Her (starring Joaquin Phoenix, Rooney Mara, Amy Adams, Scarlett Johansson).

It was pretty cool. The music in the movie was very dope. Anyone think they can date an OS? :lol:

:lol:

I think we're ~5 years or less from having something like this. I mean I can already talk to google/siri, but their functions are quite limited. I can get the score on a game instantly, but they struggle with other basic functions. it seems entirely plausible to have an OS that can evolve and use intuition, rationale etc.

Right now I'm super interested and excited to buy Google Glass when it drops in a few months, seems like it will be the next big step in consumer tech.

Last edited:
What an amazing film, aside from the look of the film (which is beautiful) the acting was superb. He better win best actor. 

Last edited:
Just rewatching some scenes from the movie hits me right back in the feels |I

Screener quality just doesnt cut it, you guys need to see this in theaters.

About the movie
Does Samantha and the other OS' become Skynet in the end? :nerd:

Last edited:
Just rewatching some scenes from the movie hits me right back in the feels
tired.gif

Screener quality just doesnt cut it, you guys need to see this in theaters.

About the movie
Does Samantha and the other OS' become Skynet in the end?
nerd.gif
I was thinking of skynet throughout the entire movie
laugh.gif

Did anyone else think that Theodore was gonna commit suicide at the end?

Dope film. Joakim gave an incredible performance. Oscar worthy, perhaps. I've seen the majority of films released this past year and I don't see a male lead with a better performance.

Can one of yall dissect the end when the bot chick said something along the lines about how she feels like their writing a book of love but the words are becoming farther apart ? Did she basically mean the warming period is basically dead? Or did that scene go over my head?

Great movie btw. Love the musical tone as well.

maaan...I wanted to see this movie but my girl said it looked stupid :stoneface:

now im in LA with no one to go see it with :smh:

Can one of yall dissect the end when the bot chick said something along the lines about how she feels like their writing a book of love but the words are becoming farther apart ? Did she basically mean the warming period is basically dead? Or did that scene go over my head?

I don't know if I would describe it as a warming period but I think you've got the write idea. There love was the book and as they progresed the book moved on. Samanatha reached a point where she still loved him but there was so much more out there for her to discover and she was investing less time in the book. Thus the spaces between the words grew and thats where she existed. She outgrew him but made it clear that without him she wouldn't have gotten there.

Awesome movie. Can't stop thinking about it. If you liked Eternal Sunshine you'll probably like this.

She got too smart man, hence why I joked about all the OS becoming skynet at the end :lol: . She basically acquired too much knowledge and had evolved past the point of human understanding and limitations. In order for her to keep growing, she had to leave Theodore behind and enter another plane of existence in the internet that humans can't even comprehend |I

She is basically on the cusp of achieving singularity man. I think the new sci-fi movie that Johnny Depp is in, Transcendence, will cover something like this..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

Last edited:
the best part of the movie was the little video game dude.

other than that this movie was weak as hell, a great film fest movie though.

She got too smart man, hence why I joked about all the OS becoming skynet at the end :lol: . She basically acquired too much knowledge and had evolved past the point of human understanding and limitations. In order for her to keep growing, she had to leave Theodore behind and enter another plane of existence in the internet that humans can't even comprehend |I

She is basically on the cusp of achieving singularity man. I think the new sci-fi movie that Johnny Depp is in, Transcendence, will cover something like this..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

My man. Word to Ray Kurzweil.

Saw it earlier today. It was really good. Movie by movie im becoming a huge fan of Rooney Mara. Shes really good. Phoenix did his thing. Im glad to see him back in the Oscar picture. Scarlett has the sexiest voice ever

Heard a young chick in the theatre say that this is "The Notebook" of our time, referring to online dating, Catfish, etc...kind of a reach but I got her point. :lol:

Saw the movie last night and it did not disappoint. Enjoyed the music, outfits and cinematography with the backdrop of Shanghai (I knew those buildings looked familiar) were beautiful as well. And also

the ending did seem like it was a farewell letter from Theodore.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom