Help on the way? As Thunder's Smith nears buyout, a 'surprise' name may interest Cavaliers

Well Kings are talking about a buyout with Gooden....

roll.gif

"From what I just gathered from a phone call I just had with a person who should be pretty up to date on where things stand right now ....it looks likeall system's are pretty much go for Joe Smith to be ready to join the Cavs around Wednesday of this coming week.

Pretty much all hurdles have been crossed and financial aspacts agreed upon. Not sure when the announcement should be coming down the chute, but, what I wastold is that it looked like all the figures jived, and we're set to acquire Joe Smith.

I asked if any other news besides that could be forthcoming, hinting about any other players, and he didn't have anything to add to just Joe Smith. I guesswe have had other coversations going on, but, as of 15 minutes ago, everything was centered on Joe Smith being the guy that joins the Cavs..

So, that's what I've got ...nothing on Rasheed mentioned, but, I didn't even bring up his name, left that for him to offer, and he did not offeranything but the name Joe Smith, and it looks great ...all system's go for him to join us.

Oh WAIT, he did offer up that Fegan and Ferry's relationship is 200% better than it was last year at this time ...good news for people that want to see AVremain a Cav ...

THAT WHAT I GOT ... Looks like Joe's our guy, folks."

Sacramento has reportedly had discussions with veteran forward Drew Gooden regarding a possible buyout.

Gooden's ability to join a contender will close on Sunday night.

If the rumors are true, San Antonio and Cleveland are expected to show interest in the forward.

Like I thought
grin.gif

just got the espn text that joe smith and the thunder reached a buyout agreement and he will be waived tomorrow

joe hands down

dru is slow in the head for real. he might have 20/10 one night then 3/3 the next on 1-7 shooting

joe might only give you 7 or 8 pts a game and a few boards but hes reliable

dont make dumb comments if you dont know what youre talking about. joe will help the bench immensely

Originally Posted by belle155

joe hands down

dru is slow in the head for real. he might have 20/10 one night then 3/3 the next on 1-7 shooting

dont make dumb comments if you dont know what youre talking about. joe will help the bench immensely

yea since ben is out we can get some few defensive stops from joe

Originally Posted by belle155

joe hands down

almost every move in the book. And cant finish none of them.

Hickson will make noise in the playoffs in a sparkplug role, but they need Joe Smith's veteran leadership and solid play he brings.

Back
Top Bottom