Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
My gf's oncologist recommended she get a booster within the next month or so. That'll be a little bit before the 8 month span the WH mentioned since we got vaxxed in March. Wonder if that's still ok

My gf's oncologist recommended she get a booster within the next month or so. That'll be a little bit before the 8 month span the WH mentioned since we got vaxxed in March. Wonder if that's still ok

Oh you have to wait 8 months first? Im about half that, got vaxed mid April.

Oh you have to wait 8 months first? Im about half that, got vaxed mid April.
Oh no I don't know for sure. I'm just going off what was recommended from the WH announcement. I don't know if it matters or not to get it earlier, particularly for you and someone like my gf. She's going to ask her oncologist about that too though

Oh no I don't know for sure. I'm just going off what was recommended from the WH announcement. I don't know if it matters or not to get it earlier, particularly for you and someone like my gf. She's going to ask her oncologist about that too though

It would actually be great if you could let me know what her oncologist tells her (if thats ok). Curious if it lines up with what my oncologist tells me. Hope things are going well with her btw!

It would actually be great if you could let me know what her oncologist tells her (if thats ok). Curious if it lines up with what my oncologist tells me. Hope things are going well with her btw!
curious what they say as well.

my interpretation of the CDC guidelines is that you would get the booster and now. it just has to be 28 days or more from your 2nd shot.

8 month wait is for the general public. These people can get boosters right now. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/immuno.html

Interestingly enough, they have two separate classifications for the shots:
  • This additional dose intended to improve immunocompromised people’s response to their initial vaccine series is not the same as a booster dose, given to people when the immune response to a primary vaccine series is likely to have waned over time.

Interestingly enough, they have two separate classifications for the shots:
  • This additional dose intended to improve immunocompromised people’s response to their initial vaccine series is not the same as a booster dose, given to people when the immune response to a primary vaccine series is likely to have waned over time.

So that means what exactly?

So that means what exactly?

I haven’t had a chance to research it, but at face value, it would appear that you would qualify for both the additional dose AND a booster down the road.

Fully vaccinated immune compromised individuals represent the majority of breakthrough cases (in the fully vaxxed population), so the goal is to help strengthen the immune response with this additional dose.

For clarity, are you asking whether or not you'd still technically be considered fully vaccinated if you don't take the 3rd shot 8 months after your 2nd? I'm really trying to hold out for an updated booster that's better than just taking more of the same. It's kind of crazy we haven't seen any news or data on boosters that specifically target VOC's. I remember seeing news that Pfizer and Moderna were working on them, but I would have thought that could be achieved more quickly.
Same here. At this point what exactly do we know about the booster shot? Just that it's a third shot of the same ones we've already gotten? I thought the boosters were going to be specifically for protection against Delta. There appears to be no data at this point in the US that the current vaccines have a waning efficacy. Unless the CDC has data that the majority of breakthrough cases are 8+ months old.
Accuracy for positives = 84.6%
Accuracy for negatives = 98.5%

According to this it looks like the Ellume test is more accurate, but the reviews for it are pretty poor on Target.com.
I was going to ask if anyone's tried Ellume. I went looking for Binax at the local pharmacy but all they had was Ellume. I didn't get it since I had never heard of it.

These sporting venues are packed. Is mlb requiring anything? Stadium or state specific? They just hoping to get through the season?

kind of a weird reality when we see this on tv, and then reading this thread and knowing the increased cases and icus. You never would know.

These sporting venues are packed. Is mlb requiring anything? Stadium or state specific? They just hoping to get through the season?

kind of a weird reality when we see this on tv, and then reading this thread and knowing the increased cases and icus. You never would know.

for LA/the Dodgers the county reinstated the mask mandate for large gathering events like games, that goes into effect midnight Friday I think. The team already had their own guidelines about public areas/lines etc but now the county is making it official.

Back
Top Bottom