Help settle an week long argument. Chris Paul v. Steve Nash

For the past week I have been arguing with my friend on the issue of: Who's a Better Point Guard, Chris Paul or Steve Nash, as well as Who's the bestpoint guard in the league RIGHT NOW which is obviously one of these 2. I say Chris Paul wins because is an all around better PG, somewhat reminiscent of ayoung JKidd. According to the '07-'08 stats: CP 20.5 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 10.9 APG and 2.6 SPG. SN 17.3 PPG 3.50, RBG 3.5, 11.7 APG, .8 SPG. We're lookinat best ALL-AROUND. You Decide.

OMG.
tired.gif

No Player A > Player B threads.

1. JKidd
2. CP3
3. Nash
4. Deron/BDiddy

I perspnally think Deron is one of the most under-rated players in the League

Deron is more of a young J-Kidd then Paul...and Nash is better right now, then Kidd, then Paul, then Deron. This season Paul is better but overall i see Paulas only the 4th best pg if that.
overall:
1. Nash
2. J-Kidd
3. Deron
4. Paul
5. Billups/Davis

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I personally think Deron is one of the most under-rated players in the League

Thank you. He is such a match up problem. The only Pg's that can guard him are J-kidd(but a lil slow) Billups and B.Diddy, he is so much bigger thaneveryone else besides those guys, we all saw what happened when Paul tries to guard him....
wink.gif

CP3 is not a better shooter than Nash. Nash's more clutch and his passing is out of this world. CP3, Deron passing is kinda boring for me.
Nash is my fav. pg, I wish he's only 20 something right now.

I hate taking part in these arguments, but:

Shooting - Nash
Passing - Nash
Dribbling - Push
Defense - CP3
Athleticism - CP3
laugh.gif

Rebounding - CP3
Leadership - Push
Clutch - Nash

There is no right answer to this question.

But I'll go with Nash, because I'm biased.

Originally Posted by sw33nskill

Deron is more of a young J-Kidd then Paul...and Nash is better right now, then Kidd, then Paul, then Deron. This season Paul is better but overall i see Paul as only the 4th best pg if that.
overall:
1. Nash
2. J-Kidd
3. Deron
4. Paul
5. Billups/Davis

Sooo if You yourself see Paul as doing better than Deron as of now, and the question is who is the best PG right now, how possibly can Deron be abovePaul?? But, I don't want to get into that b/c the majority already know it's Paul/Williams.. I also would like to know why people put Deron about BaronDavis??

Nash
Kidd
Paul
Baron Davis
Deron Williams

Nash by far. Paul hasn't accomplished anything in the NBA's second season. We'll see how Paul plays in the postseason where it actually counts.

No Player A > Player B threads allowed.

But to close your argument.

Nash.

Nash can score 35 or more whenever he wants. Hes a much better passer. He's clutch. He doesnt avg more rebounds because he really doesnt have to when youhas Stoudemire, Matrix/Shaq, under the hoop.

Nash can score 35 or more whenever he wants. Hes a much better passer. He's clutch. He doesnt avg more rebounds because he really doesnt have to when you has Stoudemire, Matrix/Shaq, under the hoop.
If that's your argument for Nash being better, then that's my argument for Paul being better.

Nash can score 35 or more whenever he wants.
So can Chris Paul.
Hes a much better passer.
No.
He's clutch.
So is Chris Paul.
He doesnt avg more rebounds because he really doesnt have to when you has Stoudemire, Matrix/Shaq, under the hoop.
Tyson Chandler and David West?

Well, that was fun; way to "close this argument".

-Suns/Hornets games THIS SEASON-
Chris Paul - 42 pts, 9 Assists, 5 rebounds, 8 steals, 1 turnover.
Steve Nash - 32pts, 12 Assists, 1 steal, 10 turnovers.

Chris Paul - 21 pts, 10 assists, 2 steals, 1 turnover.
Steve Nash - 12 pts, 7 assists, 2 turnovers.

Chris Paul - 28 pts, 5 reb, 10 assists, 3 steals, 1 turnover.
Steve Nash - 23 pts, 3 reb, 11 assists, 4 turnovers.

And the Hornets have won all three games.

Nash can score 35 or more whenever he wants. Hes a much better passer. He's clutch. He doesnt avg more rebounds because he really doesnt have to when you has Stoudemire, Matrix/Shaq, under the hoop.

See above.

I'd have them as 1a. and 1b. as of right now.

But if I'd have to chose it'd be CP3.

I swear on an everyday basis I see people still putting JKidd as the best point in the league. Why? I don't know. PG play has been excellent this year.

1. CP3
2. Nash
3. Baron
4. Deron Williams
5. Billups
6. Smush
7. JKidd

nerd.gif

Chris Paul is better. He is the better defender by far. Nash has the edge on passing and shooting. But Chris Paul is slightly the better player.

Overall i'd have to say Nash. Son scores seemingly at will and is not selfish at all with the rock. The only advantage CP has is that he has a bit moresize on him, making him more solid and allows him to drive stronger, and for some reason, I feel that Paul has beter leadership qualities. But I feel nash is amore complete PG.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

-Suns/Hornets games THIS SEASON-
Chris Paul - 42 pts, 9 Assists, 5 rebounds, 8 steals, 1 turnover.
Steve Nash - 32pts, 12 Assists, 1 steal, 10 turnovers.

Chris Paul - 21 pts, 10 assists, 2 steals, 1 turnover.
Steve Nash - 12 pts, 7 assists, 2 turnovers.

Chris Paul - 28 pts, 5 reb, 10 assists, 3 steals, 1 turnover.
Steve Nash - 23 pts, 3 reb, 11 assists, 4 turnovers.

And the Hornets have won all three games.

See above.
People should stop replying after reading this post by Chester.

Damn it is a lot of snitchin goin on in this thread.............

But this is a flip of the coin matchup

Back
Top Bottom