Help With My Computer...

OK,Here's my problem...A couple of days ago I noticed that my computer would pause or stop every 20 to 30 seconds...No matter what I did,It would stall fora few seconds,then start up again. I've tried defragging,system restore...Has anyone else have this problem and if so,how did you get rid of it? Thanks

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

OK,Here's my problem...A couple of days ago I noticed that my computer would pause or stop every 20 to 30 seconds...No matter what I did,It would stall for a few seconds,then start up again. I've tried defragging,system restore...Has anyone else have this problem and if so,how did you get rid of it? Thanks
stop as in freeze or restart?

It freezes up,then it's like nothing happened...If i'm typing something,it will freeze,then whatever typing that stopped earlier will pick up where itleft off...and that happens if i'm watching streaming video or just going in NT and noticing that the gifs in a post would stop,then start again...

find the SYSTEM 32 folder and delete it...your computer will become much faster
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

find the SYSTEM 32 folder and delete it...your computer will become much faster
happy.gif

Don't listen to this moron. Try starting it in safe mode and scan your PC for any viruses or spyware.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Could be a virus, but what are your specs and what are you doing when it freezes?
It starts about a minute from when I turn it on...I've checked for viruses with Ccleaner and AVG and they say I have none...

Could be a virus, but what are your specs and what are you doing when it freezes?
It starts about a minute from when I turn it on...I've checked for viruses with Ccleaner and AVG and they say I have none...
Try the safe mode suggestion, also what are your comp specs?

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

back up your files and just format it..

Fixes 99% of computer problems.

It sounds like something is making your computer's CPU usage spike every 20-30 seconds. That's what makes it stall.

Try the safe mode suggestion, also what are your comp specs?
6GB Memory,640GB HD with 82GB free,AMD Phenom 9550 Quad...

^ Wow, those are some nice specs. Your computer shouldn't be running like that at all. I would reinstall Windows personally. But it would take a while tobackup a 640GB drive.

Do Ctrl+Alt+Del and look at the performance tab. See if your CPU usage goes up to 99% or close to it every 20-30 seconds. If it does, it's a virus.

Originally Posted by JCH3

^ Wow, those are some nice specs. Your computer shouldn't be running like that at all. I would reinstall Windows personally. But it would take a while to backup a 640GB drive.

Do Ctrl+Alt+Del and look at the performance tab. See if your CPU usage goes up to 99% or close to it every 20-30 seconds. If it does, it's a virus.
not even close....

Download.com > Malwarebytes

Update It After U D/l It And Do A Quick Scan See Wat It Picks Up

Try to go to your hard drive: Right Click, Properties, Tools, Error Checking, and have it scan the drive on restart for errors.

Sounds like a registry error. Mess around with what programs start up and go from there.

Hmmm, with that much ram, your computer shouldn't be acting up like that.
Check and make sure all the ram chips are operational. Are you using the same brand of ram?

u cpu might be overheating that why it is "freezing". some cpus have features such as throttling to prevent damage when your temperature of the cpugoes to a certain temeprature

So is there a way to see if it's overheating? Besides putting my hand on the tower to see how warm it is?

Back
Top Bottom