Help me choose a new tablet NT

I'm thinking about getting an iPad mini cause I need it for one of my summer classes. Y'all think 16gb is enough or should I go 32gb instead?

I'm thinking about getting an iPad mini cause I need it for one of my summer classes. Y'all think 16gb is enough or should I go 32gb instead?

Depends if you plan on storing docs or downloading apps. I mainly use mine to take a few notes and read docs or text books. I still use my IMac for papers. I think you'll b e fine with 16gb.

I watched Unfaithful on the Nexus last week 
devil.gif
, I used to make Power Point presentations last year with it, I have a keyboard and stand for it, I've purchased dozens of books for it and they all read magnificently. Netflix, Kindle App, Microsoft, and about any other app you need from Google Apps.

I have a mini USB converter too with a 32 gig flash drive that cost me $4 on Amazon ...cloud storage my ***.

Why buy an iPad mini for a few hundred dollars more?  (see comment section)

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/05/23/ipad-mini-2-vs-new-nexus-7-tablet-price-the-major-factor/

Why do you need the rear camera op?
Nexus 7 would be good enough for your needs besides that.
You could probably buy a decent cheap point and shoot with the difference between the iPad mini & nexus 7.
Planning to use this device for school.
Last semester almost all my professors wanted us to bring the textbook to class and books were heavy and I was on that freshmen backpack steez.
I want a rear cam to take pics of pages of the chapter so that i can use that instead of carrying around all my textbooks.

Nexus had a front cam and taking pics on that wouldn't be as efficient compared to a device that has a back cam as well

You dont have anything else to take pics with?
You could just transfer the pics from a smart phone to the nexus 7 using dropbox or similar app.

my recommendations

1.ipad (all around great)

2. ipad mini (same except smaller)

3. kindle fire (great bang for your buck)

4. nook (good for readers)

i dont mess with android. To much stories about their negatives.

Didn't read thread, get yourself an N7 and then pat yourself on the back for a wise decision.

Sent from my Nexus 7, *****

At end of day for the basic functions you want either will work.

If you own any movies or purchases on your phone from Google or Apple app store, may want to just pick based on that.

Tbh, with exception of rear camera, you could get a $200 netbook/chromebook and do it all.

I have an ipad.

but I'm looking to cop my girl a new tablet. She wants something the size of the ipad mini cause it'll fit into her hand bag. And ideally she wants a samsung cause it'll match her Galaxy4S that she's about to scoop. But from some of the forums I've read, the new Galaxy Tab 3 doesn't look so great. I've only ever used the Galaxy 10.1 in store, but I think that's too big.

Which Samsung smaller tab is the one to pick up?

I have an ipad.

but I'm looking to cop my girl a new tablet. She wants something the size of the ipad mini cause it'll fit into her hand bag. And ideally she wants a samsung cause it'll match her Galaxy4S that she's about to scoop. But from some of the forums I've read, the new Galaxy Tab 3 doesn't look so great. I've only ever used the Galaxy 10.1 in store, but I think that's too big.

Nexus 7 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 for $200

I have an ipad.

Nexus 7 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 for $200

Note 8.0 if you're a baller

Good looking out. I will look at these options. I heard something about the note 8, but forgot it existed.

That looks perfect for OP given the price.
Video on camera quality, should be enough for pics of textbook pages.

I got a used Asus transformer over Christmas. I get people starting at it all the time because of the detachable keyboard. IMO, the form factor is much better than the iPad because it's a true widescreen display instead of the boxy design of the iPad.so I can actually hold it with one hand. Plus, the detachable keyboard i bought with it extends the battery life by about 3 hours and comes with a usb & sd card slot. Not bad for the $360 i paid for it and the seller threw in another 32gb micro sd card with it too, so i've got a 64gb tablet with keyboard for the price of a used 16gb ipad. My only complaint is the wifi card isn't the best, so it doesn't work through walls that great, but I think they've updated them in recent generations.

Any response that isnt Nexus 7 is wrong.
Biggest bang for your buck.

Dont listen to this guy. Getta ipad mini. Best tablet out.

Ive had both the n7 n mini btw... as well as the xoom and full size ipad... again the mini is the best tablet out.

Back
Top Bottom