HELP: Renting a house in London for the Olympics..Brits please help with neighborhoods

I'm going London this summer for the Olympics and need help deciding on a neighborhood to rent a house/flat/apt in. Can anyone that lives in England or has traveled there please give some advice on neighborhoods to target or avoid.

I hear the further West the better, and to avoid going East (i.e. away from Olympic village). Can anyone chime in?

Thanks

anyone with any advice? thanks.

...or if anyone else is going and want to collab on a place. My roommate and I are getting flat for sure.

Bruh I can't offer advice because i've never been to the UK or out of the country for that matter. But this is a
pimp.gif
idea. You have to take pics for us when all of this happens.

Hpefully someone sees this and can give you advice. London has some hoods that definitely should be avoided. Many tourists will be in for a rude awakening. Be smart. 

Tbh -You're probably better off finding somewhere on the outskirts. Everybody in central London is going to be on the same hustle -renting out their spare rooms to tourists for crazy prices.

I mean I don't know what your budget is, but if you're looking to rent somewhere in the West end during the games you're looking at "baller" money.

North and South London will most likely be slightly cheaper. But as for specific neighborhoods it really doesn't matter, there's going to be a huge police presence throughout the games and as long as you you're sensible and just take the same precautions you would take on any other vacation, you'll be fine.

A couple of sites to give you an idea of prices:

http://www.london2012rentals.com/

http://www.rentduringtheg...om/london-2012-olympics/

What's your budget?

Do you have tickets to events and how long are you gonna be in London?

The problem in London is the Tube (the subway) is pretty packed as is and they're expecting problems for the Olympics.

For the most part the most expensive areas are in the West and Central. It'll be slightly cheaper in the North and South, there's one area in the South that's very popular for young graduates to live, it's a little grimey but can be fun. Parts of the East are very up and coming, lots of Hipsters- it's basically a wannabe Brooklyn.

Originally Posted by sneakerlover88

What's your budget?

The problem in London is the Tube (the subway) is pretty packed as is and they're expecting problems for the Olympics.

For the most part the most expensive areas are in the West and Central. It'll be slightly cheaper in the North and South, there's one area in the South that's very popular for young graduates to live, it's a little grimey but can be fun. Parts of the East are very up and coming, lots of Hipsters- it's basically a wannabe Brooklyn.
I think I saw somewhere that they are creating these shuttle type things to improve the infrastructure for the games

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Bruh I can't offer advice because i've never been to the UK or out of the country for that matter. But this is a
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sneakerlover88

What's your budget?

I do have tickets. One of my boys is British and we used his parent's address to get tickets in 2010. So we are good there.
-bball
-wmns beach volleyball
-one day of track & field
-rowing

We are expecting to spend about 2k (US) for the week just in board.

check out airbnb.com

its a great website and resource

used it plenty of times with no problems

very helpful my friend. this saved us some loot off top. Is anyone else going? If so, like I said, we can chill. I've met plenty of US NT'ers and think it would be cool to meet some in the UK.

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

I do have tickets. One of my boys is British and we used his parent's address to get tickets in 2010. So we are good there.
-bball
-wmns beach volleyball
-one day of track & field
-rowing

We are expecting to spend about 2k (US) for the week just in board.
Do you know where the events are?

Volleyball is at Horse Guard's Parade near Buckingham Palace.
Rowing is actually outside London.

Track & Field/Bball will be East.

Since your tickets are split between locations, I don't think you necessarily have to be near the Olympic village or anything.

If I were you, I would try and be as Central as possible. You have a decent budget and it'll be less effort trying to get around at night if you want to go out and it'll be easier getting to the events.

I've never been, but that can't stop me from saying that this sounds like a fun vaca. Be safe mayn!

i hate you so much right now. my gf and i tried to get tickets abt that time but we were unlucky. still going to london though (mid september) so if you find any low key cool spots we should check out, let us know.

Leyton's probably the best place to stay. It's right next to the olympic site. It's on the central line on the underground so you can get anywhere and it's quite safe.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

pimp.gif

Hats off for actually planning and doing this $%$#
pimp.gif

I live 90mins from London and i didn't get past the fleeting idea stage
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom