help needed choosing a goretex spray

most of the ones ive seen said to wash it first then iron after i spray it and it dries. the problem is with my jacket i cant wash, dry, dryclean, iron, etc.
tumblr_kwgkvvgEJA1qzxsbxo1_500.jpg

Dry clean the jacket. Make sure they don't wash it but rather treat it with the cleaning solution.

Then apply the spray.

Does it need reproofed?

If not you can just spot clean it with a sponge.

The problem with the cleaning is that you need to get all the detergent out before you can proof it - that's why you get the special detergent in the twinpack - partly to wash out the old proofing and partly because it rinses out thoroughly.

You'd probably be okay washing it on a gentle cycle - the main reason you can't wash it is because it ruins the waterproofing.

Then rinse it with the reproofing stuff then tumble dry it for about 30 mins - I find that works better than ironing.

It's supersatisfying after you've done it too - put it on and pour some water down your sleeves - it's cool how it just beads up and runs off.

yeah it just needs reproofing. the jacket is satin lined thats why im scared to put it in the wash and dryer.

Just make sure you do all the zips and stick down all the velcro - I've forgotten that before and the velco can make a mess of the lining.

Back
Top Bottom