HELP ME CHOOSE A VEHICLE UNDER $6K

I asked friend with Cherokee and he said he never has problems but when I did my research their maintenance is more the Chevy or Honda

I asked friend with Cherokee and he said he never has problems but when I did my research their maintenance is more the Chevy or Honda

Are you talking about Grand Cherokees or Cherokees? The Cherokees are very reliable. They use the bulletproof 4.0L V6 that a lot of Jeep heads love. Not uncommon to see these go past 350k miles. Grand Cherokees i don't know too much about. I've been tempted to buy an old XJ Cherokee for off roading but haven't done it yet.

I was talking about a 2006 Cherokee jeep. It's rides fine he says and isn't that much maintenance. But when something goes wrong he will shell out more then of he had impala or civic.

Use th 6k for a down payment.....you need a safe reliable car if it's for your expecting wife. Don't buy a clunker with out of warranty issues.

Early 2000s Subaru Forester

E34 BMW 5 series

Older Volvo 740/240 wagon

I know people usually don't like the idea of leasing, but why not lease? You'll have something new, reliable, and stay in warranty. Or use the 6k on a down payment to buy something newer

I think Cherokees have an issue, where their fuel tank blows up like the godfather, if there is rear impact. Research this if you are considering one.

Like other have said dont buy trash. It'll end up just making things worse. Use that as a down payment or something

Do not get a damn Grand Cherokee, them things are a money pit.  Look into a 04ish Accord/Altima. 

with 6 grand?

laugh.gif
Not sure why is this funny - I sold my 04 Acura TL with 176K for 6500. The dude that has it now, replaced the ****** at 250K (rare because 04-05 have suspect ******), but it is possible!

The only reason I sold it because my wife did not want the 04, she wanted my 08 Type S - So I gave it to her and bought me a GS350. I would of have kept it because the car is reliable.

Last edited:
Yeah, OP should buy a TL or TSX with 150k+ miles.

eyes.gif
I didn't recommend the vehicle - I just stated it's possible to find TL's for 6K or so.

It's funny that you shrug at a Honda motor vehicle because it has 150k+ miles.

I guess everyone say Honda's last for ever just to say it .. not because they actually last you for ever ...

Back
Top Bottom