Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've seen this, but wasn't sure about the reasoning behind laminating it now when there are still open ("other) spaces for adding booster shots.
Obviously Office Depot just wants to get you in the door to spend money...

I guess some people want to carry it around? I would just leave it in a top loader that they use for sports cards if you trying to protect it.

I guess some people want to carry it around? I would just leave it in a top loader that they use for sports cards if you trying to protect it.

Although I'm sure they will be used at some point in the future, I haven't heard of a single place requiring your vaccination card for anything yet.

t5ol1jocc2q61.jpg

Crazy to see the hospital numbers this high since over 25 percent of people have the first dose mostly the elders got theirs . Even with just the first dose it provides u with some protection to avoid serious symptoms if you get it . Looks like most people in the hospital around around 30-55 years old I would have to say no way we should be at a plateau for over a month

Crazy to see the hospital numbers this high since over 25 percent of people have the first dose mostly the elders got theirs . Even with just the first dose it provides u with some protection to avoid serious symptoms if you get it . Looks like most people in the hospital around around 30-55 years old I would have to say no way we should be at a plateau for over a month

There are probably a couple of issues:
  • as we’ve discussed before it isn’t clear yet if you can be an asymptomatic carrier after vaccination. When I’m vaccinating the final part of my spiel is “remember that this doesn’t change anything - keep wearing a mask and all the other things you’re doing and not doing until we’re told different”.
  • people are definitely relaxing - part of that is understandable as it’s been a year now and it’s been tough, and it’s not really related to things like Texas going nuts - but just little pushing of the boundaries such as getting together with people for a meal or a movie or something.
  • schools being back here is definitely not helping - most kids are unlikely to get really unwell - but clearly they’ll spread it around
I’m trying really hard and it doesn’t affect me but I’ve been really angry at Ted Cruz all day. I saw a brief clip of him talking to press and someone asked him to wear a mask - he refused saying that he doesn’t wear one talking to a camera and because he’d been vaccinated. That’s just frustrating from someone in his position (although completely predictable) because he clearly didn’t care about the press all around him - and back to my earlier point of us not knowing about transmission from those who are vaccinated. That’s a big part of why we’re still in the state we are.

Locally the Scottish First Minister has done a decent job - but she is being criticised by the nutters for being a nazi or wanting everyone locked down forever. Just inane rants of ignorant people.

yeah they could've easily had those hospitalizations close to zero by now. that said, it's stayed pretty flat, not the doomsday doubling every few days that we saw last year. so the vaccinations and masks are making a difference, and hopefully the tide will turn in the coming weeks.

There are several factors at work that could result in pollen leading to increased spread. Immunological: allergies are caused by an overreaction from your immune system, so you could be more susceptible to any infectious disease because your immune system is already taxed, especially if your symptoms keep you from getting enough quality sleep.
Behavioral: allergies cause sneezing, coughing, runny nose, itchy eyes, etc. Those who are infected, even asymptomatic, will be shedding more virus. Those who aren’t will be more likely to be infected when they rub their eyes, touch their nose, mouth, etc.
Environmental: Viral particles have been proven to attach to air pollution, including pollen, and will be airborne as a result. This is the least likely route of transmission, but figure it’s worth mentioning.

Here’s a related video DW ran a few days ago:

good points. yeah I shouldn't be so dismissive of pollen as a factor if I'm going to get upset at people for being dismissive of seasonality as a factor, especially when for all intents and purposes it's the same thing...

Vaccine scheduled for Thursday at 9:15AM.

Moderna. Yikes.

Talked to a coworker who is 37, she took it Saturday and she had chills at night end fatigue the following day. This was her first dose too. Her husband had no reaction. Both took moderna.

I’m thinking of popping a Tylenol before I pass out to avoid those chills just in case on Friday night after mine.

Talked to a coworker who is 37, she took it Saturday and she had chills at night end fatigue the following day. This was her first dose too. Her husband had no reaction. Both took moderna.
Any chance she had COVID already?

She did not.
I asked because I haven’t heard of anyone who never had COVID feeling those side effects from the first dose. It’s always been the second that makes some people (me included) feel like sht.

Last edited:
I asked because I haven’t heard on anyone who never had COVID feeling those side effects from the first dose. It’s always been the second that makes some people (me included) feel like sht.

How bad is as the second dose in terms of post shot symptoms. I want to play golf the Sunday after the 2nd **** which will be on a Friday at the very least :lol:

I made peace with the fact that that Saturday is going to be a wasted day.

Back
Top Bottom