Hernia Treatment?

okay guys, I feel like I have a hernia, this happen while I was playing ball and I also do life weights 5 days a week. I had the pain come and go since Wednesday, it comes when I use some kind of force or heavy strength when I lift.

is there any special treatment you guys know of, besides surgery and has anyone ever had this before?

I just started taking some pain pills today after the gym, I got a little bit of the pain while I was lifting, im going to put ice later to stop some of the swelling.

any help is needed, thanks guys

it only comes back when I lift a little bit heavy, yesterday I didn't go to the gym and felt fine

Hernia is when an organ has come out or is protruding from whatever is containing it. Several complications can occur if not treated. Inguinal hernias are the only ones I've seen, and they are operated on.

-- Nurse

I think I have a inguinal hernia, is there any way to treat that or exercises I can do?

or should I just stop lifting for a couple weeks

Had a hernia when I was like 8, got surgery and couldn't walk for a few days. Got the scar below my waist/above my pubic area

well I don't know for sure if I have this, I haven't gotten check, right now I feel fine, if I did wouldn't it be hurting all the time?

well I don't know for sure if I have this, I haven't gotten check, right now I feel fine, if I did wouldn't it be hurting all the time?

From what I remember from mine, it didn't even hurt, I don't even know how I got it :lol:

Go to a doctor and get it checked out. My brother didn't notice his hernia at the time but later on he could barely standup, I don't think it's something you treat yourself.

Last edited:
Some guy I talk to at the gym said the doctor said he has one and he said surgery or let it rest and don't aggravate it. Whats the difference between a sports hernia?

I pretty much experienced the same thing as GSDOUBLEU, same scars and all. I'm pretty sure a hernia isn't something you just take time off for and let heal. If you really have one you need to go get it checked out fam.

Back
Top Bottom