Help spotting fake VIII and XII

Hey guys I was going to start looking for a pair of playoff VIII and wht/red XII retros soon and I was wondering if there were any dead give aways to look for as far as spotting fakes in pictures, or if there are any specific picture angles I should ask the seller to send me , I'd like to find some locally but mostlikely i'll have to buy over the web so any info would be greatly appreciated

I have a thread a few posts below yours asking if my red/white XIIs are legit (they are)...you can use my pics for reference if you want.

One usual trait of fake Playoff VIIIs is they have the red pull tab like the OGs.
Also, you should familiarize yourself with the "graffiti" pattern on the plastic side tabs -unlike the tongue pattern on the VIIs for example, it is the same pattern on every pair of VIIIs (CW and year specific) Every fake I've ever seen has the wrong pattern.

Of course, these are merely guidelines -if you have any doubts, it would be best to just post them up in here.

*As for sellers pics...

-Always ask for paper tagged and dated pics

-Side profiles -medial and lateral (shows the whole shape of the shoe)
-Toe cap
-Soles
-Heels
-Tongue
-Insoles
-Shoe production tag
-Box production tag
-Box, accessories etc.

what i look for on 8s is the pull tab on back. on authentics you can clearly see it sticks up high above the back of the shoe and has a big loop, on fakes it isn't nearly as high and has a tiny loop.

Back
Top Bottom