HELP: True Blue III tongue straps

Not sure if this is the right forum but,
i have a pair of 2001 True Blue III's 
and the straps that hold down the tongue inside of the shoe were cut off by the previous owner. It bothers me that the tongue flares out so much b/c the straps are gone.

Is there anyway to hold the tongues down or put straps back into them?

Not sure if this is the right forum but,
i have a pair of 2001 True Blue III's 
and the straps that hold down the tongue inside of the shoe were cut off by the previous owner. It bothers me that the tongue flares out so much b/c the straps are gone.

Is there anyway to hold the tongues down or put straps back into them?

sounds like a long shot to ask for that at a repair 
ohwell.gif

any idea how much it would cost?

I did this to my black cement iii's, yeah regret it....try using a rubber band and wrapping it around your foot and the tongue

I did this to my black cement iii's, yeah regret it....try using a rubber band and wrapping it around your foot and the tongue

i would sell them & get a new pair but these are in pristine/wearable condition 
ohwell.gif

i guess thats the only way though

i would sell them & get a new pair but these are in pristine/wearable condition 
ohwell.gif

i guess thats the only way though

The best chance is at a shoe repair. Theres just not much room to work with in order to sew straps in there. You could possibly use some shoe goo to glue the strap under the sole instead of sewing it, but your going to have to sew the strap to the tounge which wouldnt be too difficult because you have enough but not much room and its going to be on the very edge of the tounge where nobody will see how well you can sew.

The best chance is at a shoe repair. Theres just not much room to work with in order to sew straps in there. You could possibly use some shoe goo to glue the strap under the sole instead of sewing it, but your going to have to sew the strap to the tounge which wouldnt be too difficult because you have enough but not much room and its going to be on the very edge of the tounge where nobody will see how well you can sew.

o ya the tongue gets all off center.. and its weird i know exactly what your talkign about
but i recomend maybe tightening your shoe laces ? perhaps.. jus a suggestion..

o ya the tongue gets all off center.. and its weird i know exactly what your talkign about
but i recomend maybe tightening your shoe laces ? perhaps.. jus a suggestion..

get some old sneakers and cut a donor pair of straps off them and re-attach em on da III's...i mean its not rocket science.
laugh.gif

make sure you take em to da shoe repair.

get some old sneakers and cut a donor pair of straps off them and re-attach em on da III's...i mean its not rocket science.
laugh.gif

make sure you take em to da shoe repair.

thanks for all help guys 
@ninjahood i think i'm going to do that, i hope it comes out okay 

by the way, anyone have "after" pics of the re-straped?

thanks for all help guys 

Originally Posted by QuickStrike71

thanks for all help guys 

Actually, what I would do is get them repaired. It would be alot cheaper then buying a new pair.
Even if you did sell your old pair they would know the straps are cutt off, so they would want them cheap & if they are worn don't expect to have enough for a new pair....
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom