Help with repainting my CDP III's

*If this is the wrong forum, please move this post.

I'm thinking about repainting the midsoles on my CDP III's and my Military IV's. I've heard Angelus paint is the best to use, but I wanna hear some tips from people who have a lot of experience with repainting soles. Should I remove all the paint that isn't cracked? Or should I sand it all off and start fresh? Is the finished product still close to the original paint? Any and all help is appreciated. PLEASE share all your info

*If this is the wrong forum, please move this post.

I'm thinking about repainting the midsoles on my CDP III's and my Military IV's. I've heard Angelus paint is the best to use, but I wanna hear some tips from people who have a lot of experience with repainting soles. Should I remove all the paint that isn't cracked? Or should I sand it all off and start fresh? Is the finished product still close to the original paint? Any and all help is appreciated. PLEASE share all your info

no need to sand it off. use acetone (nail polish remover) to get rid of the paint that is there and then paint. i found the finish the same. there are lots of "how to" instructions around. even try google.

no need to sand it off. use acetone (nail polish remover) to get rid of the paint that is there and then paint. i found the finish the same. there are lots of "how to" instructions around. even try google.

This is definitely the wrong forum for this.

If I were you I would acetone the midsoles and sand down the midsoles for a smooth even surface. Then begin to paint. Angelus is great but, not your only option.

Check your local art supply stores and see what they have to offer. Sometimes you can find a nice match or a color that just looks really hot, and you might wanna go custom.

Good Luck!

This is definitely the wrong forum for this.

If I were you I would acetone the midsoles and sand down the midsoles for a smooth even surface. Then begin to paint. Angelus is great but, not your only option.

Check your local art supply stores and see what they have to offer. Sometimes you can find a nice match or a color that just looks really hot, and you might wanna go custom.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom