Help Me Get Buff NikeTalk S&T **1 MONTH COMPLETED** .... Vol. Come on in RyGuy, Mez, etc.

Muscle Milk is over-priced and overall just not a good protein shake, lots of sugars and dairy.

Look into Perfect Zero Carb Isopure protein powder, its a bit pricey but you can find sales at times and you get what you pay for, one small scoop alone is 25g of protein....look for one with no flavor and invest in one of those Oster Personal Blenders:

Amazon product ASIN B004P2OLB8
I throw 2 scoops, frozen fruits in there (you can buy at whole foods for cheap, with either apple juice or orange juice.....delicious.

40 minutes is fine if you're not sitting on your %+@, the longest I stay is for an hour just to build up a quick sweat and stretch before I left. I tend to super set always so that def cuts your time at the gym some.

...I am slacking though, haven't gone for about two weeks and when I did I did some half assed workouts
sick.gif
...I need some motivation

I was once similar to your build, but now bigger in certain areas because I've been in the gym for over a year now. I recently signed up at a new gym after my membership ran out at my previous one, haven't looked back since. Love the new gym, I feel motivated and everything.

Make sure you stretch after your sets/reps and workout in general.

This will be a good thread to follow to see progress.

The Muscle Milk I drank has 0 grams of sugar I just checked, but you're talking in generalizations so yeah I see your point.

You talking about this? http://www.amazon.com/NAT...99443&sr=1-2-catcorr

Would a regular GNC shaker bottle with the mixing ball or whatever do the job just as well or nah? Not sure if I'm going to be mixing bananas/other fruit, limited ways to really go out and get that stuff at this point
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Son, thank you so much for making this thread (dead serious).
pimp.gif

If some average Joe who's never lifted can get serious and dedicated about this, then I have no excuses.
laugh.gif
(no shots whatsoever).

I'm seriously starting P90X tonight more motivated than I've ever been to finish all 90 days.  Monday is the best day to start and I'll be done just in time for New Years.
pimp.gif

I've effed around w/ it twice and never gone longer than 3 weeks w/ it for whatever reason (not because of physical limitations).  Just got *%$$+#* lazy/didn't make enough time.

Lets keep the progress in here (have our own little S&T training thread like the Movie thread).
laugh.gif

Hell, we're in S&T as I type this.  @#*% the naysayers.
laugh.gif

Come January 1st, me and JPZ are gonna be up in here shirtless showing off our hard work for all to see.
pimp.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Just finished the second day.

Got into the gym around 6:30 AM (that won't be happening often
laugh.gif
) worked out until about 7:30.

-Chest Press
-Bicep Curls
-Back Extension
-Barbell Bench Press
-Abs w/ medicine ball
-Ran a quick mile on the treadmill to finish up

Just drank a protein shake... brand was GNC Amplified Whey Protein 60. After the protein shake I downed some canned peaches, scrambled eggs, and OJ.

Feels good to get today out of the way before I've done anything else.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

...I am slacking though, haven't gone for about two weeks and when I did I did some half assed workouts
sick.gif
...I need some�motivation
I got you.

OP so are you sore? Areyou also going to squat's and deadlift?

lulz at the video, going to have to watch that again when I get out of work.

JPZ yea that's the one.

Those blender cups are good as well especially if you drink while working, but after a workout and when I'm home I treat myself to a smoothie/protein shake, delicious.

This thread has me motivated to finish my house so I can utilize the workout room I plan on designating.

You won't gain any muscle eating canned peaches. But I'm assuming you're eating around 3,000 calories a day?

Just found a new love for Greek Yogurt. 0 grams fat with 15 G of Protein per serving
pimp.gif

The negative points about Muscle Milk are warranted, but you could use it with your current frame. The extra "bad" sugars/contents are over-hyped. Yes, MM is overpriced but it should help you put on weight if you're willing to take 3 shakes a day consistently. 
Start a bulking phase. High weight, low reps. Try to eat close to 5 smaller meals a day.

Snacks: Peanut butter, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt (Chobani). 

Food (protein): Chicken and tuna.

Food (carbs): Brown rice and whole wheat pasta.

Incorporate fruits and veggies throughout the day for general nutrition purposes. 

Ran a quick mile on the treadmill to finish up

If youre 160lbs soaking wet and trying to put on some size, you have no business running a mile after you lift. If anything, do a light cardio on the days you dont lift.Just trying to be helpful.

You should do at least SOME running, cardio goes a long way when it comes to endurance and helps with your weight lifting workouts and overall health....even if its just a mile which is not much.

Just make sure you keep eating.

^ Yeah, I'll keep eating, but don't I need to be a tad careful with that? I keep hearing eat 4-5x a day, but like I don't want to gain unecessary fat. I'm not sure I'll be able to toe the line between the two, ya know?

i want to blow this thread up... word to timothy mcveigh

seriously... head over to the BB forums or spend half a second in the 900 pg stay n shape thread

mods we really not lockin this?

He probably would not have gotten a response in the 900 page thread, I don't see why this bothers you so much.

JPZ, as long as you're eating healthy and GOOD carbs you should not have to worry. You'd be shocked how many calories you burn just from weight lifting alone, a heart rate monitor would be a good investment for you.

Make sure you stretch stretch and stretch some more, you want to gain strength along with flexibility, you don't want to be a meat head with no balance especially when doing more advanced workouts like full power cleans and such (down the line).

^ Good tip on the stretching/flexibility.

Okay so good carbs, like whole grains, vegetables, fruits, andbeans. I gotcha I gotcha.

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ Yeah, I'll keep eating, but don't I need to be a tad careful with that? I keep hearing eat 4-5x a day, but like I don't want to gain unecessary fat. I'm not sure I'll be able to toe the line between the two, ya know?
Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner.

You can eat the same amount of Calories/Fat as you would in a normal 3 meal a day diet that you can in a 5 meal a day diet. It's not really that much.

But if you ever wanna get on the Larry Holmes flabby diet lemme know
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

i want to blow this thread up... word to timothy mcveigh

seriously... head over to the BB forums or spend half a second in the 900 pg stay n shape thread

mods we really not lockin this?

laugh.gif
Shutup. This is sports & TRAINING. If anything, this is where a post like this belongs.

I really hope my version of Niketalk is messed up because I came into this thread hoping to see some shirtless pics and I see none.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom