Help on trying to get my girl a North Face backpack for her to use for school.

putting in work

Supporter
Like the title states I'm trying to get/order a North Face bookbag/backpack or whatever you kids are calling it these days.

I went to their website, but I can't make up my mind.

I don't think she would mind if it's men's or women's neither would I.

She carries a purse with her books in her hand and she needs something to hold her laptop in so I figured a North Face bookbag would solve the problem althoughshe doesn't like the idea of a female wearing a bookbag.

The laptop is not more than 15 inches I think.

I was hoping NT'ers with these bookbags could/can chime in.

She came by with her little brother's North Face, but I didn't catch the name of it.

I don't want her to have those really big camping bags that have like a hydration pack, folds into a bed or anything like that.

Something common or so around the size I see most school kids with on the train.

Isabella
2249-196866-d.jpg

Pandora
13822-ASP_m.jpg

Yavapai
5007-448472-d.jpg

Lol at folding into a bed

or u can hook her up real good
U know its valentimes day real soon
Hook her up with somethin FRESH
Gucci Messenger bag
$1500 on bluefly
prodImage.ms

eqzoom.ms

Originally Posted by NYfly1

Isabella
2249-196866-d.jpg

Gucci Messenger bag
$1500 on bluefly
prodImage.ms

eqzoom.ms

Do NOT get the Isabella. Nothing can fit in it... My boyfriend suggested it for me a while back and I've never used it becasue I can't fitanything in it, let along a laptop. The messenger bag is a good idea, or a tote. You'll need to find out from her what she prefers as far asstyle/design.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Originally Posted by NYfly1

Isabella
2249-196866-d.jpg

Gucci Messenger bag
$1500 on bluefly
prodImage.ms

eqzoom.ms

Do NOT get the Isabella. Nothing can fit in it... My boyfriend suggested it for me a while back and I've never used it becasue I can't fit anything in it, let along a laptop. The messenger bag is a good idea, or a tote. You'll need to find out from her what she prefers as far as style/design.

That's the thing Fanatic, I was trying to make it a little starter gift for her for V-Day's.

She came through the other day with her little brother's North Face and seemed to like it a little, but I didn't get the name of it.

To dude who asked for pics...not even worth it she's mad busted you, or the rest of NT, would never approve of her. Horse face all that I'm doing youa favor by not posting pics.

Why don't you just call her little brother & simply ask him the model of his bag? And get her a different color or whatever.

Originally Posted by Capo617

Why don't you just call her little brother & simply ask him the model of his bag? And get her a different color or whatever.

We don't talk or get along at all.

I'm still salty he threw red gatorade on my brand new retro VIII's in white a couple of years ago when I bought them on release day...they were ruinedafter that.

He also stay C-blocking everytime me and her trying to chill or enjoy ourselves. He's mad annoying man.

Before I do that I would straight ask her. I have to much pride and will take a grudge into the afterlife.

Good idea. Or ask her friends what she may be wanting. but you know her more than we do, what design types and styles does she like? Would she prefer abackpack over a tote or messenger bag (even if YOU wouldn't want that)? Go w/ her style.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

That's the thing Fanatic, I was trying to make it a little starter gift for her for V-Day's.

She came through the other day with her little brother's North Face and seemed to like it a little, but I didn't get the name of it.

To dude who asked for pics...not even worth it she's mad busted you, or the rest of NT, would never approve of her. Horse face all that I'm doing you a favor by not posting pics.

So you are wanting it to be a secret? Keeping it a secret is less important than getting her something she can/will actually use. You know? Becasue likein my situation, I never used the back, EVER.

Especially if it's a starter gift and you have something else planned. but thats just my opinion.

Good idea. Or ask her friends what she may be wanting. but you know her more than we do, what design types and styles does she like? Would she prefer a backpack over a tote or messenger bag (even if YOU wouldn't want that)? Go w/ her style.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

To dude who asked for pics...not even worth it she's mad busted you, or the rest of NT, would never approve of her. Horse face all that I'm doing you a favor by not posting pics.

So you are wanting it to be a secret? Keeping it a secret is less important than getting her something she can/will actually use. You know. Especially if it's a starter gift and you have something else planned. but thats just my opinion.

I know but I still don't want her to know. The bag will be filled with other little stuff that she could use you know, but nothing like reallyexpensive.

I don't know what the big gift will be though, but I'm still working on it.

I'm like a dunker on a fast break, I don't know what I will do until the time comes.

