or Best Buy. Both are out. 

The shortage started after the black friday sale. We had a bunch, but after they were gone, we never really got a huge shipment again. I would say a little before Christmas. When we do get them in, people buy them all cause they are hard to find, so we are sold out for another 2 weeks.

around the time of black friday, i even had trouble trying to find a slim 120gb and i live in sacramento. went to walmart, bestbuys, gamestop...ended up with the 250gb.

Best Buy
SF-9
EPA-9
Sunnyvale 7
Mountain View 6
San Jose 7

I don't know if we are holding them for the ad so just call if you're by one of these stores and ask if they are selling ps3's right now.

Back
Top Bottom