Besides, she gets stuff out of me man. I don't know how, but she picks my brain and mouth.

Other basic gifts include the usual flowers and chocolate.

It's just that I want to do something nice for her because last year she went out for me with these expensive chocolates that had writing on them andgot me expensive teddy bear's and stuff.

But, I had food poisioning so I didn't get to return the favor until the weekend, but it was nowhere near what she did for me.

I gotta make up for it this year. She also went all out for my Birthday and way out for Christmas, but she's going to get mad if I do the same sayingthat I shouldn't be wasting my money on her like that
eyes.gif

Get her a decent leather messenger bag with a laptop slot. Northfaces can get too bulky.

Get her the Hot Shot I got mine like 3 weeks ago and its really good IMHO. Also the Recon those are really good

despite their practicality you don't see many high school/college women using backpacks. They tend to prefer messenger bags/large purses.

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

despite their practicality you don't see many high school/college women using backpacks. They tend to prefer messenger bags/large purses.

This is true. I did the same thing, but went back to a backpack because they really are so much more practical and durable.

^ I see girls with backpacks constantly at school. Generally they rock a backpack with their books/laptop and a purse with all their crap in it.

But on to the question, let me recommend the Recon 2. Classic design and a padded laptop sleve. Even though it hurts my shoulders if I have it on forever inthe city or something, it is the nicest backpack I've ever owned. Perfect for school.

Yo keep em coming.

Fanatic I don't know about the messanger bag.

To me it's just another bigger and more squarer purse type baggy thing that women use.

She'll still have her purse with her for all of that other crap.

I'm going to go check out the site and post up some that I like, but Fanatic you're right I can't base it off on what I like because it's forher.

But, I can't take her to get it and she get's mad when I just give her money to go buy whatever she wants because she say's it doesn't matterwhat I get her how little or cheap as long as I picked it out and some other stuff about meaning behind it and some other mushy stuff that made me have to gowatch 300 real quick.

Backpacks are A LOT more comfortable then carrying around your laptop in a big purse or messenger bag. I like both. I just plan according to how long I plan oncarrying around my laptop/books.

Like Fanatic said though, I would be really hesitant about buying her something expensive that she may never use. I know that your gift idea sounds really neatand you love it, but also like Fanatic said it's not about you it's about her and her wants/needs. She might just better use a sleeve for her laptopthat she can stick in whatever she's using now or that she can use in a cutesy more girly backpack. If it were me I wouldn't want anything Northface.

Originally Posted by West2East

Backpacks are A LOT more comfortable then carrying around your laptop in a big purse or messenger bag. I like both. I just plan according to how long I plan on carrying around my laptop/books.

Like Fanatic said though, I would be really hesitant about buying her something expensive that she may never use. I know that your gift idea sounds really neat and you love it, but also like Fanatic said it's not about you it's about her and her wants/needs. She might just better use a sleeve for her laptop that she can stick in whatever she's using now or that she can use in a cutesy more girly backpack. If it were me I wouldn't want anything Northface.
Aw man now yall got me second guessing.

its half and half at my school...some girls have the back packs, some have the tote/messenger bags....

i dont understand why your limiting yourself to North Face's...but i would go with the Isabella for a girl...

^ A 15 inch laptop will not fit in there (The Isabella)... It's only 12 inches top to bottom. I could barely fit in my remote lol

Great question though. Why limit yourself to Northface?

^ A 15 inch laptop will not fit in there (The Isabella)... It's only 12 inches top to bottom. I could barely fit in my remote lol

Great question though. Why limit yourself to Northface?
The laptop is 14 inch.

I trust and am comfortable with North Face so I will remain brand loyal. I still have my snorkel from 99 (mind you one of the first NY cats rocking a snorkelbecause everyone else was now getting on the bubble coat) so that's why I respect their brand because I've been nothing but satisfied with all of theproducts that I've bought from them as well as most other's who purchase their products. Plus she has a coat from North Face also, but she'llmostly be coming straight from work to school so she mostly wears those long wooly like trench coats (serves as a blocker for her booty because it is correctand keeps the beasts at bay) that a lot of working class women wear in Manhattan.

Damn I went to the site and I seen a whole bunch, but I don't know which one though. I have to get a tape measurer and start a mock up of the dimensionsor something. I'm on the phone with her (yes after 6 years I still have to fall a sleep on the phone with her), but I don't want to ask her too muchbecause she will become suspicious.

Back
Top Bottom